Photography isn't just a hobby; it's my attempt at sanity! It's a diversion in a life with much responsibility, and also a way of looking at the world. Over the years, thinking photographically has made me more observant.
So, I keep a camera with me, wherever I go. If I'm dressed up, I'll probably have a point-and-shoot in the pocket of my sport coat. You know, the camera I keep in the office. When I'm driving, walking around town, or exploring a park, I take my DSLR, usually with a telephoto lens.
I shoot what I'm in the mood to shoot. Macros, nature, family, or things that make me think. My camera and I like to explore cemeteries. And, I use as little editing as possible. Not that I'm against Photoshopping; I just keep things simple for myself.
Photography also helps me with sanity because it introduces me to folks on Flickr. Since I began, in the summer of 2007, I've encountered many people, and warmed up to friendships that I value.
Thanks for stopping by. Some of the items in my photostream are actually attempts at quality photography. Others simply chronicle my life. Either way, I'm glad our paths have crossed.
- Your Best Shot 2013 6,487 photos, 8,562 members
- CHOOSE JOY 411 photos, 58 members
- Summer Flickr 20,717 photos, 2,037 members
- Mannequin 23,064 photos, 3,427 members
- Emotive Photographs 13,720 photos, 804 members
- Renaissance "Faire Ladys" 9,121 photos, 408 members
- Eastern League Baseball 622 photos, 70 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 27,740 photos, 1,120 members
- Communing with the dead. Graves, cemeteries, mausoleums. 12,792 photos, 280 members
- Fog and Rain 207,224 photos, 41,922 members
- alzheimer's disease 531 photos, 126 members
- Nikon D3100 52,698 photos, 2,783 members
- SALT Project 314 photos, 60 members
- Love Black And White 23,042 photos, 1,073 members
- Pennyslvania Renaissance Faire-Images and Memories 2,505 photos, 87 members
- Elmwood Park Zoo 22 photos, 6 members
- Lehigh Valley Zoo / Trexler Game Preserve Shots 362 photos, 29 members
- Just Street Photography 1,145,497 photos, 38,401 members
- Friends Journal 1,259 photos, 162 members
- Primary School Displays 2,069 photos, 249 members
- Affection beyond the species barrier 844 photos, 114 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas [48°Contest: Christmas smiles OPEN!] 124,416 photos, 20,106 members
- Covered Bridges - Geotagged 1,873 photos, 257 members
- The Lonely Bench 2,698 photos, 671 members
- Trains and Railroads of Pennsylvania 7,527 photos, 119 members
- Bucks County 11,674 photos, 491 members
- The Unseen Moment 65 photos, 30 members
- Don't look just shoot 42 photos, 20 members
- God's Wonderful Story 421 photos, 20 members
- Reconciling Ministries Network 242 photos, 6 members
- The Rust Bucket 69,732 photos, 7,136 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 440,747 photos, 2,167 members
- Indirect Nature (reflections & shadows) 513 photos, 78 members
- Bike & Build 109 photos, 5 members
- *Macro* 2,940 photos, 291 members
- Rural America 87,740 photos, 2,869 members
- Study War No More! 547 photos, 127 members
- New Flickr of Hope 33,217 photos, 1,941 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 5,372 photos, 125 members
- Spider-ville 16,536 photos, 3,122 members
- Garden Beauty 1,708 photos, 65 members
- What Are We Reading? 685 photos, 78 members
- Macro! Closeup Shots! 123,182 photos, 5,813 members
- Lights & Shadows 172,828 photos, 11,287 members
- Positivity, honesty & happiness in chronic illness & disability 1,761 photos, 261 members
- Drifted Snow 356 photos, 44 members
- In Symmetry 1,031 photos, 212 members
- Green is Beautiful 676,085 photos, 60,802 members
- pSOOC - PRACTICALLY Straight Out Of Camera 2,871 photos, 182 members
- Indirect Objects (reflections & shadows) 819 photos, 72 members
Firefighter's Wife says:
"i found john's pictures through another profile and i discovered that he had a knack for capturing things in a photo that most people would never think about looking twice at. he really takes photography to another level. it gives us a reason to search out the interesting in the uninteresting."
3rd July, 2008
"John is my kind of photographer, not afraid to tackle an issue. I made him a contact so I could follow his Pop Tart crusade. :-) His photos are of the highest quality and they make me smile. You can't get much better than that.
24th November, 2007
tlp photography says:
"John makes you think, wonder, question and observe things you may never thought of observing before! He is analytical and sincere. He is passionate and sensitive! He is exactly who you want as a contact!
Thankyou John...for everything!"
4th January, 2008
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken