Because we must act now: americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/
I'm a Texas artist in several media who has loved the camera for decades.
I paint murals and other decorative art, and do faux and cabinet finishes in Houston, Kingwood, Sugar Land, Bolivar Peninsula, Dallas, and beyond. I try to help bring the clients' own visions to reality, whether in art, texture or finish, working in a variety of media and products, including Venetian plaster, various glazes and metallic products.
I've done wedding photography, family photography, travel photography, advertising photography, catalog photography, photographs documenting construction projects, and civil and structural construction site surveys. Ages ago, I developed and taught a course in underwater photography.
I've done structural and civil inspections and managed civil construction projects nationwide. I've performed structural inspections on security towers at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and managed projects for various government and private clients, including the Department of Defense and Mississippi Air National Guard.
My Transportation Worker Identification Credential, TWIC card, is current and I would be very interested in doing photography for clients involved in transportation related fields, whether maritime, railroad, highway or other, anywhere.
While this photostream can serve as something of a portfolio, I would happily supply samples of my photography related to a client's needs.
Most of this photostream will be dreadfully boring to most viewers, since one of its purposes is to document some infrastructure that interests me.
I am a huge fan of flickr, this international community of artists, photographers, activists and spectators.
Photographers are missing out if they don't take advantage of Creative Commons, by which photographs, with proper attribution, get further exposure in online and print media.
My photostream is a mixture of old and new photos for photo's sake and photos recording my art, projects, etc.
Some of my photography is prompted by regret over photos not taken over the years, passing a bridge or a movie theater and telling myself that I really should take a picture of it, before its gone, only to pass it some time later, and it is gone.
Some of it is prompted by a here-there thing: the windows, the bridges, the old movie theaters, the books...
A pontist, I'll walk or kayak miles in to photograph an old bridge, especially if I haven't found recent photographs of it.
Born downtown, I've lived in metropolitan Houston all my life. I get exasperated with our casual attitude toward our architectural heritage, and with some other things. I'm still enjoying exploring Houston, learning about it, finding new perspectives. For all Houston's faults, my love affair with the place continues.
I also have more than forty years of slides and negatives, the best of which I hope to find time to scan. They document my love of Texas, the Gulf Coast in particular, the sea in general, and more.
- Bridges of the World 69,264 photos, 7,742 members
- Bridges at Work 606 photos, 66 members
- Trains on curves, hills and bridges 197 photos, 13 members
- Houston, Texas 46,448 photos, 2,352 members
- Houston and Harris County, Texas 1,369 photos, 78 members
- Houston 20,623 photos, 1,020 members
- Dallas 30,666 photos, 2,250 members
- I Love San Antonio, Texas! 3,531 photos, 251 members
- San Antonio, TX 13,047 photos, 1,164 members
- Vanishing Texas 8,867 photos, 636 members
- Abandoned Roads 1,351 photos, 94 members
- Monochrome America 5,694 photos, 92 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 14,054 photos, 12,551 members
- The Eyes of Texas 1,512 photos, 39 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 7,139 photos, 211 members
- U.S. Politics and the World; Political Debate w/ FREE SPEECH 1,544 photos, 114 members
- Political Discussion Group: U.S News 59 photos, 18 members
- political views 1,482 photos, 88 members
- Control Arms\ Armas Bajo Control 143 photos, 261 members
- America 36,577 photos, 943 members
- Control Arms 105 photos, 16 members
- Doors & Windows Project 142,326 photos, 13,555 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 149,120 photos, 16,762 members
- Texas 140,283 photos, 5,532 members
- paddling a canoe or kayak 3,847 photos, 393 members
- Your Best Railroad Shot 32,156 photos, 931 members
- Train-photographer's digest 669 photos, 741 members
- Railways in Monochrome 24,510 photos, 436 members
- Inspired by David Plowden 3,988 photos, 105 members
- Abandoned Railroad Grades, Bridges, Tunnels: With Location 100 photos, 21 members
- Rail in Black & White 1,740 photos, 159 members
- Bridges 118,841 photos, 11,444 members
- Cemeteries in Monochrome 6,939 photos, 686 members
- HAIF 4,023 photos, 170 members
- Houston Press Flickr Pool 29,019 photos, 865 members
- Galveston County, Texas 5,629 photos, 140 members
- Trains in Black and White 5,130 photos, 271 members
- Lost Railroad Tracks 4,212 photos, 423 members
- Texas -The Lone Star State - Tejas - TX - All The Great Views 73,141 photos, 2,315 members
- Houston, Texas in Black and White 379 photos, 16 members
- Black and White 5,440,187 photos, 266,183 members
- Bridges, in Black and White 2,971 photos, 493 members
- American South in Black & White 10,939 photos, 362 members
- Texas County Courthouses 800 photos, 45 members
- Neches River 93 photos, 5 members
- "Time Passes. Listen. Time Passes." 20,732 photos, 800 members
- Houston Ship Channel 183 photos, 16 members
- Movable Bridges 1,566 photos, 110 members
- East Texas Flatwater Kayaking 153 photos, 9 members
- Kayaking and Canoeing Buffalo Bayou 29 photos, 3 members
"Patrick sees and records the changing landscape. Noticing the eclectic is his vision and his talent. Always stylish and beautifully observed, these photographs have both a strong Texas accent and a global relevance.
It's been a pleasure to get to know Accent, sharing his outlook and learning about his home state. From high-rise Houston to forgotten bayous, it's a journey of contrasts, intriguing details and natural beauty.
Here's to the next year Patrick!"
8th May, 2010
░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ says:
"some very fine infrastructure photography."
18th September, 2009
- Patrick Feller
- November 2008
- Humble, Texas, USA
- I am:
- Accent on Eclectic