Born in Perth Scotland.
Served an engineering apprenticeship in a local firm manufacturing dry cleaning, dyeing and washing machines, moved on and spent the rest of my career (30 years) in the MOD Aircraft Defence Industry (Fixed and Rotary wing).Retired from the MOD in 2000, carried on doing various part time work (mainly driving) but finally decided to stop and devote more time on my hobbies (photography ) and travel.
Transport of all types has always been an interest to me as far back as I can remember. Steam railways are my greatest passion. I started serious loco spotting in the late 50’s until the sad decline of steam in Scotland in the mid 60’s.I was never really a great diesel fan but there was one class which stood out from the rest and that was the English-Electric ‘Deltic’, just the sheer size, power and noise from those two Napier engines was awesome. I follow the preserved railway scene intently and try to visit as many lines as possible. Aircraft (mainly military), all types of buses, lorries/trucks and cars are my next interests.
All photographs are taken by me, early black and white stuff on a Brownie 127, why do we always seem to lose the negatives for old photographs!
Digital photography I use a Pentax K100D Super plus a Sigma telephoto zoom lens 70-300 mm F/4-5.6 DG Macro, I have also recently purchased a handy pocket size Fujifilm AX 245W Finepix camera.
Please feel free to comment on any of the photographs and enjoy your browsing!!
N.B. ~ PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF MY IMAGES/PHOTOGRAPHS WITHOUT MY WRITTEN PERMISSION.
If you wish a copy of any of my images,please request them on my email address at ..........firstname.lastname@example.org
Today (22/03/2011) added a Panasonic DMC-TZ10 to my camera collection.
Today ( 20/09/2013) added a CANON EOS 600D.
Photos of scotrailm 63A (2)
- Pentax K50 18,398 photos, 615 members
- Waberers trucks 111 photos, 19 members
- Red is Best 251 photos, 78 members
- Budapest 74,011 photos, 4,208 members
- double deck coaches 7,255 photos, 169 members
- Your Best Shot 2016 28,392 photos, 40,867 members
- 1 Million Aircraft Photos 581,689 photos, 4,879 members
- Aviation Photography Group 545,761 photos, 2,997 members
- TRAMS TRAMS TRAMS 44,318 photos, 385 members
- freight trains in the uk 11,201 photos, 133 members
- We Love Taking Truck Photos 10,388 photos, 73 members
- Color and Colors 3,300,819 photos, 94,366 members
- Scania P Series 130 photos, 151 members
- SHIPS 2 1,596 photos, 105 members
- Flat Roof Cabs Europe 4,402 photos, 135 members
- LNER 14,745 photos, 334 members
- Portugal trucks 3,332 photos, 31 members
- VOLVO F86 - F7 - FL7 - FL10 530 photos, 101 members
- Scania S Series 141 photos, 236 members
- Trains of age 3,181 photos, 47 members
- Trucks from the Russian Commonwealth (CIS / СНГ / GUS) 1,913 photos, 110 members
- Running Solo 289 photos, 5 members
- BRIDGES 2 7,129 photos, 865 members
- British Steam 7,614 photos, 99 members
- eight wheel rigid (no tippers) 266 photos, 42 members
- Steam Trains of Europe 13,777 photos, 188 members
- L.M.S. Namers. 2,586 photos, 89 members
- Mid-Wales hauliers 809 photos, 111 members
- Aberdeenshire & Moray Trucks 2,354 photos, 18 members
- Road runs only 1,514 photos, 99 members
- Worldwide Railfanning (WRP Flickr) 34,656 photos, 363 members
- UK police vehicles 20,105 photos, 162 members
- Class 68 Locomotives 5,880 photos, 390 members
- Aircraft at Air Shows & Air Museums World-wide 136,240 photos, 2,087 members
- Absolute no limit: Aviation 152,766 photos, 739 members
- All Locomotives 85,461 photos, 417 members
- Colourful tram liveries. 12,427 photos, 129 members
- Scania R Series 3,151 photos, 210 members
- YELLOW on All Kinds of Transport 38,295 photos, 838 members
- The Lomas Distribution Group 1,212 photos, 77 members
- All about Iveco lorries! 1,844 photos, 126 members
- Virgin Trains East Coast 3,563 photos, 147 members
- Abellio Buses & Trains. 1,982 photos, 38 members
- Vauxhall 8,279 photos, 349 members
- Megabus of Europe 1,321 photos, 57 members
- 16 & 66 Plate Trucks 4,025 photos, 44 members
- Stagecoach buses in non standard livery 1,490 photos, 37 members
- IVECO EuroStar 172 photos, 84 members
- passenger ships of the world 4,595 photos, 73 members
- Flat Trailers 1,947 photos, 22 members
scotrailm 63A doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Mike Brocklebank
- May 2010
- Perth, Scotland U.K.
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Civil Servant