I am a self-taught photographer, I love the large sea/landscape I usually take my photos at dusk and dawn, pursuing a dramatic edge when the light is at its best, my photos are a personal interpretation of the subject, not pictorially accurate but to convey how I felt about the subject. Although drawn to sea and landscapes I will photograph anything occasionally doing motor sports, still life and when I can find a subject, knackered looking buildings.
I’m from Nottingham in the English midlands about as far from the coast as you can be in the UK – I'm constantly looking for dramatic locations, like the Derbyshire Peak District or the glorious Isle of Skye. I want my images to make the viewer draw breath as they take in the sweeping landscape or the crashing waves so I make the effort to go to the best places at the times when the light and conditions are optimal to get a dramatic scene.
There are so many great photographers, when you are competing, it can often be that extra edge that elevates your image into a ‘win-zone’ and I find the challenge of competition motivating pushing me to up my game and produce better photographs.
I have made great friends through my love of photography and a sharing a passion for dramatic locations with like-minded explorers like Ian Pinn/PinkyPinn and Scott Wilson/wilsonaxpe amongst others – check out their work - you won't be disappointed!
So much about our trips is about trying to nail those ‘winning’ images that will attain competition or exhibition standard but, more than anything, the shoots I share with these guys are great times, some of the very best and you can't ever really capture that sense of fun, adventure and comradeship in a photo.
My cameras are a Nikon D800 & a Sony NEX7, I always shoot in Raw and I use Lightroom, photoshop, onone & nik software for post processing, when I have completed a photo I print it out to display in exhibitions, use in competitions and put on my office walls, I love holding a large print.
So, that’s me, photographically speaking…. I hope you enjoy my work and experience even a fraction of the pleasure from my images that I get from shooting them. I’m inspired daily by the great work I see on Google+, Flickr and 500px and it just pushes me to want to get better and go further…. Here’s to the next great trip wherever that may be.
Prints of my work are available for purchase from my website www.chrisnewhamphotography.co.uk
- Cwm Idwal 314 photos, 49 members
- "Landscapes Shot In Portrait Format" 6,233 photos, 548 members
- On Landscape 3,405 photos, 396 members
- Shutter Imps 1,193 photos, 75 members
- Bulb Mode Gallery 1,753 photos, 299 members
- Beautiful Capture 2,441,869 photos, 82,418 members
- Blue Hour Group 10,133 photos, 1,651 members
- Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Photographers 3,871 photos, 93 members
- Flick2twit with Rowan Tree Gallery 6,473 photos, 196 members
- Nikon D 800 Landscapes 2,452 photos, 85 members
- N-Photo Mag 108,882 photos, 2,715 members
- HDR One Magazine 30,354 photos, 1,302 members
- ShutterStreet 2,379 photos, 420 members
- DAPA Group - Picture of the Year 2012 117 photos, 26 members
- DAPA GROUP 4,911 photos, 82 members
- THE NEX-7 GROUP 37,319 photos, 2,010 members
- Nikon D800 Users Group 181,840 photos, 10,015 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 2,348 photos, 1,737 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 27,939 photos, 3,257 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 80,741 photos, 7,842 members
- Isle of Skye 14,933 photos, 1,760 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 89,549 photos, 5,758 members
- Flickr Nottingham Exhibition - Connected 16 photos, 122 members
- Menorca: best photographers 187 photos, 43 members
- The Best of Sony Nex 26,718 photos, 1,905 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 91,243 photos, 4,942 members
- Rocks & Water 47,140 photos, 4,701 members
- The Lie of the Land (add one, comment one) 19,922 photos, 1,055 members
- towel day - tribute to Douglas Adams 1,244 photos, 1,070 members
- Sony UK 32,225 photos, 2,126 members
- nighthawks 268,014 photos, 18,595 members
- Inspirational Photography 148,089 photos, 8,549 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,144,599 photos, 23,969 members
- Cuba - todo a lo Cubano 70,056 photos, 3,863 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,515,438 photos, 67,857 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 357,790 photos, 12,876 members
- Whatever the weather 338,688 photos, 25,128 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 890,971 photos, 47,564 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 214,364 photos, 7,485 members
- Sky As A Canvas ~ ~ ~ 75,677 photos, 7,449 members
- National Trust 55,384 photos, 4,532 members
- FlickrCentral 6,666,391 photos, 196,705 members
- Sony α NEX 226,206 photos, 10,499 members
- British Photographers 198,795 photos, 3,163 members
- Landscapes 101 (Unlimited) 253,519 photos, 8,446 members
- Landscape photography 568,518 photos, 27,682 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 212,806 photos, 20,574 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,126,890 photos, 73,203 members
- *I Love the Ocean/Sea* (No People Shots, Ocean Only) 55,851 photos, 6,609 members
- "Amazing Landscapes UK" 5,138 photos, 123 members
milo42 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Chris Newham
- August 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Project Manager
- Chris Newham Photography