In a word, I guess I'm eclectic. I believe I know a little about most things, and I'm interested in virtually everything.
I try to reflect that in the photos I post here.
I'm a serious amateur photographer, and being here on flickr, interacting with lots of amazing photographers from around the world, has definitely helped me improve the standard of my photography.
Please contact me if you wish to use any of my images.
All are copyright, none are free.
Buy my books on blurb:
- Meat Club ! 2,523 photos, 382 members
- FotoArtCircle - the miraculous world - Level 1 - (2P=5C) 82,774 photos, 5,337 members
- color street (curatimus maximus) 4,480 photos, 1,805 members
- FotoArtCircle - The Best of the Best - Level 1 (1P - 5C) 4,663 photos, 603 members
- Reflections of the world 13,785 photos, 1,661 members
- Everybody's Looking for Something 21 photos, 8 members
- English Gardens - Celebrating Over 1,400 Members! 14,059 photos, 1,497 members
- Mijas Pueblo - Andalucia 374 photos, 54 members
- Jaden's Garden 1,151 photos, 346 members
- Granada 74,852 photos, 3,618 members
- The Alhambra 8,682 photos, 1,076 members
- World-Wide Street Photography 219 photos, 31 members
- Doors, Windows, and Steps 136,139 photos, 7,122 members
- Ξ ۩ DoorsWindowsWorld ۩ Ξ DWWG (Please tag dwwg) 30,834 photos, 3,519 members
- Just Windows! 122,843 photos, 14,130 members
- Aerial pictures 15,325 photos, 856 members
- Aerial Photography 9,490 photos, 984 members
- @ the Bad Ass Cafe 245 photos, 42 members
- STREETTOGS ULTIMATE 5,341 photos, 379 members
- Andalusia 3,356 photos, 136 members
- Award Free Zone - Photos with 'text only' comments thank you 28,520 photos, 1,047 members
- España 219,609 photos, 6,357 members
- Spain 203,380 photos, 7,948 members
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! 7,016 photos, 937 members
- Snow Pictures Around The World 14,533 photos, 2,346 members
- Beauty in Winter 22,440 photos, 2,090 members
- ***winter - wonderland*** 14,297 photos, 1,251 members
- winter landscapes 47,063 photos, 5,088 members
- Food Porn 618,172 photos, 41,937 members
- Hamilton's Aggressive Photographers 9,354 photos, 175 members
- Red!Blue!!Yellow! together 19,638 photos, 2,732 members
- Wokingham 477 photos, 48 members
- Black Creek Pioneer Village 656 photos, 52 members
- 1pm - One Per Month 36 photos, 22 members
- Commented "Good Composition" 11,827 photos, 1,249 members
- Autumn around the World 1,469 photos, 117 members
- The British Museum, London 2,670 photos, 530 members
- ART PHOTOGRAPHERS Salon 56,842 photos, 1,963 members
- Norfolk UK 34,249 photos, 1,889 members
- Holy cow! 1,791 photos, 363 members
- Cow mad 6,149 photos, 1,141 members
- Yorkshire 111,350 photos, 3,286 members
- Sheep 26,294 photos, 5,508 members
- London Street Markets 2,688 photos, 348 members
- Beautiful Lake Ontario 7,008 photos, 516 members
- Autumn colour of love ! JOIN CONTEST # 35 26,167 photos, 3,186 members
- Streetcars and Light Rail in North America 3,346 photos, 167 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 221,021 photos, 18,994 members
- coffee break 6,067 photos, 1,295 members
- Coffee Addicts Unite! 2,953 photos, 689 members
Rietje Swart says:
"Marty, is one of the first people I met here on Flickr,
since spring 2006.
That was a good start for me.
He has a very pleasant personality.
And he is a loyal person and a gentleman.
I like his sence of humor.
His photography and creativity are irresistable.
I love the treatment in his photos.
Also the wonderful images of Port Credit.
