Former journalist pursuing his passion for photography.
Working with up-and-coming models and actors in New York City that are building their portfolios.
Always open to constructive criticism in order to learn more about photography.
- Amazing iPhoneography 292,649 photos, 15,828 members
- EYES °° GUYS - faces of men 3,293 photos, 490 members
- Men...every one different. 56,587 photos, 5,387 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 45,810 photos, 2,625 members
- NIKON D7000 CAFE 332,571 photos, 11,594 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 478,654 photos, 23,804 members
- TogChat 1,899 photos, 328 members
- SaberStrip Lighting 541 photos, 330 members
- Rocky Mountain School of Photography 844 photos, 195 members
- Nikon D300 Users 530,640 photos, 17,025 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 720,708 photos, 23,912 members
- Nikon D300 HDR 28,662 photos, 1,718 members
- Hipstamatic 292,531 photos, 16,649 members
- iPhone 4 Wallpapers 640x960 639 photos, 136 members
- iPhone 4 Photography 92,544 photos, 3,023 members
- Hipstamatic Pistil Film 3,336 photos, 271 members
- SLICK PORTRAITS 2,855 photos, 322 members
- Spectacular Elite (People Portraits) 14,800 photos, 1,781 members
- -The Cafe- 622,979 photos, 23,355 members
- NOH8 Campaign 16,403 photos, 1,430 members
- Flickrista 55,028 photos, 2,865 members
- FACE ON flickr (men & women) 8,909 photos, 825 members
- Night Street Photography 23,166 photos, 2,447 members
- Male Models! 18,822 photos, 1,665 members
- Panorama Maker 2,314 photos, 617 members
- BMP * Best Men on Photos 11,697 photos, 1,975 members
- iPhone Photography 158,307 photos, 3,732 members
- Classy Portraits 19,534 photos, 2,868 members
- HDR from a single RAW 65,857 photos, 9,242 members
- My First HDR - beginners group 149,832 photos, 29,072 members
- Abercrombie and Fitch 4,018 photos, 1,297 members
- Male Photographic Business 775 photos, 133 members
- Guy Faces 7,123 photos, 1,092 members
- Faces and faces - H.I.G.H.Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y. 176,791 photos, 10,907 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 319,561 photos, 20,737 members
- Actors Headshot photography! 3,732 photos, 699 members
- MALE MODELS (Editorials) 5,281 photos, 707 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 217,381 photos, 20,513 members
- Elegant 781 photos, 887 members
- GUYS in jeans 2,459 photos, 1,304 members
- New York Nightscapes 101 photos, 13 members
- Adobe Lightroom 22,434 photos, 22,174 members
- Photomerge 2,942 photos, 384 members
- NYC Photobloggers 81,328 photos, 1,866 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,667 photos, 6,721 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only) 46,934 photos, 20,291 members
- Great Wall Of Faces 2,985 photos, 1,173 members
- Portraiture Photography 946,086 photos, 40,522 members
- Draganizer 1,318 photos, 959 members
- PORTRAITS - A Gallery for your Best Portraiture 467,462 photos, 21,356 members
"Wow, i've never seen before so many great photos. Thanx!"
5th October, 2008
"Michael's photographs inspire. His photos seem more like fine paintings: technically beautiful, nicely detailed, but more important, they are soulful."
19th September, 2010
your stream is amazing.
would you ever photograph women and b&w's?"
3rd March, 2011
Armagan Orki says:
"Dear Michael; I love your model photos... Really, your models are very lucky because they have a great photographer who are you... :)
One day, I hope I want to watch you, when you work...
17th August, 2008
""one of the best
a great artist with amazing ideas , I like the way he challenge himself to get the best shots and show us a great work of art
keep up the good work""
17th April, 2008
"Mi querido Michael, me pongo de pie y me quito el sombrero por este sensacional, bello, elegante y muy buen trabajo que nos presentas, felicidades, se aprende mucho de tu trabajo.
Un abrazo desde México."
31st March, 2008
Foto-X™ (censored now) says:
"Michael's photo sets have a rare characteristic: they can be viewed again and again without losing their freshness and allure. There always seem to be new details to delight one's eyes and imagination, and I've visited no other site whose galleries achieve this as frequently. The prettiness of the boys and the technical quality of the photography aren't sufficient explanations since there are cute boys everywhere and, no doubt, a good photographer a-plenty ready to take on this kind of work. Rather, it's a melding of artistic skill (composition, choice of locale, color, props, etc.), imagination, and remarkable derring-do in producing photo sets of striking originality and beauty. Even among the pure studio sessions (featureless backdrop, one boy, one prop), Michael's set holds all these qualities."
12th March, 2008
Mike Slichenmyer says:
"Michael's become an amazing portrait photographer, with tons of creativity and talent. I eagerly anticipate each new subject/ upload, and always admire how he's progressed and obviously become much more confident behind the camera."
9th January, 2008
Ad Altiora Natus says:
"I have so much respect for your work. They way you use our city as a backdrop is so encouraging. Keep making this art!"
19th December, 2007
"Michaelnyc is one of my favorite flickr photographers. Technically he is top notch - use of light, clarity of photos, angles used, composition, and so forth. The subjects of his photos are most interesting and photographable - they aren't the cookie-cutter models that start to look the same after a while. Even Michaelnyc's backgrounds are exceptional - nyc backstreets and Central Park are two examplesof his nyc backdrops that complement the models. Michaelnyc must have a very good rapport with his models as he brings out something special in each one of them."
20th October, 2007
"In my opinion he is one of the best portrait photographers.
An example of Photography becoming ART."
8th October, 2007
"You are VERY good! Love your pics! Keep up the GREAT work!"
22nd August, 2007
- January 2007
- Pratt, KS
- New York, NY, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / Journalist
- Michael Huitt Photography