"No I did not read the reviews cause I ain't singing this song for you"
Thanks for visiting my profile. Hope you enjoy my photos.
Originally joined flickr as primarily a backup site for my negatives- did not realize would become a daily addiction.
I have been fortunate enough to travel extensively when I was younger so many of my older photos come from these adventures.
I am a Obstetrician/Gynecologist so I work alot and sleep a little. My photography is sporadic at best.
I have become more protective of my photography of late. If you do not have an icon or photography in your stream chances are I will block you. Sorry do not take it personally- just business.
visited 16 states (7.11%)Create your own visited map of The World
Flickr has taught me that I am not anywhere near as good a photographer as I thought I was.
Giotto Carbon Fibre Tripod with Manfrotto Head
Leica Digilux 2
Canon Canoscan 8600F
MacBook Pro with Aperture 2.0
Nikkor 24-200 AF lens
Leica D Lux 6
Photos of lee.mccain.photorama (4)
- Panasonic DMC-LX7 and Leica D-Lux 6 1,829 photos, 209 members
- Daytime Long Exposures 17,595 photos, 1,522 members
- Project Weather 109,698 photos, 31,970 members
- NAPG Photo Critique Forum 6 photos, 42 members
- North Alabama Photographers Guild (NAPG)-Next meeting Jan. 14th 10,394 photos, 357 members
- Views: 10000 4,843 photos, 3,219 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 677,015 photos, 32,047 members
- Leica 462,388 photos, 11,487 members
- Exquisite Waterfalls ( Post - 1, Award - 2 ) Waterfalls Only 4,847 photos, 801 members
- Monochromatic Visions 21,991 photos, 2,301 members
- HDR Landscapes 53,916 photos, 3,593 members
- Águas Divinas "Invite Only" (Post 1 Comment on 3) 4,550 photos, 1,218 members
- Waterfalls Around the World 72,002 photos, 10,897 members
- TTHDR (True Tone High Dynamic Range) 28,714 photos, 2,537 members
- The Fine Art Gallery 987 photos, 891 members
- The Blue Hour (please read rules) 22,391 photos, 2,450 members
- .Southern Photographers - Southern Images 115,655 photos, 2,059 members
- Kris Kros Contacts 133,333 photos, 4,117 members
- Beautiful Capture 2,451,235 photos, 82,542 members
- Alabama The Beautiful- Admin wanted 17,276 photos, 552 members
- Minimalism 180,639 photos, 19,182 members
- Absolutely Stunning 'Scapes ***INVITED PHOTOS ONLY*** 30,485 photos, 8,800 members
- Very Long Exposure (30 seconds or more) 31,204 photos, 4,161 members
- Alabama Waterfalls 2,125 photos, 237 members
- Professional landscapes 147,651 photos, 6,681 members
- Explore this! (ONLY EXPLORED PICS) 18,880 photos, 3,559 members
- Fine-ART photos (Invite only) 34,129 photos, 10,137 members
- Waterfalls 119,957 photos, 16,018 members
- Portraiture 653,852 photos, 26,050 members
- Black & White Fine Art (NO portraits!) 56,066 photos, 2,706 members
- HDR at Night [comments recommended] 8,977 photos, 1,327 members
- Trees in Mist 26,825 photos, 5,733 members
- HDR 865,685 photos, 88,887 members
- Realistic HDR Images 18,093 photos, 5,630 members
- HDR Unlimited 405,107 photos, 14,960 members
- Large Format 56,579 photos, 9,337 members
- Quality HDR 239,344 photos, 12,373 members
- Art in Black and White 149,088 photos, 9,540 members
- BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO HEAVEN! 579,318 photos, 17,901 members
- FLOWERS 1,150,854 photos, 92,873 members
- Urban Decay 359,482 photos, 29,920 members
- Sepia Lovers 116,842 photos, 15,850 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 296,914 photos, 39,381 members
- Medium Format (film only) 674,461 photos, 26,398 members
- nighthawks 268,766 photos, 18,600 members
- Lightning 33,146 photos, 13,275 members
- Night Lights 548,714 photos, 51,924 members
- Nocturnes - Night Photography 263,278 photos, 18,363 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 482,896 photos, 31,763 members
- 28mm or wider 161,767 photos, 4,850 members
Jefe Montana says:
"There are a lot of talented, versatile photographers on flickr and Lee is definitely one of them, but what amazes me most about Lee is despite all he shoots (nature landscapes, portraits, playgrounds, parking lots, etc.) , I almost always can recognize an image as his just by just looking at it. ... his subtle consistent style transcends photographic talent, creating an artistic vision all his own.
Thanks for sharing your view of the world with us Lee,"
17th August, 2009
"I haven't met Lee personally, yet. But, he is so free with good comments and suggestions, and has such a friendly and fun online personality that I hope to meet him sometime at a NAPG meeting or on a photo hike to some waterfall or other beautiful outdoor spot. His photography is amazing and I learn by observing his work anytime he posts something new."
13th January, 2009
"Lee is a photographer that I have only come across recently and all I can say is, damn it why didn't I find this earlier! His use of black and white is inspiring, making me want to get out and try myself, not that I would get anywhere near the stunning effect he achieves. I also like the way such a mainstream and professional photographer uses modern, often disliked methods like HDR, a tool which is close to my heart and I find it reassuring to see that I'm not alone in seeing its use. To anyone reading this all I can say is, Lee is a fantastic photographer, his shots inspire and delight every time and I can't wait to see what he creates next."
14th September, 2008
"What can be said about Lee?? Other than he is an ordinary run-of-the-mill photographer who produces less than outstanding, and usually pretty generic, photos. If it weren't for his kindness and reliability in the commenting department, I doubt I would venture so far as to glance at a picture he posted. I wish all of that were true, haha, it might make me seem like a more talented photographer. Unfortunately, Lee has me beat by A LOT in two departments... talent and age. The latter of which is both comical and perfectly acceptable :~)"
10th July, 2008
mrs. shelly says:
"Lee is one of the most wonderful and talented photographers I know. While his photo stream has revealed many places ventured, the way he captured each and every moment of all the stunning places is nothing short of spectacular and breath-taking. Lee is also one of the most friendliest people around who gives great advice with constructive criticism. I find myself swooning over his work beause I can tell that his heart and soul was put into every shot. Kudos to the most talented and most versatile photographers I know. Thanks for your work that enspires so many."
6th April, 2008
Anne Strickland says:
"Before I wrote this testimonial, I took another walk through Lee's stream. Yes - a walk - down the back roads of Alabama, through the city of Decatur, over the rivers and through the woods, across mighty bridges, and even beyond. I felt refreshed and renewed after looking through Lee's photo's. Physically, mentally and emotionally renewed. Now, that is powerful photography and what we all strive to do as photographers - touch the soul of the viewer. Well done, Lee. I'm proud to call you my flickr friend.
Hugs from ~Amabile~
5th April, 2008
"I think the first thing that you notice about Lee's work is just how it all has that "Wow" factor to it...his photograhpy is artistic and versatile.
I have often thought how his black and white landscape's are inspired.... The balance between light and dark in these images are amazing.
Whether it is potraits, nature, or cityscapes he captures the unseen and shares his vision.
He is generous with his comments, advice, and shares his expertise with all levels of photographer's...
Thanks Lee for sharing your orginal vision and treating us all with
your artful photography."
24th January, 2008
"I'll start by saying that Lee's AMAZING style of photography is pure genius. His tones and colors are incredible, and the best part is that they are completely unique to him. I could pick any of Lee's works of art out of a line-up any day.
Lee is also a great person and friend, probably the most genuine person I have met. I'm eager to go shooting again with such a great guy.
So I guess the only bad thing about Lee is that I have to compete against him in the monthly contests ;-)
Always looking foward to the next post, as they never dissapoint.
Keep up the awesome work!"
19th January, 2008
"It's interesting in the internet age that we come to know people we've never had the pleasure of meeting in person. Lee's fantastic photography has always been an inspiration to me since my earliest days here on Flickr but what is apparent to me after months of reading his replies and interaction with other members is that he's obviously "one of the good guys".
Lee, keep up the great work. Maybe we'll meet in person someday . If that ever happens, I'm sure we can use the occasion to write a few more files for the old hard drive!"
16th January, 2008
"Lee is a few things that I admire. First and foremost, he's a heckuva a nice guy. I've had the opportunity to go shooting with him a few times and always enjoy his company and how he approaches his photography.
Secondly, he is a great photographer. He takes considerable time setting up his shots and is conscientous about his composition.
Thanks, Lee for the friendship and inspiring photos. Kee up the good work."
16th January, 2008
"I think I could pick Lee's photo's out of any line-up. There is a certain integrity to them. The tones are earthy and unpretentious. I think the greatest compliment you can pay to an artist is that they are presenting what they believe is beautiful.....not what they think you will think is beautiful. I never get the sense that his photos are designed to impress. Rather they grow on you over time and you learn to appreciate a very unique style that permeates them over the years. Anyway, this is all just my way of saying that Lee is a great photographer and a generous Flickr friend."
13th November, 2007
pete halupka says:
"If there was ever a question of photographic talent in Northern Alabama my man, Lee, shows there isn't a question."
29th October, 2007
"Lee is a great flickr friend. I have declared him the king of night shots. He does amazing shots with EXCELLENT exposures. His work needs to be in a gallery! I enjoy waiting for the next photo!"
6th June, 2007
- Lee McCain
- February 2007
- Decatur, Alabama
- Athens, Alabama, United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Lee McCain