Hi, my name is Josh and I'm an alco... Wait, wrong intro.
I'm Josh, and I was never interested in photography until a few years ago. I began taking photos in DC for (nerd alert) Wikipedia articles I wrote or edited. You can find many of my photos on that site.
I later became interested in shooting pictures just for fun, most of which are related to architecture, sculpture, and sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. I freely admit I'm not a great photographer who uses an inexpensive camera. But I still find joy in sharing what I've discovered and learned via my camera lens.
I consider my photostream educational. Most of my photos include background and/or historical information on the subject.
Check out the groups I started and feel free to join: Georgetown, Logan Circle, Foggy Bottom, Brookland, DC cemeteries, & Middletown, Virginia.
- Christmas Lights 13,681 photos, 2,247 members
- Christmas Trees 8,837 photos, 1,729 members
- Christmas All Year 2,173 photos, 402 members
- CHRISTMAS*A Magical time of the year* 10,575 photos, 1,857 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 148,485 photos, 8,536 members
- Historic Preservation 42,349 photos, 1,050 members
- All Animals 846,353 photos, 37,537 members
- Barns, Sheds and other Rustic Rural Buildings 47,582 photos, 3,003 members
- Rural America 88,048 photos, 2,874 members
- gayDC 554 photos, 132 members
- Black History 5,768 photos, 758 members
- Attractive Bank Buildings 2,061 photos, 226 members
- ***Flickr Global 466,692 photos, 11,239 members
- DC Under Construction 1,161 photos, 107 members
- The Georgetown Metropolitan 847 photos, 27 members
- Esquinas / Corners (in architecture) 1,227 photos, 33 members
- U.S. Presidents (no photos!) 3,856 photos, 540 members
- Mountains Anywhere 261,217 photos, 21,761 members
- Signs! Just Beautiful Signs! 4,355 photos, 815 members
- Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.... 41,710 photos, 2,547 members
- Signs!!! Post 1 comment 3 807 photos, 189 members
- Fast Food Joints 1,465 photos, 96 members
- Fast Food 7,415 photos, 879 members
- animals, vegetables, and gardens 1,189 photos, 86 members
- FlickrCentral 6,689,490 photos, 197,158 members
- National Building Museum's Historic Building 168 photos, 26 members
- Corner Stores (Mom and Pop operations) 642 photos, 284 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,328 photos, 1,433 members
- Brutalist Architecture - béton (concrete) brut 21,461 photos, 2,200 members
- Restaurants 12,092 photos, 1,091 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 1,992 photos, 65 members
- Postmodernism, Neo-Historicism, and Neo-Eclectic Architecture. 2,479 photos, 165 members
- This Old House: Please read posting guidelines,thanks. 7,669 photos, 781 members
- animal lovers 59,293 photos, 2,551 members
- Flickr Zoo 52,650 photos, 1,768 members
- Estatuas ecuestres 2,572 photos, 129 members
- Equestrians / Statues Equestres 2,222 photos, 435 members
- DC in BW 8,714 photos, 459 members
- MODERNISM 32,455 photos, 2,329 members
- Neighborhood Church & Congregation 1,560 photos, 56 members
- Bell towers all around the world 854 photos, 35 members
- Bells&Belltowers&Spikes&Spires 3,074 photos, 452 members
- Bay Windows 486 photos, 16 members
- Flickr: History 13,021 photos, 322 members
- * Honoring, Memorials, and Remembrances 2,671 photos, 128 members
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden 491 photos, 62 members
- Smithsonian Through Your Lens 2,235 photos, 266 members
- AIA 150: America's Favorite Architecture 6,187 photos, 1,024 members
- Modern Sculpture 16,669 photos, 1,005 members
- NoMA - Washington, DC 587 photos, 42 members
Maryland Route 5 says:
"The photostream that captures the essence of life in our nation's capital is undoubtedly this one. Photographic excellence, coupled with excellent commentary on the history behind every shot, makes NCinDC's Flickr site a "must see!" I highly recommend it."
16th April, 2012
"How could we endure our life, our day to day getting by, without having Flickr friends like NCinDC? Not only the provider of wonderful pics of historic buildings, but also manages to inject a little bit of day-to-day life and humor into my world. Thanks NC!"
23rd January, 2009
- August 2007
- Washington, D.C.
- Middletown, Virginia, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken