Japanese citizen of British descent living in southern Tokyo. Not a professional photographer by any means, but would like to generally improve the quality of the pictures I take so all constructive criticism is welcomed.
Canon EOS 5D Mark ii
580 EX ii Speedlite
Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2
EF 15mm f/2.8 fisheye
EF 28mm f/1.8 USM
EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
EF 135mm f/2.8 (with Softfocus)
EF 24-105mm f/4L USM
EF 135mm f/2L USM
TS-E 45mm f/2.8 Tilt-Shift
Use of Images
Except where marked otherwise, all images are published under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial licence. This means you may freely link to, modify, print, distribute or publish images without additional permission, providing the following conditions are met:
1) Each image be clearly attributed to the copyright holder (see below).
2) Each image published online (except as a PDF/scanned version of a printed publication) provide a direct link back to either the page the image was originally hosted on, or to this profile page.
3) Use of the image be non-commercial in nature (see below).
For commercial use, a non-exclusive licensing fee of ¥40,000 JPY per image per instance will be charged, but I will happily negotiate a much lower rate if you contact me first. Commercial usage includes free papers that are funded by advertising and websites supporting banner ads. Images are provided "as is", and model releases cannot be provided in most circumstances. It is the sole responsibility of the publisher to ensure that images published are not in violation of any applicable laws.
Note that the use of images on personal websites that contain non-intrusive advertising (such as text based Google Ads) or provider enforced advertising that brings no revenue to the user will generally be exempt from licensing fees providing the website predominantly hosts the user's original editorial or other artistic content, and that conditions (1) and (2) stipulated above are met. If in doubt, please ask.
Images should be attributed to either "Coal Miki", "Kaoru Miki" or "神酒 九龍". In the case of modified images, including by cropping, colour adjustments etc., the attribution should be prefixed by the wording "Image source" or appropriate localised variation thereof.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR UK RESIDENTS
As of March 16th, 2010, my images may not be used in the United Kingdom without my direct permission under any circumstances until further notice. Here's why.
- Kodak T-Max 400 3,606 photos, 475 members
- Canon EOS M & M2 Series - Mirrorless 12,367 photos, 1,472 members
- Casio Exilim EX-FC100 375 photos, 78 members
- Boing Boing 81,561 photos, 4,705 members
- WA: the taste of traditional Japan 13,876 photos, 716 members
- Men's Kimono 583 photos, 103 members
- Sweet Dogs 9,881 photos, 901 members
- Japanorama.co.uk 17,541 photos, 517 members
- JAPAN [directory] 日本 636,146 photos, 14,837 members
- Photofocus 59,229 photos, 7,252 members
- osechi 65 photos, 20 members
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM 40,446 photos, 4,269 members
- Butoh 808 photos, 186 members
- Prime Shots 3,450 photos, 172 members
- Left Eyed Photographers 91 photos, 11 members
- Strobist.com 582,520 photos, 116,239 members
- Flickr Tokyo Photo Session 2,393 photos, 616 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series Users in Japan 5,965 photos, 196 members
- Japan - premier collection 177 photos, 29 members
- Pinkberry Groupies 77 photos, 80 members
- Do you want to play with me? 19 photos, 216 members
- Tokyo Cameras 4,181 photos, 172 members
- Tokyo Lighting 255 photos, 51 members
- Tilt Shift 26,308 photos, 4,093 members
- Timescapes: DSLR Timelapse 1,689 photos, 590 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,938 members
- *****City Night Lights***** - - Luces de la ciudad nocturna - - 53,755 photos, 5,556 members
- Building Visual Literacy 436 photos, 136 members
- Drunk in Japan 90 photos, 39 members
- Flickr Can Has Cheezburger 3,171 photos, 2,036 members
- lolcats, cat macros 1,490 photos, 776 members
- Bad translations -- mauvaises traductions -- brutte traduzioni 4,478 photos, 772 members
- Canon EF 50mm f1.4 16,436 photos, 1,202 members
- Canon Ugly Duckling EF Lenses 1,664 photos, 220 members
- Creative Commons (pls read the rules) 54,293 photos, 2,380 members
- Cult of Mac 26,797 photos, 5,438 members
- Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM 18,608 photos, 2,202 members
- Canon EF & EF-S: Official Tag Required 55,746 photos, 2,662 members
- Light and Color 17,588 photos, 663 members
- salaryman vs. obasan 178 photos, 96 members
- Prints of Darkness 20,392 photos, 6,893 members
- Canon EF-100mm f/2.8 Macro USM 28,999 photos, 1,925 members
- Canon EF 100 f/2.8 USM Macro Group 20,927 photos, 1,703 members
- Halloween in Japan 2010 466 photos, 114 members
- Festival! 68,826 photos, 4,143 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 593,226 photos, 23,330 members
- Asian Female Self Portraits 7,700 photos, 1,407 members
- Tokyo Street Photography 42,539 photos, 1,055 members
- Awa Odori / 阿波踊り 404 photos, 68 members
- Lifestyle / 生活 239,474 photos, 4,674 members
"roses are red,
violets are blue,
coal is a great photographer,
and it's not because of his mark ll :o)"
24th December, 2008
"Coal or Miki San as he's known in some circles,
is one of my favourite photographers on flickr.(I don't comment near enough because ..well. I'm a lazy bugger) but I regularly keep up to date with his work.
His unique perspective on Japanese people and culture are simply wonderful, as are the unique treatments he applies to his digital photography.
A real gentleman who is always willing to help with camera related matters when he has time. And more than willing to down a few Ales even when he doesn't ;-P
His unique style combined with his dry British wit make his photostream an entertaining, daily must see.
7th September, 2008
- December 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Libation Kowloon