I'm a Christ-follower, wife, mother of 2 adult sons, mother-in-law, and grandmother to one grandson. Though I was always interested in photography, I didn't really begin until August 2006. I finally slowed down to do so due to a chronic illness. I was once a chiropractor, but am now doing photography and dabbling in genealogy.
I'm currently residing in Florida in a beautiful area full of wildlife, but just prior to the move, I began practicing pictures at the Los Angeles Zoo. This was difficult since they are set up to make most of the animals comfortable in the shade. I love open shade, but the zoo definitely had some lighting challenges, which challenged me to learn more and more. I so enjoyed getting to know the animals, and watching the love of the zoo's keepers for them. I was also able to work as the Volunteer periodical editor, which was great fun.
While in LA, I did Actor Headshots for up and coming actors to present to agencies and on auditions.
In Florida now, I've been able to capture quite a bit of wildlife in their natural settings. That has been fun and extremely challenging, too. As well, in Florida, I've dabbled in journalistic photography ... capturing especially my community.
Though I'm not the greatest photographer, I've been blessed to have had my work published in a number of places, as well as sold in different venues. Some of the places it has been published include the following venues and publications:
Barefoot Gallery in Cedar Key, Florida.
"Billy / Los Angeles Dez 2008." Elefanten-fotolexikon. 2012. Web.
"Cover." Hidden Coastlines Fall 2012: Cover. Print.
www.hiddencoastlines.com. Dolphin in boat wake image.
eBay images for various eBay sellers
A Georgia Elementary School Exhibit
Haven Hospices in Gainesville and Palatka, Florida
Land Gallery. Weathering and Erosion. 2011. Horseshoe Crab image. Utah Museum of Natural History, Salt Lake City, Utah.
"Little Mac / Santa Barbara / 2009." Elefanten-fotolexikon. 2012. Web.
“Little Mac / Sujatha / Santa Barbara 2009.” Elefanten-fotolexikon. 2012. Web.
Manatee photo. Natural History Museum of LA video slideshow about LA Nature.
Preuss, Simone. "Ten Recycled Ship Houses." Weblog post. 1-800-Recycling. N.p., 17 Jan. 2011. Web. Boathouse in Horseshoe Beach.
Streich, Jonathan. Fat Lighter: Our Southern Longleaf Heritage. Atlanta: Streich, Jonathan P., Tortoise image. 2012. Print.
Various. Cedar Key Beacon [Cedar Key, Florida] Various Ed. Print.
Various. Cedar Key News [Cedar Key, Florida] Various Ed. Print.
Various. Chiefland Citizen [Chiefland, FL] Various Ed. Print.
God created the heavens and the earth... and living creatures of every kind... And God saw that it was good. from Genesis 1
God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” ~Genesis 1:28
But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you;
And the birds of the air, and they will tell you; Job 12:7
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. ~Romans 1:18-23
***Please note: There are articles where my pictures are being used that have been written with views I don't necessarily agree. (Btw, if you wish to use my pictures, you must get my written permission to do so. All rights reserved.)
. . . Welcome to Art of Images (Join us! ♥Invite 1 AWARD on 2♥)
- FLORIDA ☼ "The Sunshine State!" ☼ NO PEOPLE as Main Subjec 78,417 photos, 2,811 members
- Marine Mammals 22,705 photos, 2,570 members
- Flipper 323 photos, 109 members
- Bottlenose Dolphins 597 photos, 84 members
- Dolphins * Whales * Sea Turtles♥ 803 photos, 182 members
- Cottonmouths (Water Moccasins) & Snakes Mistaken for Cottonmouth 426 photos, 96 members
- vultures 3,918 photos, 992 members
- Seaworld, Whales, Dolphins & Sea Lions 561 photos, 69 members
- Blue Horizons SeaWorld Show 55 photos, 12 members
- Nalani: Of The Heavens 1,139 photos, 64 members
- SeaWorld Orlando Adventure Park 4,317 photos, 344 members
- Shorebirds 13,717 photos, 912 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 25,398 photos, 564 members
- Trailr St(u|a)ff 9,109 photos, 964 members
- BUSCH GARDENS ~ Tampa Florida 3,614 photos, 278 members
- ♡ Impeccable 2,685 photos, 269 members
- Snow Leopard Trust - Supporter Photos 3,125 photos, 662 members
- Injured Pelicans 81 photos, 10 members
- Creative Face Portraits 19 photos, 31 members
- Grebes Only 367 photos, 62 members
- Black Skimmers 472 photos, 42 members
- Oleander & Plumeria 379 photos, 24 members
- Fish And Other Aquatic Animals 3,817 photos, 136 members
- Animals and Critters of the World 16,559 photos, 216 members
- Cemetery Wildlife 3,604 photos, 165 members
- Venture Into Retailing: Midwest Retail 932 photos, 25 members
- Archaeological Artefact Photography 346 photos, 113 members
- Native American Indian Ruins & Artifacts 6,835 photos, 1,069 members
- Pelicans all sorts 5,103 photos, 1,297 members
- Egrets and Herons 14,724 photos, 916 members
- Cranes, Herons and Egrets 17,024 photos, 1,658 members
- Sob a luz do pôr-do-sol / Sunset 146 photos, 20 members
- Sunsets and Silhouettes 68,654 photos, 7,489 members
- Manatees Galore 350 photos, 54 members
- Manatee 931 photos, 239 members
- Save the Manatee (unofficial) 362 photos, 61 members
- Pés & Feet & Pies & Piedi & Füße & Voeten & Hоги & Láb 34,760 photos, 4,047 members
- Why did the [bird] cross the road? 121 photos, 13 members
- Front Page Magazine Quality Photographs 876 photos, 45 members
- The Master Photographer/Top Class Images. 11,367 photos, 280 members
- The Best Wildlife Photography on Planet Earth. 10,207 photos, 263 members
- Flickr Global (Your Best Photographs). 57,255 photos, 1,372 members
- DOLPHINS 3,739 photos, 832 members
- Dolphins Wild and Free 9,113 photos, 1,760 members
- Collector Photo Magazine 90 photos, 3 members
- Western Lowland Gorilla 3,686 photos, 326 members
- grackles 425 photos, 126 members
- Audubon magazine 46,795 photos, 816 members
- Personal Favorites (Best of the Best) 148 photos, 39 members
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,812,171 photos, 239,734 members
"Micki's photos give beautiful insights to so many wonderful characters and I have honestly enjoyed looking at them so much. Her photos and descriptions of the interesting personalities have inspired me to get to LA Zoo if possible to try and photograph the lovely animals that you have introduced me to."
11th May, 2009
"Not only has Micki accumulated a great photostream, her knowledge of the L.A. Zoo denizens has rekindled my interest in animal photography. A walking encyclopedia on the zoo and it's residents, she not only knows the facts but doesn't hesitate to share her knowledge. It's truly appreciated."
9th February, 2009
- March 2007
- Cedar Key
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Amateur Photographer
- My Website