I am looking for something a lot like magic.
Here are my Getty shots:
Photos of Muzzlehatch (6)
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L (IS) USM 77,515 photos, 6,532 members
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro 65,299 photos, 4,552 members
- Canon MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite Users 431 photos, 61 members
- Canon MP-E65 1,466 photos, 125 members
- EOS Cameras and Manual Lenses 62,958 photos, 4,359 members
- Canon EOS 6D - Official Group 58,408 photos, 5,028 members
- Route 66 34,312 photos, 2,645 members
- FlickrCentral 6,689,472 photos, 197,157 members
- Salton Sea 7,294 photos, 834 members
- Flickreenos Against **Future Changes** 2 photos, 88 members
- California Central Coast Photographers 20,759 photos, 579 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,535 members
- Post 1 leave 3 passive aggressive comments, notes, or tags 8,853 photos, 831 members
- Evil Conspiring Pelicans 1,070 photos, 125 members
- Urban - Photography 171,890 photos, 6,028 members
- Ghost Towns 21,053 photos, 2,847 members
- Abandoned 705,860 photos, 49,653 members
- Yes. We know we are shooting into the light. 905 photos, 129 members
- Death Valley 15,567 photos, 2,240 members
- [Star Trails] 13,651 photos, 3,867 members
- The Interloping Dog 348 photos, 80 members
- Carrizo Plain National Monument 1,164 photos, 108 members
- DOGFORT 96 photos, 13 members
- Mojave Desert 6,657 photos, 401 members
- Los Angeles State Historic Park 284 photos, 17 members
- Photographers' Rights. 239 photos, 3,583 members
- California Wildlife 42,299 photos, 1,911 members
- Los Angeles 185,593 photos, 9,941 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 314,282 photos, 19,203 members
- Don't get me started ... 378 photos, 44 members
- California State Parks and Beaches 15,828 photos, 994 members
- People with wetsuits that look like seals from the bottom 1,441 photos, 96 members
- "Time Passes. Listen. Time Passes." 20,827 photos, 803 members
- The Biggest Rhubarb Fancier's Group 9 photos, 17 members
- This Site is Stealing My PHOTOS! WARBLGARBLE!!! 20 photos, 19 members
- Secrets Of Explore 1,406 photos, 2,789 members
- Photopolis - The Photographer's Community 21,906 photos, 444 members
- AV Photographers 3,782 photos, 124 members
- Antelope Valley 3,365 photos, 239 members
- Photographic Editing Offences [PHOENIX] 1,058 photos, 453 members
- Abandoned California 13,011 photos, 862 members
- California Desert 28,917 photos, 2,779 members
- riverside-ca. 6,011 photos, 211 members
- Inland Empire 19,401 photos, 791 members
- Olympus E-System Information Links 237 photos, 7 members
- Bittersweet 2,950 photos, 243 members
"You'll gasp at his landscapes.
You'll weep at his melancholy deserts.
You'll guffaw at his fizzy wit and bouncy intelligence.
To say that Muzzlehatch knows his stuff is absurd litotes. Wistful scenes, superbly shot, dry wit and the most charismatic beard on Flickr.
28th August, 2010
Marcin Tustin says:
"Almost every photo Muzzlehatch posts is an absolute gem, carrying a sense of emotion that is undeniable (and that's just the landscapes and still lifes). Looking at his photos, I suspect that this is possible because of the great love he has for Southern California, and his other subjects."
27th September, 2009
moonlit glow says:
"muzzy, a gorgeous human being able to capture the spirit of his muse..
I e-met muzz on yafro in '04 and his magnetic personality is contagious and if you have had the pleasure to encounter his charm you know what I'm talking about. I feel blessed by his humor and his spirit in action through his photography.
thanks muzz for being you!
3rd September, 2009
- travis - says:
"I must say, I thought I was on top of my game as a photographer, but whenever I need to realize how far I have to come, I shall come back to visit this gentleman's stream. Where else can you find hundreds of photos where my only comment is "I wish I was this good!"??"
20th August, 2009
Further to Fly says:
"Muzz brings sanity to every conversation while remaining a little off-center himself. Very knowledgable about all things photographic, he is genuinely helpful and never tosses off even the most inane questions. He professes to have a real job but I suspect secretly he is unemployed because where else could he find all that time to contribute so much?
Oh and did I mention, he is a helluva photographer!"
20th August, 2009
"Eric's love affair with the golden hour is fully evident in his photos. I usually look in awe and wonder at his work...and then dissect it to see how I can replicate anything near as wonderful myself. :)
Eric has taught me so much through his involvement with the Olympus E-System Community (http://www.flickr.com/groups/olympusesystem/). I love his wit and charm as well as his view of the world. Many times he brings me wonderful memories of growing up in Southern California.
Every Flickr member should take a stroll through Eric's photostream...it's like ice cream...for your eyes! YUM!"
20th August, 2009
Mr Weatherbee says:
"Gifted photographer and the inverted sentence, he has mastered it."
15th August, 2009
"Other than having a photostream bursting to the seems with goodness Eric also shares on a personal level, giving an emotional aspect to a his creation of Art.
Art is the right word I think for what is happening here, don't be fooled by his self deprecation, a great eye for anything from a picturesque desert scene to an unexpected moment capture to a tee.
killer use of edge burn in lightroom as well :D"
15th August, 2009
"I don't know Muzzlehatch, I have only looked at his work, which is amazing and truly inspires me to work harder at my photography."
27th March, 2009
Eric W. Hodel says:
"I'm pleased to have Eric as a friend here. A genuinely kind soul for sure. He is an outstanding photographer and his experience and wit is always welcome. The progression in my own work is due a lot to the advice and inspiration from Eric. I thank Muzz for making me a better photographer."
2nd November, 2008
amanda leah photo says:
"Eric's landscapes are breathtaking and emotional. One of my favorite photographers on flickr or anywhere."
12th November, 2008
"Not only a great photographer -- but one of the nicest guys on the internet. Viva Muzzlehatch!"
18th November, 2008
aka *Shasha* says:
"I haven't been as active on Flickr as I once was, but I did some routing through my contacts' photos and forgotten how much I enjoyed Eric's photos! They share his life, his loves, and the way he notices simplicity in the world around us. It made me smile to catch up on what I've missed over the last few months :)"
21st December, 2008
*k a t i e* says:
"He's actually my favorite photograhper. Inspiring and awsome!"
4th September, 2008
♫ DeeVah ♫ says:
"My favorite photographer. Period. His pictures inspire me to escape mediocrity and to stretch towards awesomeness. I have miles and miles to go, but he drops breadcrumbs for me on a daily basis to keep me on the right path."
29th July, 2008
mister mark davis says:
"Eric is one of my dearest flickr friends. he's a great photographer and I love his left-handed comments :)"
17th July, 2008
Boadicea sings says:
"Eric and Light have a relationship to behold. Theirs is a courtship I will never tire of observing."
27th May, 2008
The Bugmaster says:
"This here is one of the best photographers on Flickr! Eric's photos are alive with beauty and color. His images are crystal clear and natural! Good on ya, Eric!!!"
26th May, 2008
"Muzzlehatch is my Obi Wan. He is an artist of great merit and a techincal guru of great generosity. His willingness to share in methodology and honest critique is of massive benefit to my own growth as a photographer and I know I'm not alone in that. His ability to make colours shine by muting them is wonderful and his style is clear and instantly recognisable - yet no two pictures repeat the same impression.
He's the kind of contributor to flickr that makes me return every night.
May his aim stay true, his battery never deplete and his eye stay tuned to what most people can never see."
21st May, 2008
"so. you browse a stream one night, and you realize, "this is art." Someone should always bear witness to beautiful art. Someone should always raise their glass to real vision...
To something well seen. To light elusively captured. To images deeper than just grass, flowers, a face, a moment.
I'm bearing witness. *smiles."
15th May, 2008
"Muzz is the Zeus Of Photography and the E-system..nuf said"
2nd April, 2008
lofi ken says:
"Muzz is a true student of photography. I am always impressed by his ability to analyze and understand the technical side of photography. His experience and know how is only surpassed by his creativity and artisic eye which shows in his photos. And hey, he's just an all around cool dude! Keep shooting!"
21st March, 2008
"I learned more in the last year from this guy then anyone else I keep a correspondence with.
Eric is the real deal, not a gear head like me. He takes what he has, and not only makes the best use of it, blows most others away. Give him a CPL, look out!"
14th June, 2007
"I have only been checking out Muzzlehatch's stuff now for a few months but i am continually impressed with the quality of output That this guy brings. Awesome Photos taken at the right time in the right position. Top Flickrer if I have ever met one."
15th April, 2007
"Good, solid photography and genuine, constructive comments spout profusely from this guy. Keep up the good work!"
18th February, 2007
Moon Bear says:
"This guy does awesome stuff with a camera."
9th November, 2006
"The ultimate in professionalism and a consumate artist. He lies on the fine line separating reality and abstract. Okay okay, so I laid it on kinda thick. The Muzz is cool, down to earth and a righteous bro. Peace."
27th June, 2006
- August 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken