ǝʞıɯ oɐlɯnp: half existentialist, half essentialist.
there's a place beyond,
where the sand is edible
and you can see air.
- The Visceral Prophet
...que la patria es cualquier lugar donde está el afecto.
(genius is eternal patience)
and the grass grows
all by itself -
0. Le Violon Rouge
1. Canon EOS 40D
2. EF 50mm f/1.8 II Standard & Medium Telephoto Lens for portraits
3. EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact or EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Macro Lens
4. EF 35mm f/1.4L USM or EF 35mm f/2 Wide Angle Lens
5. EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Telephoto Lens
6. EF 50mm f / 1.2L USM Telephoto Lens
7. Leica M8 or Contax G2
8. World Peace or Live in Paris, whichever comes first
9. WIN THE LOTTERY!!!
Je me demande si la mort vaut vraiment le coup d'être vécue.
I AM MY BIGGEST CONTRADICTION
Photos of mdumlao98 (2)
- Friends of the High Line 20,021 photos, 2,061 members
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art 19,561 photos, 2,375 members
- Abstructure 12,225 photos, 1,270 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 6,098 photos, 2,270 members
- New York City People 18,230 photos, 711 members
- Flatirons - Wedged Buildings 1,272 photos, 544 members
- minimal art [no people no life] post / comment / invite 62,659 photos, 3,775 members
- Top 20 Photojournalism 22 photos, 1,167 members
- "Team Pilipinas" (Unlimited Posting - Award 3) 99,495 photos, 2,464 members
- Diagonal Love Affair 21,482 photos, 1,565 members
- Teenage kicks **++** ( JusT All aBouT YouTHful MooDs/KiCks ) 31,185 photos, 2,526 members
- NYC Street Photography 79,815 photos, 3,689 members
- urban poetry 103,644 photos, 3,941 members
- CF Select (The Best of Composition First) 567 photos, 64 members
- "KABAYAN: Fil-Am Fotogs" 108,865 photos, 2,719 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 198,866 photos, 12,970 members
- URBAN New York 89,170 photos, 5,825 members
- REINVENTING ART 917 photos, 176 members
- "Poems + Photographs" 4,360 photos, 504 members
- Urban Acid! (Comment One/Post) 3,787 photos, 804 members
- HCB's "The Decisive Moment" 528 photos, 7,088 members
- Decisive Moment 69,584 photos, 22,335 members
- FELT LIFE 291,804 photos, 7,858 members
- Favorites: 200 1,879 photos, 1,265 members
- Favorites: 175 428 photos, 510 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,858 photos, 1,006 members
- Six Word Story 27,025 photos, 3,244 members
- Top 20 Silhouette or Shadow Shots 18 photos, 568 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 4,854 photos, 16,392 members
- across the street: minimalist street photography 4,222 photos, 3,704 members
- RAW Street Photography 766,823 photos, 29,141 members
- no.photography.allowed 0 photos, 17 members
- DisSymmetry 34,181 photos, 1,789 members
- theMoMAproject [NYC] 32,261 photos, 4,642 members
- Diptych This! = your photo + your friend's photo v 2.0 721 photos, 288 members
- TIO's "Seal of Approval" (Invited Images Only) 8,288 photos, 828 members
- Favorites: 150 1,081 photos, 879 members
- Street Photography: The Suchness of Life 7,021 photos, 2,605 members
- PORTRAITS you can fall in love with... 279,905 photos, 15,730 members
- Swimming in light 56,657 photos, 3,219 members
- - Worlds Monthly Sunset (post one per month)- 1,571 photos, 2,233 members
- Urban Geometry (comment on 1 *or* fave 2 *or* ask to remove 1) 78,763 photos, 5,494 members
- Miami and all things about it 41,134 photos, 2,356 members
- Photos of MIAMI 14,556 photos, 818 members
- Favorites: 125 1,176 photos, 822 members
- Natural Illumination 135,314 photos, 5,953 members
- Favorites: 100 5,338 photos, 2,443 members
- Favorites: 90 1,496 photos, 1,246 members
- Favorites: 80 2,113 photos, 1,516 members
- Night Images 909,173 photos, 116,297 members
"I wonna meet you!
Are you busy this February?
Loves your pictures too - but you know that...."
10th September, 2009
"Mike is a true friend! He is an amazing photographer with a true eye for the craft. His compositions are the best and he has a way of making the ordinary, look extraordinary. He has a kind heart and that is the best thing about him. Keep up the great work my friend!"
15th May, 2009
you have a great eye on things that are special... you have this talent and keep on sharing.... kudos!"
13th March, 2009
"You truly have a special gift, i love love love your photos, they never fail to amaze me. FAVE!"
4th February, 2009
"Spiritual, magical and poetic, his work are without doubt different of all we can see in the dull reality. It will always be a great pleasure for me to discover his world, picture by picture, like a delicate tea! :-)"
18th December, 2008
"He has the "eye" that most of us don't. We can take a picture but Mike can produce art! He can make simple lines or shadows into works of art. His photographs are less but more.
A true artist with great eyes for details, that's Mike D.!
Thank you for sharing your excellent work!
20th September, 2008
1st September, 2008
"professionale e profondo
professional and deep
profesionál y profundo"
14th August, 2008
The Wandering Angel says:
"Mike's photographs are raw yet ethereal, naked yet arresting, makes you focus on his messages and forces you to think. Nothing is taken for granted."
7th August, 2007
gwennielynn (jenn) says:
"Like his soul... beauty is found when you delve into his frames. Amazing artistry and vision along with poetry and friendship, these attributes speak of a man that gives with every photo he takes. Thank you mike for giving so much of yourself to me. I treasure you.
and do i need to mention dino? hahahahaha!!!"
3rd June, 2007
"Mike is good. His photographs always captivate and pick the right angle that makes more remarkable and enjoyable to comment. You can feel the warmth of his photos by viewing all his wonderful photos. He’s an inspiration. One of the best Pinoy flickers. Thanks for sharing and thanks Flickr."
24th May, 2007
"He definitely has a fine eye & never ceases to amaze me with how he sees things. His photos are elegant and brilliant. A very smart man and truly the chicest! It is always a pleasure seeing his photostream. J'adore!"
9th May, 2007
"Mike's photostream is one of the most captivating here on flickr... His shots are splashed with the fusion of creativity and originality... In addition, his comments on other people's works never lack kindness... Happy to be on his contact list!"
25th March, 2007
C. R. Wygal says:
"I'm always amazed by the wonderful portraits you capture. From people you know to complete strangers, you seem fearless behind your lense. I really admire you for that."
23rd February, 2007
Here in Van Nuys says:
"An extremely generous and passionate photographer who creates unique and distinct work. Mike has a sense of humor about himself, but a seriousness about his vision and creation. The energy and creativity of NY shoots through his photostream. His poetry, humanity and imagery stand out."
23rd February, 2007
Fonzie's cousin says:
"you are da man"
31st January, 2007
Haiku - You I Am
‘You and I on call’
Offers open horizons, -
Useless limits fall...
I, you, osmosis
At last discover, reaching
by Jonathan Robin
This is the best way to reflect Mr Mike's visual, creative and artistic impact upon my life. I was surfing one night and stumbled upon his stream and he has for me opened up a whole new world captured in such amazing perspective and vivid colours,as seen through his eyes. The whole world of Haiku, quotes and prose have suddenly re-emerged and reflect perfectly his beautiful take on life. You are the God of Haiku Mr Mike and your photography is just pure awesome! You are pure inspiration! Thank you for your true soul-ship -- for you I am ! xxx"
13th January, 2007
"Holy Mike never seizes to astonish with his images and wits. He is a very warm person with a very exceptional eye. Good stuff my friend!"
29th October, 2006
"What can I say??? First and foremost, amazing guy!! Full of nice words and great things to say!!
His photography also is going from strength to strength... as a young whipper snapper I'm enjoying seeing him progress into more and more acomplished photographer per day.
If you wanna see some great photos and a even better person then Mike is your man..."
5th September, 2006
Magnolias forever says:
"mdumlao's thought provoking descriptions and comments are priceless. something i look forward to every time i log on to flickr. the moments he captures with his camera and the words accompanying them are my greatest inspiration. he makes me want to better myself as a photographer and as a person. i am thankful for finding him in the flickr ocean of amazing talents. keep on rocking, m.!"
30th June, 2006
Cliff Ramos says:
"The thread? Simply stunning... The idea? Superb... The words? Overwhelming... and there are thousand more reasons why people should not miss his flickr... Everything is beautiful... And the person? One great cool guy who loves to show everyone what he's got...Fearless and fierce, and its nice knowing him...Continue rockin' the flickr!!!"
26th June, 2006
"always a deep pleasure to experience new york city and to meet new yorkers through mike's thoughtful, perceptive eyes... he captures the humanity of NY as a whole, and of the individual people who live there and pass through there... keep it up, my friend..."
23rd June, 2006
"Mdumlao98 is one of the best that has happened to me on Flickr. He is honest, smart, intelligent, and a great photographer. He is also funny and just knows what to say to make anyone laugh even when you had a bad day. He makes the hardest things in life seem so simple. Mdumlao98 is just an all around beautiful person and i am glad he is part of my life."
13th June, 2006
"uff... I can't write much in English, simply wanna say, his photos AND the lines.. hm.. poems.. are a gift for me... I have a better day, when visited his stream.
You are gifted with a very special talent, and I'm glad that you share it !!!"
7th June, 2006
"Through his compositions, he vividly captures random images of New York and his travels, road trips, and that seemingly endless fashion journey.
He keeps his own world in our eyes."
25th April, 2006
- October 2004