moriza's photostream Pro User
I spend my day doing something useful, and night in my thinking cap.
I love books, I collected them, I like how they look
on the shelf, on the floor, on my table.
I like to draw, it is the way my hand wanders
picking cues from pebbles in my mind.
I take long walks, alone. I think best between steps... my steps. Along the way I snap photos and short takes of videos.
I listen to music at times to leave time markers, aural memory.
I write letters and emails that I never send.
I published poems for one I adore, unbeknown.
I love beauty, I adore smart, I worship kindness.
I multi-tasks, I think multi-tracks.
I procrastinate eating, sleeping.
I hate making or receiving phone calls, I love Visual voice mail.
I'll raise my sons to be better than me.
I processed most of my photos, I can't help it...
I am more of a painter than a real photographer.
All my public photos are licensed under Creative Commons
so use them! But please, link back to me...
See more of my Creative Commons pictures on my other stream.
my photo blogs :
The Art of Boxing
Things Are Looking Up
Where Mo Stands
Photos of moriza (12)
- Mermaid Parade, Best of 1,416 photos, 133 members
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade 3,702 photos, 535 members
- Indonesia Black and White Lovers 1,824 photos, 260 members
- PhotoChallenge.org 14,574 photos, 1,617 members
- PICTURES FROM NEW YORK CITY 30,991 photos, 1,245 members
- ecomagination photo project 29,740 photos, 1,870 members
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade - All Years & No Posting Limits 6,271 photos, 359 members
- Mermaid Parade, 2010 1,288 photos, 131 members
- skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing & graffiti 4,599 photos, 470 members
- For the Love of Brooklyn 16,928 photos, 493 members
- Profile Portraits (Only side-face please!) 3,523 photos, 610 members
- Streetlife Inspiration 14,906 photos, 1,099 members
- NYC Mixr 10,528 photos, 259 members
- SketchCrit 27 photos, 36 members
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade 2009 3,060 photos, 145 members
- Marks and Meaning 644 photos, 109 members
- Hopperscapes : Emptiness Crowded With Solitude 315 photos, 152 members
- Indonesia Travellers 12,780 photos, 474 members
- Street Performers 30,499 photos, 4,663 members
- World of Imagination 15,681 photos, 729 members
- User Experience Sketches 750 photos, 908 members
- Prime Of Your Life 24,185 photos, 575 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 32,694 photos, 5,501 members
- The Secret Life of Toys 300,129 photos, 20,158 members
- VISUAL PLEASURE 149,567 photos, 5,486 members
- NYCStreetPhotos 1,168 photos, 32 members
- A Double Fave (admins' choice) 920 photos, 2,890 members
- Flickr Vip 7,745 photos, 247 members
- All about food - ( not draw or illustration) 6,176 photos, 275 members
- Sports Photography 295,679 photos, 23,144 members
- Digital Sports / Photojournalism Photography 147,453 photos, 6,575 members
- Walk-By Shootings 137,871 photos, 3,479 members
- SMOTD Soul Man of the Day 4,608 photos, 550 members
- Street or Studio 2,096 photos, 2,435 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 160,763 photos, 17,114 members
- Mermaid Parade, 2008 2,276 photos, 117 members
- WNYC's Street Shots | Your NYC Photography 44,227 photos, 1,858 members
- 500x500 271,541 photos, 7,204 members
- Hero Reports 14 photos, 3 members
- Dessert Heaven 1,906 photos, 231 members
- urban poetry 90,632 photos, 3,596 members
- Random & Creative shots 229,759 photos, 11,484 members
- Rolf Contemporary Gallery 6,403 photos, 1,187 members
- Market Places 5,352 photos, 634 members
- New York, New York 352,098 photos, 14,971 members
- markets 27,265 photos, 2,343 members
- African, Caribbean, and Asian daily life 24,238 photos, 948 members
- urban knitting 3,334 photos, 594 members
- bicycles as art (submit a bicycle pic to be the group icon) 5,717 photos, 723 members
- s t o l e n f a c e s p r o j e c t . . . 1,984 photos, 342 members
"Mo! One of the nicest people I've ever met. A highly skill artist and photographer with a killer smile, Mo's imagery is really something to be savored. I really recommend taking a look as his interesting and inspiring works.
Take care Mo! Hope to see you again soon!"
30th May, 2008
"I remember when I first met Mo. Instantly he became one of my most treasured friends on flickr. I was always delighted with his stunning creative artwork, and he always teased me with his delicious meals. Even though we live miles apart, the friendship still remains. We have gone our different ways with photography, but I always believe that change is a good thing.
I look forward to seeing you more in the coming year. I wish you wonderful serendipitous moments, my friend. ♥"
16th December, 2007
"Both a great designer and artist, Mo makes some of the best captures of the urban environment I have seen, rather annoyingly there's never a bad one.
He's also made me my very own robot and its on the wall in my study.
24th August, 2007
Eric Setiawan says:
"Mo is a fun guy. Mo is a great father (of a handsome kid). Mo has curly hair :) Mo is a great artist. Mo is a great photographer. We all love his works. I am honored to have one of his robots named after me hehehe.
Mo is a great friend indeed."
6th August, 2007
"God to know hwos know him to be born in this world,...becouse he such great personality indeed and i know where he just going he can make great capture of all his photostream,...verry veery nice ,..great job ,...Mo,..congratulation!!!!!!!"
5th July, 2007
"Mo is an exceptional talented photographer who has a special eye in capturing the what we typically see as ordinary scenes and fail to realize the intriguing images they can turn out to be. His rich variety of work is a constant source of inspiration to us here. His street shots are striking and eye catching, something many of us fail to present. A visit to his photostream won't be a disappointment, I can vouch for that. Keep up the great work, Mo! And thanks for being a dear friend"
13th June, 2007
"mo is definitely one of the most talented people i've met. his pictures are colourful, happy, always creative and extraordinary. and beside all this he's oh so very nice, open and amiable. thanx for being you mo! and thanx for showing us around nyc, you're great!"
13th February, 2007
"I would call Moriza's work typical 'Indonesian-Amercian school': modern, strong in coulouring and contrasts and he has a very sharp eye for composition and moment. Especially his colouring bares his signature.
Alway's look forward to new work.
Mo: jalan terus!"
14th January, 2007
| Thorsten | says:
"Mo Riza besides being an enormous illustrative talent captures moments and mankind in life, that through colour and composition inspire on a nearly daily basis worldwide watchers - he creates appetizers for their personal menu of new views on the globe"
6th January, 2007
"Mo is one of my oldest and most favorite contacts on flickr! I love his shots, the way he capture places and people!
Hope to travel to NY soon and go around for some great moments!"
1st January, 2007
"i lIke to tAke some tIme to (view as A slideshow ) mOriza's fotos ..for hOurs and Hours : )"
22nd December, 2006
"Mo rocks!! :D
It's very hard for me to choose one of his pictures as a favorite, because all pics are awesome!
21st December, 2006
"Mo is such a unique artist needless to say. The series of robots were really interesting and so are his paintings. Recognizable and lovely. His photos are also super. The sense of beauty of the angles and the colors are something I don't usually have."
20th December, 2006
"i wanna be a photographer just like Mo when i grow up!"
16th December, 2006
"Moriza was the first to “favorite” my photos and since then I’ve been introduced to his colorful & captivating world.. Moriza has a talent for wonderfully blending together emotion, art and his unique vision of the world into great photography. His food shots make my mouth water every time and his portraits of Jasper always make me smile."
8th October, 2006
Dana Riza says:
"Mo.. i love his work.. ofcourse he is one of my favorite artist . he is my inspirational brother."
2nd October, 2006
Darja Bajagić says:
"I don't need to view the photo full size to know that I am going to love it. His photos are incredible, the color, the feeling from the photo. It's just all beyond well done. :)"
22nd August, 2006
yorkers & hirosophy says:
"Moriza is the embodiment of creativity!!
York & Sophy"
3rd August, 2006
"1000 ideas at a time, 1000 works being done at a time, that's a good inkernet friend of mine called Moriza.
i don't know, but possibly he's a robot. must be.
over-talented artist, loving father and the most kind human being(?) i ever met, that's Moriza too.
and be jealous, people of earth, i have his work on my collection!"
3rd July, 2006
"Ever since I stumbled across Mo's pages I've been inpired by his example to photograph, draw, paint and live more! It's impossible to stop the creativity flowing out of him whether he's taking photos or working on his illustrations and paintings. He somehow even manages to create whilst sitting in a diner or chinese restaurant....and by the look of it, his son is going to be as talented as his father. Oh yeah....and he's a nice guy too that contributes massively to the Flickr community."
6th May, 2006
"An incredible artist, with film and ink. The first testimonial I have written.... because I think that Moriza is a worthy cause!"
4th February, 2006
"mo, mo.. one of my favourite funny friends in flickr, a great artist, but most of all, a loving father! which is what the world needs.. :D"
1st February, 2006
"moriza... i love people who "loves beauty, adores smart and worships kindness", inspiring the soul in every possible way. and mo is one of them... one of the nicest people i have NEVER met. hahaha! i truly appreciate this blossoming acquaintance, mo me mate."
28th January, 2006
"i heart moriza. he was the bestest boss a girl could ever ask for. he's warm and friendly and a great artist in so many ways. i highly recommend making moriza a part of your life!"
28th December, 2005
- Mo Riza
- March 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daydream + Create
- Modomatic. I Undo Ramdomly.