I am a street photographer based in Tokyo. I am also the owner of Urban X, a clothing line inspired by the graphic images of street photography. Please check out the website:
Thanks to everyone who takes the time to stop by my photostream and leave a comment or two. I sincerely appreciate your interest in my work.
Look me up if you're ever in Tokyo and we'll shoot some street!
© Copyright MdKiStLeR 2012 | All rights reserved.
Please do not use, copy or edit any of my photographs without my written permission. If you want to use any of my images, please contact me first.
Check out my clothing company's Facebook page:
Urban X Facebook
Or follow me on Twitter:
- A Low Key Affair 591 photos, 286 members
- Momentos para recordar ( TLTC ) 598 photos, 125 members
- Just about mirrors 1,047 photos, 107 members
- Theatre Of Life 52,874 photos, 1,469 members
- Frisson // Nostalgia 239 photos, 184 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - 26.000+ great pictures! 27,164 photos, 2,894 members
- Shoot the Street 147,642 photos, 3,230 members
- Soulful Black & White 103,270 photos, 3,961 members
- Your most interesting shots 1,630 photos, 164 members
- WEIRENAS B&W-FAVES ADMIN-INVITE ONLY 3,209 photos, 428 members
- Soul Snatchers 14,606 photos, 705 members
- Bad Man Award - Be yourself (P1 and A3) 8,035 photos, 500 members
- iPhone-Photography 136,381 photos, 3,374 members
- Decisive Moment 69,243 photos, 24,088 members
- StreetPhoto 698,080 photos, 18,817 members
- The Real Street Photography 560,603 photos, 14,783 members
- :::~BOKEH (ボケ) LAND~::: | houseofbokehblog.wordpress.com 87,834 photos, 3,837 members
- Streetlife 131,011 photos, 3,000 members
- MOST EXCELLENT in Black & White 105,989 photos, 4,663 members
- Cinematic Photography 143,161 photos, 6,693 members
- PhotoGrafArtè 27,429 photos, 957 members
- Umbrellas of Japan 336 photos, 137 members
- B&W Daily Life 30,579 photos, 760 members
- world in B&W 167,981 photos, 3,840 members
- Walk-By Shootings 164,081 photos, 3,733 members
- Movement & Motion 344,103 photos, 35,523 members
- fivestreets street photography 1,966 photos, 580 members
- Life in Black & White 608,765 photos, 21,649 members
- Black and White 5,728,719 photos, 278,633 members
- Comunidad Fotoguia.org 167,791 photos, 6,842 members
- The Urban Jungles 84,412 photos, 7,726 members
- Superosity 86,514 photos, 3,029 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 138,906 photos, 5,363 members
- Candid & Street Photography 930,378 photos, 24,637 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 375,586 photos, 13,259 members
- Urban Decay 369,652 photos, 30,218 members
- The japanese ruins 2,177 photos, 208 members
- Deserted or Abandoned Places 223 photos, 25 members
- The D-Photo 85,851 photos, 2,630 members
- Black & white - Poetic streetshots 67,388 photos, 1,787 members
- I Love Black and White! 1,050,055 photos, 47,009 members
- PHOTOGRAPHY IS A STATE OF MIND AND LIFE STYLE. 32,309 photos, 943 members
- ►DRAMA*- High Contrast Group (P1-A2) 69,337 photos, 2,616 members
- FlickrCentral 6,996,234 photos, 204,172 members
- I SHOOT PEOPLE 81,466 photos, 1,715 members
- (Street Photography) عکاسی خیابانی 23,647 photos, 666 members
- Scenes From The Street 148,723 photos, 4,340 members
- Urban - Photography 187,571 photos, 6,361 members
- In The Streets 73,099 photos, 1,637 members
- Deliberate Motion Blur: The Best of the Movers and Shakers! 24,164 photos, 2,742 members
MKER On The Moon says:
So many good things to say about him.
Very talented photographer, always catches the right detail, shoots at the right moment, get the right movement blur...
We've been flickr pals for quite a while now, and his evolution is amazing !
Keep up your excellent work"
16th May, 2012
Elana C. © says:
"This testimonial is being written from a biased point of view, as Michael is amongst my personal favorite contacts in flickr.. he's always kind, supportive and insightful.. all of which I'm grateful for.
Michael's also an inspiration to me.. I love his work (he knows that already).. he manages to express the hidden energies in the world around us.. and I marvel at the way he does this.
Michael is truly an artist.. and he expresses himself through his art, beautifully."
3rd April, 2012
"Mdkistler is great photographer. I like his point of view for street and movement. Mdkistler has a vision."
9th February, 2011
"Mdkistler has a genuine talent. It is obvious that he is gifted with a photographer's eye as he takes some of the most amazing shots around Japan which could so easily be missed by others. His work is so instantly recognisable, which is really rare to see, especially on Flickr.
On top of that he is an extremely nice person, and always has a positive comment to say. Also I am extremely jealous of him that he gets to live in Japan!"
12th January, 2011
"hello~, your pictures are great! nice to meet you :D"
9th August, 2010
- Michael Kistler
- November 2007
- Tokyo, Japan
- I am:
- Male and Taken