I believe in beauty. I'm trying to show the beauty that I see in the landscape that I travel through, whether by canoe, or on skis.
Inspired by Freeman Patterson, Ansel Adams, The Group of Seven, Sigurd Olson
Regarding contacts, I like to keep my contact list fairly short and meaningful, so if your photos interest me I'll make you a contact.
Photos of Peter Bowers (9)
- Flickr Friday 2,760 photos, 5,100 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,310 photos, 7,456 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,765 photos, 51,462 members
- Alt Land 681 photos, 189 members
- Photography Bay 68,887 photos, 2,674 members
- Flickr Ideas 0 photos, 11,439 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 19,643 photos, 2,074 members
- Waters of the World 618 photos, 56 members
- worldlightning 111,358 photos, 4,096 members
- Colossal Flickr Pool 9,842 photos, 1,278 members
- Québec's National Parks 4,725 photos, 477 members
- Minimalist Landscapes: take the long view! 15,733 photos, 14,521 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 290,686 photos, 18,830 members
- Natural Landscapes 17,343 photos, 3,256 members
- Best Landscape Photos of Canada 1,062 photos, 113 members
- Inspired by the group of seven 15 photos, 10 members
- Flickr Tate Gallery (invites only) 1,415 photos, 946 members
- Creative Landscapes 2,072 photos, 396 members
- canoeing 3,872 photos, 374 members
- harmonize opposites // Armoniza los contrarios 1,242 photos, 65 members
- *Earth's Natural Photography* 16,063 photos, 932 members
- EarthShots.org Entries 9,614 photos, 748 members
- A "Quality Only" Club -Admin Invite+Moderated Post 12,287 photos, 2,169 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES (2/day) 64,622 photos, 8,204 members
- 2.000+ Faves 33 photos, 54 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 15,774 members
- ~ The Flickr Collection (250+ Faves Only) ~ 338 photos, 153 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 10,403 photos, 368 members
- The Outdoor Photographers Lounge 46 photos, 43 members
- art of landscape 2,128 photos, 14,176 members
- Nikon D700 249,767 photos, 13,840 members
- Nikon Digital 1,508,086 photos, 66,147 members
- 1000+ Comments or Faves(invite only) 42 photos, 182 members
- Favorites: 250 656 photos, 437 members
- *ABW* Gallery ~ by invitation only 1,089 photos, 1,411 members
- - The EYE (Invite Only) 429 photos, 580 members
- 1.000+ Faves 203 photos, 142 members
- Torontoist: Toronto Photos 190,551 photos, 5,507 members
- blogTO (Toronto) 193,398 photos, 6,056 members
- top-f [ 25+ faves ] 35,057 photos, 12,187 members
- Nikon Capture NX Users Group 71,163 photos, 4,727 members
- 500 favorites and more 302 photos, 704 members
- Highly Competitive - Flickrs 100 Best - HALL OF FAME 124 photos, 211 members
- Highly Competitive - Flickr's 100 Best 92 photos, 5,133 members
- U&I Magazine 120,826 photos, 10,503 members
- Canadian Beauty 119,702 photos, 3,966 members
- FlickrCentral 6,083,344 photos, 183,767 members
- Water Abstracts 3,824 photos, 2,052 members
- Toronto 132,089 photos, 8,899 members
"Peter's work is just simply Increditable! and nice guy to boot! Look foward to seeing what else he captures as time goes on!"
12th August, 2008
Buck Forester says:
"There's a special and unique quality to Peter's photos. It's a relaxing photostream to visit as you can feel the quietness and serenity of his images. I'm especially drawn to his paddling images. It's not very often one sees worldclass photography talent combined with paddling, which makes for some amazing, colorful, unique and tranquil photographs that are soothing to view.
Another factor that makes Peter's images unique is that he's both creatively and technically proficient. Often one can find a talented photographer that is not very good on the technical side, and vice versa. We've all seen technically perfect photos that lack soul and beautifully shot photos that didn't translate well to the screen. Peter is a master technician combined with creative talent and he works them both together to produce stunning and emotional images."
18th February, 2008
Darien Chin says:
"Peter is one of my favorite photographers here on flickr, or most anywhere when it comes down to it. He approaches everything with such style and grace, that you can't help but to sit in awe of the wonderful scenes before you. I have sent so many people to his blending tutorial, because that is where I first got the concept of blending multiple exposures. I could not have achieved many of the shots in my collection if I hadn't learned that from Peter. I will always be thankful to him for that.
In the words of the ever wise Snoop Dogg: He da shizzle fo rizzle"
17th September, 2007
"I have no idea what took me so long to write this testimonial for Peter, for surely he has been delighting me with his landscape photography for a good many months. He brings us to places not easily accessible by many, and then presents us with the most awesome visions imaginable, whether an expansive landscape or minimalistic reeds. Thank you, Peter, for sharing your great talent with us."
26th December, 2005
Chris Lombardi says:
"While there is plenty of raw creativity on FLICKR, mature craftsmanship in service of the idea is in short supply. This is probably because Peter Bowers is hoarding the lion‘s share. He is a deft post-processor and FLICKR’s master of high dynamic range techniques, but above all he understands that brilliant light is the source of all that is good in a photo, and he hunts that light, gently snares it, and tastefully brings out its finest qualities in the digital darkroom. His care, patience, and ever evolving skill are an inspiration to us all to raise our bars another notch higher.
(He also has a very sweet canoe.)"
16th December, 2005
Jeff Clow says:
"I have long been an admirer of Peter's body of photo work....he takes photos that truly are up to what I consider a world class standard. I often have gazed amazed at his work, and wrongly assumed he was a professional.
But, I find that I had mistakenly taken his work to be professional - which it is in every sense of the word - but it was in fact taken by an incredibly talented amateur named Peter Bowers.
His photo work is as fine as you'll find anywhere on the web, and that includes every one of the big photography sites that sell photos.
His ability as a photographer is unsurpassed here at Flickr...and we're lucky to have his talents being shared - for free - with all of us....!"
31st August, 2005
"I must admit that Peter is one of the finest 'Landscape' photographers i've seen so far...
I remember that his shots were among the firsts i saw on FLICKR and at that time,i
remembered how impressed i was..and he stills impress me...
The thing is that he knows what he's good at,thus he works at it.
His shots convey a feel of serenity...Going through them will make you dream.
So thank you peter for sharing your work with us and i must say that you taught me a lot
Your shots inpired me,inpire me and hope will continue to inspire me..."
17th July, 2005
"Its quite hard to write a testimonial for such a talented photographer!
His photos are inspiring.. and soothing to a certain extent.
Proffessional and natural =)"
7th July, 2005
"I remember the first time I picked up a little UK rag named Photograph Monthly. I was simply blown away by the amazing landscape photography - the colors, the lighting, the subject selection.
When I first ran across Peter Bowers work, I was SURE I was looking at the same photographer. His work is a very consistent portfolio of excellence (damn him for his beautiful surroundings). I beleive I am able to achieve results that occassionally satisfy me, while Peter's work does so every single time he posts a shot.
He is simply put a brilliant and gifted artist."
4th July, 2005
- Peter Bowers
- January 2005
- Toronto, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken