Manhattan Beach was a different place when he grew up surfing and combing the coastal views of the South Bay.
Brian McStotts then ventured the globe to capture his unique perspectives of the Ocean Lifestyle and the Great Outdoors. Since settling into a quaint neighborhood in El Segundo he's pursued expanding his archives to a plethora of unique visuals of our everyday world. Through his collection you might find the uncommon perspective of the ordinary, perhaps even an unordinary perspective of the common.
Currently using a Nikon D300 with a good number of ancient Nikkor film lenses...and my favorite telephoto...
The Century 500mm 5.6
mcshots' flickr score: 6262
Feel free to email me if you are interested in anything you see here in my flickr sets/galleries/or collections....all images are cleared for film, television, and commercial use with my permission...all images here are available for purchase as are all photos on my website...the same pricing applies... www.mcshots.com/purchase ... and we have paypal for your convenience.... www.paypal.com/
Check out the set ..."Lighthouses..Signs and Posters"....I've been making some Beach Signs that are available...as well as the Surf and Travel Posters in that set...Beach Pebble Lighthouses and Mailboxes have generated a LOT of interest...its a project I've been devoting a LOT of time to lately!....I am also available to do custom photo shoots of surfing and other sports....and anything else you might need photographically....email is best for a first contact....
thanks for your interest and support!
439 Valley Street
el segundo, calif. 90245
LIQUID ENERGY A Visual Tour By mcshots photography Book Preview
mcshots on Flickeflu
I retain copyright to all of my images. None of my images are in the public domain and you may not use them unless you receive written permission from me.
WARNING: Any institutions or Flickr members using this site or any of its associated sites for studies or projects - You do NOT have my permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a serious violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.
I do license my work for commercial uses and sell prints of many of my photos in a variety of sizes. If you are interested in using any of my images for a commercial use, or purchasing a print please contact me. Please ask before using my photos. I usually say yes to free use for most non-profit users, but not all.
The use of any of my copyrighted photos without my express written permission is forbidden by law. If you choose to steal one of my images you are liable for a minimum of $500 per image, plus all of my legal costs, and 10% annual interest on any unpaid amount.
You will find photographs in my flickr photostream and sets of the following places:
life is short...
go live it!!
- Not only Facebook 48,068 photos, 2,099 members
- serenity group 41,788 photos, 2,113 members
- Top 25 Nature's Beauty 27 photos, 676 members
- fd's Flickr Toys 34,498 photos, 14,124 members
- Boats only 31,663 photos, 1,619 members
- Sailboats and sailing 45,941 photos, 6,275 members
- 1 Million Aircraft Photos -- NO PHOTO DUMPING 294,983 photos, 2,932 members
- planes, trains and automobiles 121,104 photos, 4,114 members
- PLANET EARTH SUNRISE SUNSETS 26,532 photos, 2,500 members
- PLANET EARTH OUR HOME 167,401 photos, 5,147 members
- Airplanes 292,553 photos, 7,226 members
- Airplanes and Airports 341,153 photos, 9,253 members
- Aviation 281,228 photos, 9,833 members
- * Oceanside and Southern California 13,817 photos, 860 members
- Fun in the Sun 10,643 photos, 1,424 members
- Only a surfer knows the feelin' 3,435 photos, 302 members
- Waves Across The World 5,437 photos, 284 members
- Rocky Coastlines and Shores 4,565 photos, 342 members
- Kite Surfing 16,741 photos, 2,824 members
- The waves of the world 2,319 photos, 249 members
- Surf Photos 10,812 photos, 382 members
- Surfing Photography 4,491 photos, 420 members
- Waves!! 5,504 photos, 556 members
- extreme surfing 3,798 photos, 332 members
- Surf & Travel Spots - Collaborative repository 5,506 photos, 709 members
- Red Rule 464,023 photos, 39,015 members
- Native American Cliff Dwellings, Petroglyphs and Pictographs 3,903 photos, 501 members
- Rock Art 11,790 photos, 1,220 members
- all about driftwood 1,087 photos, 128 members
- Coastal World and Water Views (CWWVG),Looking for ADMINISTRATOR 53,900 photos, 2,087 members
- Northern California Photography 124,553 photos, 4,344 members
- SCOTLAND'S LANDSCAPES 85,485 photos, 5,104 members
- Palaces, Castles, Towers, Pagodas, Fortresses And Ruins of Old 116,745 photos, 9,312 members
- Buildings/Architecture 833,975 photos, 33,297 members
- Signs of theTimes ©®™ (Sign Pictures) 59,589 photos, 5,839 members
- lighthouses //// faros 7,994 photos, 1,585 members
- HAHAHAHA***ALL ABOUT FUNNY SIGNS*** 7,097 photos, 1,421 members
- Sign City 186,940 photos, 11,144 members
- Signs, Signs... 102,948 photos, 4,807 members
- Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.... 38,681 photos, 2,387 members
- LUNAS 894 photos, 169 members
- Santa Cruz, California 16,343 photos, 1,002 members
- Topaz Simplify 4,159 photos, 638 members
- ` FLICKR ´ 171,468 photos, 6,065 members
- Any Derelict Building 91,805 photos, 3,833 members
- Lovely villages, fields, meadows, swamps & countryside 212,563 photos, 6,792 members
- Nature, wildlife, and the great outdoors 144,691 photos, 3,794 members
- NATURE'S BEST 813,183 photos, 21,675 members
- FLICKR NATURE 653,107 photos, 12,817 members
- Nature Scenes 179,171 photos, 5,412 members
"This stream is better than porn."
20th December, 2007
casual clicks says:
"Though I've never met Brian personally, I feel I know the man. Dedicated to his friends and excellence in his photography, Brian's influence extends beyond his superb and wide-ranging photographic subjects. He doesn't know it , but he has been an online mentor to me. Having joined Flickr about 11 months ago, Brian's stream was the first I stumbled upon and could relate to (beyond the common Scottish heritage). I couldn't stop studying his images...the artistry, the commitment to capturing that special moment in time. I like viewing his work large so I can examine and learn the most. His wide range of subjects has motivated me to not focus on just one, but any scene that captures my interest. He's even taught me surfer lingo and generously provided his business acumen, as well. All in all, a genuine, helpful, talented and overall fine fellow who keeps on giving us not only his fine images, but much more. Thanks, Brian!"
30th March, 2007
"I looked through 147 pages of your work! Your one of my new favorite photographers!! Every single shot was excellent!!!!!!!! : )"
13th April, 2007
RyanC Photography says:
"3,558 and counting extreme quality photos, that only a professional could pull out, Hes inspired me and helped me along through flickr and travels.
16th April, 2006
"Fantastic photographer! Capture some of the most amazing waves shot that I have ever seen. Two thumbs up!"
8th March, 2006
"Lets just say that Brian will go the extra distance to get the shot. After a few messages about photo/surf conditions he was on a 500 mile road trip within a half hour. His results are nothing less than professional. He is a very serious photographer, and to shoot with him is nothing less than fun."
14th February, 2006
"Brian captures the real beach feel of LA's South Bay. Being born and raised in the area, and now moved away, i enjoy getting to check out my old stomping grounds. Brian, if you didn't know still shots with film (for now). He is a master with the camera and certinly one of my all time favorite photographers. I can only wish to ever have his photographic skills. We grew up only miles apart yet I 1st met him only a few years ago. Check out his McShots! Top notch pro photography!
10th November, 2005
"here's one stoked surfer boy who's living the endless summer with no apologies. his love for nature, surfing, the ocean and people permeates each beautiful image. mahalo nui mcshots, for you're positive spirit and wonderful photographs!"
25th December, 2005
"A treasure trove of professional level photography. Worth the time for a complete lookabout!"
22nd July, 2005
- brian mcstotts
- February 2005
- manhattan beach, calif.
- el segundo, calif., usa
- photography...film and television set decorating/props...builder of beach pebble lighthouses....painter of beach signs...and have driftwood lighthouse designs for mailboxes
- mcshots [at] earthlink.net