I don't care if I ever get famous, or how much money I make from photography. I will never ONLY upload my BEST images here. I don't do this for the money, and only a handful of photographers ever became household names. I use flickr as a dump to show display and just put up what I love doing, whether its a paid shoot, fully processed or just a quick snap of a plate of food. If you want the best go to my website.
my flickr will remain as scatterbrained as my head
- Sony α NEX 241,260 photos, 10,855 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 14,950 photos, 3,579 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 206,016 photos, 5,805 members
- I Hate Digital! 183,764 photos, 3,365 members
- Rangefinder Cameras 220,907 photos, 7,144 members
- Mamiya RZ, RB, 7, Universal Press (6x7cm format) 27,509 photos, 2,135 members
- Mamiya 7 and 7II 29,826 photos, 2,515 members
- Do It Yourself Color (Film ONLY) 43,571 photos, 2,257 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 14,707 photos, 1,631 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 54,071 photos, 5,437 members
- Japanese Car and Motorcycle Performance 37,386 photos, 3,116 members
- Nissan Skylines 8,607 photos, 1,348 members
- expired film 194,498 photos, 9,439 members
- All Alaska 11,087 photos, 575 members
- Anchorage, Alaska 9,304 photos, 593 members
- Hiking 88,549 photos, 4,736 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 828,682 photos, 28,397 members
- Booooooom.com! 277,481 photos, 16,683 members
- Travel Photography 2,200,056 photos, 85,760 members
- Cupcakes Take The Cake 106,443 photos, 8,832 members
- squareFormat 875,128 photos, 33,439 members
- 6x6. 223,188 photos, 6,324 members
- Fuji Velvia 53,587 photos, 7,801 members
- epson v500 27,934 photos, 1,055 members
- Texas State Parks 8,904 photos, 806 members
- Hasselblad Users Group 118,543 photos, 4,840 members
- Hasselblad 234,128 photos, 11,579 members
- Mamiya Love (FILM ONLY) 91,933 photos, 6,119 members
- Analog Photography 1,499,540 photos, 33,547 members
- Medium Format (film only) 689,235 photos, 27,363 members
- B Square 291,907 photos, 9,542 members
- I Shoot Film 2,147,766 photos, 87,742 members
- Mamiya C330 20,326 photos, 1,898 members
- Wish!ful Thinking Photography Contest 2010 91 photos, 51 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,291,684 photos, 53,251 members
- Unreal Portraits 38,569 photos, 3,286 members
- Dramatic Portraits - Post 1 Award 2 150,854 photos, 12,802 members
- Hip Hop Culture 43,580 photos, 5,218 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 610,148 photos, 47,567 members
- Concert Photography 185,874 photos, 34,587 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED 6,078 photos, 1,418 members
- Band Photography 418,996 photos, 19,567 members
- Engagement Shots 29,155 photos, 4,255 members
- Flickr Photographer Profiles Blog 138 photos, 1,951 members
- Ambitious Photographers 138,295 photos, 4,591 members
- The Best New Photographers Out There 960 photos, 55 members
- SkyscraperPage 4,935 photos, 388 members
- Band Promos 29,803 photos, 7,838 members
- Nikon D700 274,820 photos, 14,375 members
- Oak Cliff 1,400 photos, 168 members
hey it's misty says:
"what is there to say about Michael Spear Hawkins? he used to look like Jesus, but doesn't anymore, and he's biased to his Nikon gear, but that's okay because he uses it really, really well. but forreal, he takes really great photos and he actually knows what he's talking about, yet manages to remain one of the most genuine dudes I've met. GO LURK HIS PHOTOS! DO EEEET."
30th March, 2010
sara kiesling says:
"Michael Spear Hawkins is so freaking awesome at what he does that he honestly shouldn't even need testimonials from anyone."
5th March, 2010
"Michael Spear Hawkins... what can we say about this amazing man. His photography has definitely inspired mine, I won't even lie about that, haha. He's gotta be one of the most down and chill photogs that I've ever conversed with over the interwebz. If I could describe this astonishing man in two words... photos and personality alike, I would have to say "Dr. Pepper".
All I've gotta say is I'm roadtripping down to Texas this summer to learn from the master, no joke! You're a boss Michael, thanks for being such a great photographer and such a decent human being!
5th March, 2010
"MICHAEL SPEAR HAWKINS IS THE DEFINITION OF GREAT PHOTOGRAPHY.
No, really. He is. If you were to look up the definition of photography, you would see a photo of him and his camera right next to it. Even though he shoots Nikon *gag* jaykayz.
I found out about Michael and his work through my (ex)boyfriend who is in a band who is friends with a hiphop duo who is friends with Michael. Small world, eh? I was immediately blown away with his bright colors and fun subjects. He continues to improve with every shot that he takes and keeps me wanting for more. I've met him a few times when I still lived in Dallas and he's pretty crunk. Hang out with him, check out his work. You won't be disappointed."
28th February, 2010
10th July, 2009
"Michael SPEAR Hawkins is an anthropologist and is highly influenced by the good people of Sam's Club. Its funny to watch the way he talks to people. But photography wise he is clearly in love with using HDR 24/7/THREE SIX FIVE. Except n0t rlY. He puts his own original twist on everything he photographs and its generally pretty rad. He's really creative and has really helped me out/guided/taught me a whole lot photography wise in the past almost 2 years I've known him, although he's really jealous of my fingerpainting. He's made quite a name for himself but is still one of the most humble people I know, and he keeps it real.
P.S: He's not a douchebag and doesn't take people to bad restaurants."
2nd July, 2009
"I don't remember how I stumbled across his stream, but I was instantly blown away. It was so refreshing to see a fellow photographer who loved saturated colors, and brightly lit photos - none of this emo, sepia toned dark shtufff you see all over the place.
After that I pretty much made Michael Hawkins notice me. I became practically his biggest fan - always waiting for his new uploads so I could add it as a favorite, or leave a comment. I just couldn't help it! His work is so infectious! Then I finally got to know him a little better, and realized that I most definitely was his biggest fan!
He's creative, talented, professional, and so much fun. Keep an eye out for a Lemon/Hawkins colorful-collab in the future. :)"
14th May, 2009
"Michael Hawkins seriously rocks! From his crazy awesome colors to crazy awesome subjects and locations, he definitely seems to have this whole photography thing down quite nicely.
Oh yeah, I still have to meet you too MH!
17th November, 2008
"If you're a fan of bright colors in photos [as long as you don't expect them to be coming from American Apparel hoodies or anything from Urban Outfitters, because those places just are NOT cool, at all,] you've found the right guy. But for real, dude makes Texas [and Texans, naturally,] look good. He really likes to shoot people [and does a good job at it,] and the darker the skin, the better... all jokes aside, though, his photostream is full of some genuinely awesome photos."
7th October, 2008
"This guy eats, poops, and breathes photography. His sense of lighting and composition are incredible and his images are dripping with in-your-face attitude. Check out his stream... if you dare!"
21st June, 2008
The Higgs Boson says:
"Michael Spear Hawkins straight up attacked my mind with his knowledge on lighting and photography. His phenomenal understanding of on-location lighting in its interdependence with photography left me physically bruised and virtually rendered me mentally handicapped, as I almost required a notebook to retain his library of information. Undoubtedly talented Michael Hawkins is an amazing photographer and willing to teach almost anyone. Do not confuse Michael as a nonperson; he is quite professed as his work does display."
9th June, 2008
"Anyone considering hiring Michael for a shoot shouldn't hesitate. This is a guy who knows his stuff, simple as that. He's a down to earth, friendly dude who will talk photography as long as you want. In the first few minutes of meeting him, he may come off as cocky, but you'll quickly learn this is his confidence in his work coming through. Michael is nothing short of a professional in the making and a real nice guy to boot."
19th May, 2008
brian Braun says:
""the Hawk" as he is known on the streets of Dallas is definitely somebody to watch in the industry. Rarely have I have seen somebody with the drive and passion that he has for Photography. Plus he is a pretty cool guy. I look forward to see what he brings in the near future."
15th April, 2008
john h photography says:
"Michael is not only one of the great photographers here in DFW, but I'm sure one day he will be a photographer that I suspect will be one of the top photographers in this business. There are a lot of positives that I could go on and on about, but his willingness to help others out, set him apart. When I started in photography many photographers would not give me the time of day, not Michael he has always been happy to help and go on shoots with me to help me with lighting.
Michael has always made me comfortable asking dumb questions and I owe a lot to him and I too hope to be at the top of my class along side Michael and a lot of that is a direct reflection of his kindness. I just hope he is able to get a D3 soon so he can keep up with me."
11th April, 2008
Rian Flynn says:
"There's a new sheriff in town and its Michael. haha Michael is great with lighting and is sure to dominate Dallas with his creativity and skill! + he isn't a douche bag! :)"
30th January, 2008
- michael hawkins
- February 2007
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Luganville, Santo Island, Vanuatu
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Peace Corps Volunteer
- toiletsforsale [at] yahoo.com
- AIM (AOL IM):