MegElizabeth_'s photostream Pro User
i love light, scrabble, coffee, cuba, books, music, poems, languages, springtime, and photographs. i love lots of other things, too.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DO NOT use my work without asking my permission first. If you do, I will probably hate you and take action. None of us want that, so DO NOT USE MY WORK. If you do happen to break this rule, that would be considered STEALING. Understand? Good.
- Female Self-Portrait Artists' Support Group (FSPASG) 4,733 photos, 285 members
- FSPASG ADMINS 0 photos, 31 members
- haunted by waters 1,279 photos, 278 members
- SLIDELUCK POTSHOW Paris 2 photos, 270 members
- Fuji Instax 200 Wide 7,961 photos, 1,936 members
- Felicia.Renee Presets & Other goodies 15 photos, 168 members
- MIL Y UNA OVEJAS 360 photos, 172 members
- if you leave 4,035 photos, 1,495 members
- WANE Magazine 898 photos, 1,174 members
- .film.forever. 239,361 photos, 5,787 members
- RAW Magazine Group 34,458 photos, 1,986 members
- Mr. Moog's 52 Weeks Emporium 1,377 photos, 424 members
- Halves 247 photos, 17 members
- Inauguration 2009 13,257 photos, 2,866 members
- It rolls in from the sea. 168 photos, 26 members
- 'Roid Week 2008 2,855 photos, 859 members
- GFY 272 photos, 225 members
- ~FM~ 7 photos, 130 members
- whimsical bullshit 3,676 photos, 306 members
- disposable 26,317 photos, 2,857 members
- Modern Portraits (and Self-Portraits) 24,429 photos, 1,851 members
- SOOC Fridays 1,507 photos, 408 members
- Duets 227 photos, 269 members
- live: be more than just alive. 2,451 photos, 291 members
- Blartsy 2,121 photos, 263 members
- Acción Poética 894 photos, 419 members
- Kitteh! 488 photos, 83 members
- Scrunched Up Face 281 photos, 177 members
- Diptych Sunday 758 photos, 372 members
- fiddy whores 31,813 photos, 1,295 members
- I Shoot Film 2,030,801 photos, 81,120 members
- Holgagraphy 162,329 photos, 14,120 members
- Holga 249,927 photos, 19,407 members
- yellow bird project 52 photos, 244 members
- NOW CLOSED! Project: Self (Female Self Portraits) 1,177 photos, 59 members
- Polaroid Passion 14,449 photos, 837 members
- Moderate Images are not 18 + Images. 0 photos, 431 members
- 120 427,152 photos, 13,358 members
- 50 selected 764 photos, 491 members
- The FSPASG Wandering Wig 22 photos, 23 members
- Creative self-portraits. 213,482 photos, 18,559 members
- The Record - Album Artwork (Images Must Be Square) 990 photos, 167 members
- ¡Bokeh! 74,759 photos, 3,670 members
- Napkin blog 21 photos, 242 members
- i hate winter 3,314 photos, 248 members
- Threadless 5,283 photos, 1,659 members
- GHETTO LIGHTING 4,335 photos, 663 members
- Quote Whores 5,567 photos, 413 members
- Kahlo-inspired 583 photos, 162 members
- 80's style Double Exposure portraits 48 photos, 154 members
Elly Uiterwijk says:
"her portraits are amazing! she is very creative and talented!"
4th October, 2009
"without question one of the more honest faces on flickr...not to mention one of its most talented picture-takers. she captures herself just as i hope to capture others. beautiful, beautiful, work."
14th September, 2009
Anthony J. Martinez says:
"Meg is the reason "add to faves" should be an option for users as well as photos. I would have clicked it by her name many moons ago if I could have. If I can, someone needs to show me how. Such a talent, and such a beauty. Win++"
11th March, 2009
flightless bird says:
"Meg is magic and inspiration. I can never get enough"
18th November, 2008
"I am constantly in awe of Megan.
Not only is she unbelievably beautiful, but she posesses immense skill and talent with photography.
Her photos have the perfect lighting, spot-on composition colors that vary from rainbow to black and white, and most of all- personality.
Her self portraits for one, are dazzling in their varation and consistent beauty.
Her photos whether taken on a disposable or a DSLR make me smile and make me want to be there.
She is a lovely soul who also shares my love of light, scrabble, literature, music, poetry, language, and photography."
22nd October, 2008
Anthony Citrano says:
"At first I added Meg just because she was hot. But what a treat I was in for! I've been so impressed with her images - her soul and mind shine through them in a way that never leaves the observer untouched. Rock on, Meg."