His portrait photography all have, a story of their own and are amazingly good.
I love the variety in his stream.
I am glad I met him, it makes Flickr very enjoyable with this kind of people around us."
20th January, 2009
"Marty is one of the most fun flickr people I've been lucky enough to meet. His sense of humour and kindness are only equaled by his wonderful talent with a camera. Marty's been so supportive, and his words are from the heart. He's the sort of person who makes flickr such a great place to share. Thank you, Marty, for your inspiration, and for your friendship."
28th September, 2008
"Marty is taking pictures touching the heart His photos are all incredible, don´t know to say much more, I love everyone of his photos, and I´m proud to count him to one of my dearest flickr friends.
Keep on taking stunning pictures, Marty!!!"
27th September, 2008
Eddie Hales says:
"I know that I should have written this testimonial for my Flickr friend Marty a while ago, but better late than never. I think that Marty was one of my first contacts on Flickr and to this day he continues to impress me with his photographic eye. In an age consumed by technology and the urge to upgrade to new camera models as soon as they hit the market, it is easy to forget what photography is all about. Whether it is urban, landscape, travel, candid or still life Marty has got what it takes to capture these subjects in an impressive manner. He inspires me to look outside the box and to develop the skills to be a better photographer.
Marty is a gentleman and to me he is what a Flickr is all about.
Keep up the good work mate!
12th August, 2008
"It's about time I wrote this, as I will not delay any longer telling you what a visual delight and experience it is to view Marty's stream!
Every picture he takes tells a story! Each picture includes the most charming scenes and settings and they dance with color and vibrancy.
It's a real pleasure knowing Marty. I've spent time with him at Flickr meets, coffee and camera meets, and out on photo-shoots. He's a good laugh, a good soul and just a really nice person.
Have a look around his stream, I know you will find much interest and awe in his photos, the places he's been and the way he tells you about it in pictures!"
5th July, 2008
George D Thompson says:
"I can't say that all the pictures that Marty takes are masterpieces for the simple reason that I don't see all the pictures that Marty takes ~ but all the pictures that he puts on flickr are masterpieces.
How does he do it?"
4th November, 2007
"There's something about Marty..Marty has been a flicker friend of mine for quite sometime now..and I am always delighted to see his photo stream or a comment on my stream made by him..Marty has been a kind, sensitive, and most Nobel flickr friend..Within his photo stream I am especially fond of his photos of people he always captures the most sacred and lovely parts of peoples lives, never in a sarcastic, or judgemental way..and in particular his photos of the elderly...for one to be able to capture a lifetime in a single photo takes a special person and that person is Marty Pinker, I am proud to have him as one of my contacts on flickr..looking forward to seeing many more photos, I remain respectively in awe....Suzanne"
28th October, 2007
remember moments says:
"Each time, when I visit Marty´s photostream, I feel well.
There is on one side the absence of hectic pace. On the other side I feel that Marty is interested in what he is photographing. That makes his images recreative.
His shots are always a feast for the eyes, in Germany we used to say: Augenweide.
Every pic is full of atmosphere. That is not very often on Flickr. His fantastic portraits are full of warmth and emotion. They are excellent. Like his recent shots of birds.
Marty, I love your images very much. Keep it up."
6th October, 2007
Kazoot toozaK says:
"Marty is a real gentleman. His kind and gentle personality shines through his assortment of interesting photos. I am honored and thankful for his friendship. He is what the Flickr experience is all about."
9th August, 2007
LaVona S says:
"Marty Pinker is amazing. He is tops. I think many of you will agree.
I am happy to have him as a contact person."
26th July, 2007
"She spent most days in the small shop, selling postcards of the British flag to tourists. No one, and least of all she, could ever have suspected the role that she would play."
27th September, 2006
- Martin Pinker
- August 2005
- Reading, Berkshire, England
- Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Advertising Agency Marketing Strategist
- The Ploughman's Lunch