Photos of michael cinque (5)
- 500x500 270,972 photos, 7,197 members
- Neglected: Photos we like that flickrites don't get 2,147 photos, 291 members
- NPR Picture Show 119,119 photos, 5,745 members
- Smell the streets(STS) 826 photos, 812 members
- Unusual Young Submissions 151,789 photos, 8,816 members
- illex 2,029 photos, 421 members
- Figurations de l'absence 234 photos, 186 members
- Keep Santa Cruz Weird 264 photos, 32 members
- Fraction Magazine 30,093 photos, 2,624 members
- This is America 126,522 photos, 2,769 members
- The Level Gaze 282 photos, 32 members
- American Elegy 16,983 photos, 447 members
- AUBADE Magazine (currently unedited-I'm spending 2012 writing) 11,502 photos, 302 members
- Boy With Grenade 128 photos, 49 members
- Statue of Liberty National Monument 2,267 photos, 617 members
- Truth Magazine 22 photos, 215 members
- Indoor 'Street' Shooting 1,933 photos, 304 members
- InOrbit New York 198 photos, 379 members
- The Spiritual Landscape 429 photos, 82 members
- Booooooom.com! 241,097 photos, 15,945 members
- SHOW ME PICTURES 4,224 photos, 763 members
- the wanderers 17,791 photos, 363 members
- Two For the Road 688 photos, 1,458 members
- Film Portraits 37,425 photos, 1,894 members
- 6x6 magic 293,989 photos, 9,040 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,343,167 photos, 32,941 members
- I Shoot Film 2,030,400 photos, 81,240 members
- Verve Coffee Roasters 83 photos, 15 members
- Humanistic 7,880 photos, 1,961 members
- NYC Street Photography 73,260 photos, 3,536 members
- Lyric Documentary 7,037 photos, 638 members
- Intuitive Portraits 3,380 photos, 240 members
- Saturated Streets 4,631 photos, 346 members
- mediumformat film portraits (only your best) 19,676 photos, 1,454 members
- Manhattan Street photography 43,998 photos, 1,669 members
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art 19,322 photos, 2,344 members
- Suburbia 14,737 photos, 1,309 members
- Verities and Balderdash 175 photos, 90 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,474 photos, 1,101 members
- Downtown Santa Cruz 648 photos, 44 members
- New York City Emulsions 12,923 photos, 519 members
- suburbanality - showing up those gritty urban photographers 13,294 photos, 1,214 members
- Auto-Anthropology 19,748 photos, 1,658 members
- Arnold Garbage 612 photos, 120 members
- WNYC's Street Shots | Your NYC Photography 44,289 photos, 1,856 members
- Vanishing New York 2,416 photos, 394 members
- New York: Landmarks - the best of NY 59,006 photos, 4,921 members
- Rockland County, NY 1,027 photos, 64 members
- Hudson Valley group 13,479 photos, 409 members
- Hudson Valley Photogs 11,724 photos, 386 members
"Hey Michael, after discovering your work a few years ago, I knew I had stumbled across another person with whom I could identify. Your work from the 80's & 90's in the NYC area is such an amazing treasure trove of images of ordinary people that captures perfectly what was a visual bridge between the nostalgic past and the present day.
To have created this profound body of work while still in college is astonishing for it is a fully realized artistic vision that displays a depth of maturity, surely beyond the years of the young man who created it. These are photos I wish I had taken.
Your new work continues to surprise and inspire, while appreciably different on a visual level, it exhibits a level of sophistication that only someone with great sensitivity and insight can be attuned to.
I consider myself lucky to have met you briefly last year and to have had a few hours to look at "The Americans" by Robert Frank, and amble about Central Park.
I do hope that the Total Strangers and NYC sets are soon to become a book."
25th November, 2010
"Michael is one of the considered photographers i have ever come across, deeply heartfelt portraits of soulful humanity which is a extremely difficult thing to achieve.
Edgy direct street photography of the highest order in the style of William Klein. He conjures up modern urban America to life, the sun-baked heat of the concrete, busy shoppers and the lengthening shadows of the sun, he brings a painterly eye to every image."
2nd May, 2009
"Michael's work, and Michael himself, is an inspiration. You can tell from his photographs how resolutely he has chosen the path of photography, developing and progressing over time, and that, for me, is a great thing: there is heart and purpose and vision in the work he produces. I visit his 'stream frequently.
And on top of one of the best 'streams on Flickr, there is also zuperquirk.org - essential viewing."
30th September, 2008
"Deconstructing Mr. Michael in two words: KICK ASS!!!
I truly appreciate having the opportunity of experiencing fragments of the world through your eyes."
14th March, 2008
pa gillet says:
"Michael is The Shadow Maker.
As soon as he goes away after shooting,
all the shadows fly away and live their life, on their own."
30th March, 2007
Rainer Jacob says:
"This work is masterly. Black and Black at its best. It evokes Jazz music and it is like abstract paintings, good graphic design. It illustrates a big city that is showing off with big architectural monuments that cause light situations, reflections, hard contrasts you find only in the canyons of NYC. It is industrial and American and people photography. It has timelessness and is poetic. Surreal and realistic at the same time. I like the deep saturated tones the vastness of space. One should open a good bottle of wine and approach his work like haute cuisine. I do enjoy these pictures this way."
2nd March, 2007
"Michael's love of photography, literally "writing with light," shadows and sometimes color is evident throughout his photostream (as well as in his comments on others' photographs). With images that span over 20 years, his scanned & digitized photos also make clear he hasn't just picked this hobby up recently to post on flickr, but it's been an ongoing investigation of the world surrounding wherever he's found himself. Spend some time here in Michael's world, and you'll discover many gems, in both saturated chromes and shimmering tones..."
3rd August, 2006
- Michael Cinque
- March 2006
- New York City
- Santa Cruz, CA.
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Michael Cinque Photography