Self taught photographer seeking and finding inspiration through the many amazing images on flickr. I consider flickr a source of creativity, a forum for sharing ideas, a place to meet common sorts with common interests, and a venue to experience the global village.
Canon PowerShot A80
Canon Rebel XTi
- Canon 50mm/f1.8
- Tokina 11-16mm f2/8 wide
- Tamron SP 28-75 f2.8
Canon T50 (film)
Canon PowerShot S95
- Rusty Cars 30,990 photos, 3,471 members
- Barack Obama Photos 15,540 photos, 3,323 members
- Flickr's Biggest Group 191,745 photos, 10,907 members
- Rain painting 755 photos, 243 members
- Water on Glass Photography 143 photos, 136 members
- Rain on windsheild 372 photos, 154 members
- Water drops on windows 1,813 photos, 891 members
- Through the car window 301 photos, 116 members
- Autumn in the Graveyard 6,293 photos, 602 members
- Then / Now 1,134 photos, 70 members
- Dear Photograph 188 photos, 141 members
- Looking Into the Past 2,190 photos, 4,158 members
- TRAM TRAMWAY TROLLEY by AP 13,823 photos, 207 members
- bench / Bank 12,998 photos, 3,564 members
- Benches of the World 9,325 photos, 1,123 members
- Bench Life (no EMPTY benches please!) 2,873 photos, 672 members
- Flickr Coffee Cups [No People Please] 1,889 photos, 334 members
- Faceless Portrait 369 photos, 59 members
- I Crush Your Head 1,566 photos, 5,454 members
- TORONTO GRLA 9,568 photos, 953 members
- Sketch & Painting (Join Challenge # 4) 6,148 photos, 693 members
- Tramways-Trams-Trolleys-Tranvias-Electricos-Strassenbahn-Métros 41,936 photos, 585 members
- Spacing 22 _ The FOOD issue 257 photos, 39 members
- Guitar Love 7,669 photos, 1,353 members
- RARE & ENDANGERED DOG BREEDS 3,955 photos, 749 members
- Vancouver 154,271 photos, 6,973 members
- That's Not Garbage! 78 photos, 26 members
- O mundo em preto e branco - The world in black and white 46,965 photos, 1,753 members
- RED photos only 21,266 photos, 2,543 members
- Toronto Standard Photo Pool 452 photos, 18 members
- Doors Open Toronto Photo Group 1,000 photos, 445 members
- B&W FLICKR - P&B FLICKR 53,361 photos, 4,442 members
- suburbex 109 photos, 68 members
- Arts & Oil Painting 3,232 photos, 328 members
- Oil Paint 5,440 photos, 612 members
- Oil Painting 32,016 photos, 3,226 members
- Empty Seats 41,619 photos, 9,489 members
- OpenFile Toronto 4,585 photos, 132 members
- Frozen Finger Photographers 2,252 photos, 150 members
- Photofunia 145 photos, 126 members
- Model Effect 2,118 photos, 479 members
- Signs on Signposts 58 photos, 9 members
- CARTIFACTS 24,120 photos, 723 members
- Photography Exhibitions & Festivals 148 photos, 98 members
- PLANET EARTH REFLECTIONS 11,320 photos, 1,116 members
- URBAN SHOTS - IN THE MOOD OF SHORE & EGGLESTON 10,494 photos, 374 members
- GTA and Northern Ontario Photography 2,990 photos, 212 members
- ZYD Radio NUNES 8,920 photos, 229 members
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (PSE) 97,265 photos, 8,386 members
- Utata 399,342 photos, 21,813 members
William Self says:
"Mike has a solid understanding of the most important element of photography - composition. With this, he has assembled an outstanding collection of work using the simplest of tools! It is a pleasure to be sharing an exhibit venue with such a talented and personable fella such as yourself!"
1st February, 2009
"Micgormit's photostream -- not to mention the man himself -- has served as a reliable source of joy and inspiration. If you take a few minutes to look through his work, it's easy to understand why. He takes subjects that most people either take for granted or photograph merely to pass the time .... and unfailingly brings something fresh and vibrant to them. Weather it's his ever-so-photogenic dog Dudley, a tree, a fallen leaf, a beach, random objects in the snow, Micgormit's photos demonstrate a photographer driven by the need to emphasize easily overlooked nuances and bring forth the graceful and ephemeral in the ordinary and oft-viewed. His color shots are rich and vibrant and his black and white are glorious celebrations of greyscale.
What's more, he's a kind, warm, and witty soul with a heart as big as sis homeland, and his encouraging words always inspire me to do my best. Thank you micgormit, not only for the joy you've given me but for the joy you've given to so many others in the flickr community!"
12th May, 2008
"I happened upon micgormit's stream from a former flickr friend and have followed this man's work (and Dudley ;) ever since. He has a great eye for composition and color! The bonus is his sense of humor :D And though I only know him though flickr.......I consider him a true gentleman and am so fortunate to have him as one of my favorite flickr friends ;) x"
18th September, 2007
woodrow walden says:
"Everytime I view your body of work I am more and more impressed. You seem to be able to find the ordinary and make it extraordinary, certianly a skill that very few have.
Keep up the amazing work."
19th June, 2007
"Every visit is a surprise. Many lessons I’ve learned from his work, as nowadays simplicity is difficult to find when the world is becoming more and more sophisticated, how sensitiveness can be expressed without being old-fashioned, how distant feelings like patriotism can be brought to discussion again with being fascist, how nude can be expressed without being cheap, how a short stroll around neighborhood can turn into a long adventure, how intelligent comments can be made with simple words when they are true. This is Mike and these features among others made me prisoner to a delightful habit of visiting him whenever I sign in and wanting more."
13th November, 2006
Michael's Way says:
"In this day and age of mediocrity & staid cookiecutter formulatic imagery, it is with great difficulty that one finds original concepts via the medium called "Photography." Fortunatly, there is a solution.....and the cure for such mudane same-same oh-isn't-that-cute blandness is called: MICGORMIT.
Mic is an artist with unparalleled vision.....a Man of the World who sees the minute details of life that remains hidden to the masses as we go about our societial 9 to 5 blend-in consumer-driven existence.
His images are both enlightening & illuminating.....and he challenges each and everyone of us to see the World from a prespective that only great artists share.
Micgormit's awesome talent is coupled with unpretentious modesty.....and while it is unknown as to whether or not he is in the habit of wearing a White Hat, it can be said that without doubt he IS one helluva Good Guy.
You desire an antidote to boredom and bland photo-imagery???.....then come to know the genius that is Micgormit.
22nd March, 2006
"I always look forward to seeing your new uploads! Your photos have always made me think about how I can take better photos. GOOD JOB! Love your photos."
12th March, 2006
"Micgormitt's studies of Toronto neighbourhoods look beyond the surface and give me a whole new perspective of the wonderful city I have lived in for 18 years. He has discovered some truly remarkable vistas - places I walk by everyday, and until now, had failed to spot the beauty in the little details just off the main path.
Excellent work from a very nice guy."
29th December, 2005
- Michael Mitchener
- November 2005
- Toronto, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Michael G. Mitchener, Photographer
- micgormit [at] yahoo.com