28th May, 2008
"meg meg meg meg and meg. and even if there WERE five of her, they would never equal the goodness of just the one of her that there is! i have always been sad by the fact that my mom had a miscarriage after i was born and that i never got to have a little brother or sister. if i was to have one, and could somehow pick: this is her. i am as serious as angina about that. not sure if she found me or i found her or if mariah found me and i found meg through her or if mariah found me and told meg to find me or if we found each other or if i found the lucky decoder ring in my cereal box and that helped me find the GOLDMINE that are the mccormick sisters or whatever the evolution of it all was. and it matters not. but i wish i could somehow calendar that day and celebrate it annually. hmmmm… not a bad idea. there is a st patty’s day and a president’s day… why could there not be “goddess mccormicks day” ??
so, it is almost odd to think back to the time before meg got her “big girl camera” and imagine what kind of awesomeness she was still achieving before that. proving that her imagination, creativity, gumption, sense of wit and humor, artistic capabilities and general fantasticalities rose above the need (pish posh) for a “real” camera.
i have, for over a year now, smiled broadly at the constant imagining of the two sisters sitting in the same room and flickring on separate computers… or working on photos from a joint galavanting. it brings me great joy to know meg as much as i do. any and every time i see that she has posted something new, i cannot wait to see it because i know it IS new… fresh… and another work of art with her very specific and unique fingerprint all over it. she is an inspiration at the tippy top of my inspiration list and i genuinely care about and for her. keep pushing on, meg. the world is a better place with you in it. that is NOT an exaggeration."
30th April, 2008
"the emotions and range of megan's photos show a true artist at work. looking through her stream is so refreshing, as she displays real creativity and originality in her work. i particularly like what she writes along with her pictures: bits of poems, expressions of emotions, or funny anecdotes because it reveals her unique personality and the the reasons why i'm so glad she is my friend."
15th April, 2008
i am a mermaid princess. says:
"such fresh and wonderful images, full of emotion that show her warm-hearted spirit. The vibrancy of her images is what strikes me the most. So beautiful"
21st January, 2008
olivia bee says:
"Wow. I just found her today, but Megan has blown me away. The perfect definition of "wow.""
21st December, 2007
Bee Brady ♥ says:
"I love range of megan's work, but her self-portraits are particularly inspiring. Visiting her stream is a constant series of " oh ! I wish I had thought of that!" moments. A great photographer."
24th November, 2007
"i absolutely love megan's work. it's amazing.
her shots are so beautiful and fresh... :-)
you can easily see her talent.
and she's a reallyreally lovely person.
15th November, 2007
"This is Megan's own little world captured by a lens. Her ingenious portraiture never ceases to shock, amaze, and inspire. Throw in some of her beautiful landscapes and still lives and she has it all! ...but I don't need to tell you this, look for yourself!"
28th October, 2007
"megan makes the work of identity construction visual, takes herself apart as subject and recombines the elements so i see her as subject, and myself as viewing subject, differently.
a discovery. wonderful work."
15th September, 2007
"Une personnalité qui crève l'écran, un style unique et plein de vie, une imagination débordante, un p'tit côté sombre fascinant, une belle maitrise...tous les composants qui font le talent d'une nana extra!"
6th September, 2007
"Daring, evocative and not afraid to push the envelope. I've gotten so much inspiration from this woman to try new and different things; especially in the realm of self-portraiture. Despite what she inspires in me, there is a sea of calm that floods over me when I sit and stare at her images. She's one for the books!"
29th July, 2007
Rai Robledo says:
"Photos full of beautiful moments and beautiful colors. Bucolic, tender, nice, funny and raw. I adore all the sensations that me transmit your shots.
Obliged visit every day."
10th July, 2007
" Experiencing her view through the lens reveals her personality and passion. Nothing is by accident, every detail is accounted for in the quest for a perfect composition. She doesn't even realize how truly good she is."
6th June, 2007
"Megan is one of the most consistantly creative photographers on Flickr. Her photos show a different reality, a different angle and a different point of view. Her photos and reach out and grab the auidence pulling them into the scene. Sheer brilliance."
17th May, 2007
Fabio Sabatini says:
"Today I have discovered a genius! It is impossible not to love Meg's stream."
18th April, 2007
"...its a photostream to get lost in... i mean... one of her is stunning enough.... but when u have more then that... in one photo alone.... there is nothing else to do but drop your jaws... and stare in complete awe....
glad we ran into each other in this weird little world..."
11th February, 2007
"Sus fotos van mas allá de sus ya perfectos clones, logra encontrar la belleza en cada esquina, con una composicion hermosa y una luz perfecta.. pero no dejes de admirar sus clones!"
28th January, 2007
Danny Liv says:
"Meg and her sister Maria have shot straight into my flickr chart at joint Number One. Intriguing examples of the Yin and Yan (but not neccesarily in that order) of performance art in the photographic medium, they show and astounding maturity alongside fresh humour of various ages and colours. Steeped in the past yet forward looking, they never cease to amaze and amuse. Maria is confidence, Megan is danger. Megan is Shirley, Maria is Dolly. They are rare and special, all the more so for being so connected, both genetically and spiritually. If anything can be -posed, it is theirs to juxta-. In my estimation they are a modern miracle, and one day I'm sure they will be recognised as a three different resources to be cherish, each, the other, and both."
11th January, 2007
cold brains unmoved says:
"oh my! this girl doesn't even need a testimonial! but... her photos are amazing! the composition of each shot is something to be envious of for sure..... and photoshop work? so cool!"
14th December, 2006
"My sister, Megan McCormick, is the genius who taught me about composition in my photos. I owe her my photographical skills. She's also the subject of most of my portraits, a very willing and patient model indeed. She's also got my back.
Meg pays attention to detail, and though her subject may be inanimate, she brings tangible life to objects that can be seen and felt when looked at close enough. She also takes extremely flattering pictures of her sister, Mariah, who is currently single and adores long walks on the beach."
6th July, 2006
- March 2006
- I am: