Hi, my name is Josh and I'm an alco... Wait, wrong intro.
I'm Josh, and I was never interested in photography until a few years ago. I began taking photos in DC for (nerd alert) Wikipedia articles I wrote or edited. You can find many of my photos on that site.
I later became interested in shooting pictures just for fun, most of which are related to architecture, sculpture, and sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. I freely admit I'm not a great photographer who uses an inexpensive camera. But I still find joy in sharing what I've discovered and learned via my camera lens.
I consider my photostream educational. Most of my photos include background and/or historical information on the subject.
Check out the groups I started and feel free to join: Georgetown, Logan Circle, Foggy Bottom, Brookland, DC cemeteries, & Middletown, Virginia.
- Christmas Lights 14,657 photos, 2,351 members
- Christmas Trees 9,478 photos, 1,854 members
- Christmas All Year 4,178 photos, 719 members
- CHRISTMAS*A Magical time of the year* 13,629 photos, 2,227 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 150,652 photos, 8,573 members
- Historic Preservation 43,806 photos, 1,064 members
- All Animals 873,280 photos, 38,367 members
- Barns, Sheds and other Rustic Rural Buildings 48,266 photos, 3,029 members
- Rural America 89,781 photos, 2,908 members
- gayDC 553 photos, 130 members
- Black History 5,832 photos, 769 members
- Attractive Bank Buildings 2,143 photos, 227 members
- ***Flickr Global 529,882 photos, 12,866 members
- DC Under Construction 1,195 photos, 107 members
- The Georgetown Metropolitan 851 photos, 27 members
- Esquinas / Corners (in architecture) 1,236 photos, 33 members
- U.S. Presidents (no photos!) 3,875 photos, 542 members
- Mountains Anywhere 274,073 photos, 22,423 members
- Signs! Just Beautiful Signs! 4,825 photos, 871 members
- Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.... 43,218 photos, 2,646 members
- Signs!!! Post 1 comment 3 887 photos, 193 members
- Fast Food Joints 1,457 photos, 95 members
- Fast Food 7,638 photos, 883 members
- animals, vegetables, and gardens 1,282 photos, 93 members
- FlickrCentral 6,976,466 photos, 203,804 members
- National Building Museum's Historic Building 177 photos, 26 members
- Corner Stores (Mom and Pop operations) 624 photos, 283 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,309 photos, 1,455 members
- Brutalist Architecture - béton (concrete) brut 22,221 photos, 2,229 members
- Restaurants 12,446 photos, 1,111 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 5,258 photos, 146 members
- Postmodernism, Neo-Historicism, and Neo-Eclectic Architecture. 2,478 photos, 165 members
- This Old House: Please read posting guidelines,thanks. 7,690 photos, 781 members
- animal lovers 60,454 photos, 2,587 members
- Flickr Zoo 53,877 photos, 1,792 members
- Estatuas ecuestres 2,584 photos, 132 members
- Equestrians / Statues Equestres 2,231 photos, 436 members
- DC in BW 9,042 photos, 475 members
- MODERNISM 32,949 photos, 2,340 members
- Neighborhood Church & Congregation 1,564 photos, 56 members
- Bell towers all around the world 861 photos, 36 members
- Bells&Belltowers&Spikes&Spires 3,153 photos, 460 members
- Bay Windows 501 photos, 16 members
- Flickr: History 13,951 photos, 337 members
- * Honoring, Memorials, and Remembrances 2,791 photos, 128 members
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden 508 photos, 62 members
- Smithsonian Through Your Lens 2,299 photos, 270 members
- AIA 150: America's Favorite Architecture 6,286 photos, 1,028 members
- Modern Sculpture 17,539 photos, 1,021 members
- NoMA - Washington, DC 608 photos, 42 members
Maryland Route 5 says:
"The photostream that captures the essence of life in our nation's capital is undoubtedly this one. Photographic excellence, coupled with excellent commentary on the history behind every shot, makes NCinDC's Flickr site a "must see!" I highly recommend it."
16th April, 2012
"How could we endure our life, our day to day getting by, without having Flickr friends like NCinDC? Not only the provider of wonderful pics of historic buildings, but also manages to inject a little bit of day-to-day life and humor into my world. Thanks NC!"
23rd January, 2009
- August 2007
- Washington, D.C.
- Stephens City, Virginia, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken