I'm a Kiwi, but have spent most of my life overseas. I'm a Christian. I love to travel. I work for an international charity which lets me go to some incredible places and meet awesome people. I like to explore. I love mountains and I love skiing. And the wild places of the world.
I've been playing around with photography for a few years now, mostly so I could share the places I travel to with friends and family left behind. Currently using a Canon EOS 5D, a Canon EOS 400D, and a Canon Powershot G9. I shoot RAW but try and return images as close to what I saw through the viewfinder as possible and keep excess processing to a minimum. Landscapes are my natural focus, but I love candid portraiture and travel photography, and would like to develop my photojournalism skills. I'm inspired by photographers like Ken Duncan and James Nachtwey (please view his inspiring talk as a TED prize recipient here). Comments, critique and feedback are always welcome.
I've reduced the amount of time I spend in the flickr community these days, but my own blog remains active and new posts, including photoshoots and photography tips will continue to go up, so please check it out. I also have a gallery here, where prints can be purchased.
My photos remain my own and all rights are reserved. Please contact me if you want to use any of my shots for commercial ventures. Due to the amount I invest in my photography and a moderate level of interest in my work, I do not generally allow my photos to be used without cost.
- Tasmania 8,219 photos, 1,095 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 400,792 photos, 17,705 members
- Life Thru A Lenz: Quality Critiques 21,087 photos, 2,862 members
- Western Australia 32,726 photos, 1,081 members
- Indonesia Images 70,199 photos, 4,230 members
- Best of Indonesia Photos 23,966 photos, 2,941 members
- It's (still) not about you! 29,812 photos, 3,928 members
- Himalayas 27,976 photos, 1,649 members
- Thailand Upcountry: Rural Thailand 9,184 photos, 971 members
- Thailand Images 164,037 photos, 9,474 members
- Thailand's Islands and Beaches 22,141 photos, 2,752 members
- Thailand Travel 57,859 photos, 1,875 members
- Cambodia Images 72,027 photos, 4,975 members
- Weird and Wonderful Wild Fish- NO aquarium shots please 15,677 photos, 908 members
- Natural Landscapes 17,402 photos, 3,388 members
- Lonely Planet Publications: Photobook 173,028 photos, 7,158 members
- This Is Why We Dive 45,490 photos, 1,864 members
- Underwater picture gallery 53,537 photos, 3,124 members
- Underwater Photos 105,098 photos, 7,623 members
- Digital Underwater Photography 56,710 photos, 3,075 members
- Young Travelers of the World Unite! 133,142 photos, 6,879 members
- New Guinea Images 2,998 photos, 233 members
- Papua New Guinea 2,691 photos, 176 members
- Island Photography 72,128 photos, 4,762 members
- Vanuatu 2,289 photos, 200 members
- South Pacific (The Happy Isles of Oceania...) 5,714 photos, 240 members
- Solomon Islands 1,772 photos, 95 members
- South Pacific Islands 8,179 photos, 437 members
- Melbourne Architecture 18,268 photos, 1,323 members
- CHURCHES & HOUSES OF WORSHIP 148,397 photos, 10,130 members
- Expeditions and Expedition Medicine 546 photos, 92 members
- National Geographic Faces of the World 34,999 photos, 2,402 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ High Quality~Queue -P1/C3 251,094 photos, 31,524 members
- California Desert 28,850 photos, 2,780 members
- The Beauty of California [Scenic Views] 14,917 photos, 1,667 members
- High Sierra 15,218 photos, 1,167 members
- Black and White Yosemite National Park 1,921 photos, 395 members
- yosemite 34,104 photos, 5,275 members
- Nepal Images 54,051 photos, 3,504 members
- Alpenglow 1,881 photos, 270 members
- Nepal: Yesterday and Today 4,171 photos, 179 members
- My Australia 140,464 photos, 3,446 members
- *GreatPixGallery 50 Faves+ 17,188 photos, 1,867 members
- We travel the World 679,397 photos, 35,327 members
- art of landscape 2,140 photos, 14,349 members
- A Double Fave (admins' choice) 912 photos, 2,855 members
- Death Valley 15,470 photos, 2,235 members
- Death Valley National Park 13,115 photos, 1,168 members
- worldwidewandering - a travel atlas 392,772 photos, 5,979 members
- Travel Photojournalism 45,689 photos, 8,671 members
Eyal Golshani says:
"More Altitude represent the beauty of what travel photography is all about, you wonderfully captured global moments in your stream. I look forward to traveling the world through your photos
20th September, 2007
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~ Mark Twain
Those could well be your words, MA.
Tris, even from halfway across the world, I have been inspired by your photos and life stories. You have brought us to places and showed us wonders with your photos. They have spoken so much of what this world is about--at least what I think and hope they are still about: Boldness. Passion. Pain. Beauty. Spirit. Truth. Love.
I appreciate you so much for choosing to use your God-given talent for good, and for sharing your view of the world to us all. Thank you."
10th July, 2007
"Je suis fan fan fan de tes photos !!! elles ont toutes quelque chose d'unique..."
7th December, 2006
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
More Altitude has both the heart and the eye -- his photographs are profound and artful. He keeps hope alive in the world and in his heart."
23rd February, 2006
- October 2005
- I am:
- Aid Worker