About me? I have a crazy obsession for photography. To be honest, it’s all I think about and, when I am not with my family, I am out with my camera. I have always loved art and design and took up photography in 2006, although it was a good few years later that I really caught the bug. It used to be a solitary pursuit, but in later years I have built a great network of friends who also share my love, many of whom join me on my adventures.
Whilst I typically shoot architecture and landscapes, I just love photography in all its forms. For me, it's all about the enjoyment and not what equipment I am using. I am developing my own style, but I will always be my own biggest critic, so think I still have a way to go.
I love hearing from anyone who, like me, shares this passion. If you ever want any pointers, I am happy to help, although please do not be disappointed if I choose not to share my processing techniques as they are individual to my work.
Comments – since joining I have built up a large amount of contacts, so much so that it has become difficult to manage everything that passes through my contact pages. I have recently adopted a new way of working, and so will leave a considered comment for those that I receive.
Lastly, I ask that you refrain from leaving comments that contain external links or images as they will be removed. If you could use your own photostream to promote your work I would appreciate it.
That's it! I hope that you enjoy your visit.
All my images are ALL RIGHTS RESERVED and are COPYRIGHT © solely to me.
Please contact me if you would like to use any of my images. Thank you
Photos of martinturner (2)
- Stark-Magazine 4,371 photos, 188 members
- Get Olympus 99,116 photos, 2,365 members
- Severn Estuary 1,595 photos, 73 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,669 photos, 15,200 members
- Monochrome Mad 1,641 photos, 248 members
- The Library of Birmingham 614 photos, 54 members
- Birmingham Photography Group 3,811 photos, 286 members
- Birmingham 67,293 photos, 2,868 members
- BRI Photography Project 396 photos, 21 members
- National Geographic Traveller (UK) 24,311 photos, 1,982 members
- Open House Photo comp 2013 629 photos, 341 members
- Samyang 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT 3,423 photos, 416 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 762 photos, 885 members
- The Official Digital Camera Magazine Flickr Group 43,710 photos, 1,242 members
- Digital Camera World 85,807 photos, 3,052 members
- BBC Britain in Pictures 18,755 photos, 522 members
- London Architecture Blog 1,881 photos, 59 members
- N-Photo Mag 126,078 photos, 2,932 members
- Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 374,862 photos, 10,080 members
- Olympus OM-D Original (3xO) 52,409 photos, 916 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 80,539 photos, 3,088 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10 and E-M5 user 176,360 photos, 7,474 members
- London - the best of 56 photos, 5 members
- Amazing architectural photography 511 photos, 141 members
- Time Out London 25,974 photos, 580 members
- The Beauty of London 26,051 photos, 980 members
- Building magazine on Flickr 5,997 photos, 259 members
- Samyang 85mm 1,4 8,321 photos, 1,227 members
- Bristol Harbourside 292 photos, 24 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 56,190 photos, 3,051 members
- Little London Observationist 10,733 photos, 221 members
- In a Magic World 4,313 photos, 657 members
- Bristol Photographers 5,335 photos, 318 members
- Alien Skin Software 13,081 photos, 1,852 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 60,319 photos, 3,866 members
- Enquire Mag 109,549 photos, 6,906 members
- Digital Photographer Magazine 14,790 photos, 490 members
- Nikon D700 275,364 photos, 14,405 members
- FlickrCentral 7,012,258 photos, 204,500 members
- Taxi! 11,887 photos, 2,526 members
- We Love Bath - Bath in Time Exhibition 209 photos, 78 members
- London Night Life 19,802 photos, 3,593 members
- London Lovers 38,103 photos, 3,333 members
- London Architecture 17,353 photos, 753 members
- London Shot Collective 4,841 photos, 188 members
- 'What Digital Camera' flickr group 80,638 photos, 2,094 members
- Film and Photography LSSC 181 photos, 23 members
- Buildings/Architecture 942,823 photos, 35,469 members
- Architecture 1,312,891 photos, 76,588 members
- My Picure <No Rules: repost> 3,111 photos, 103 members
nina's clicks says:
"Martin is a fantastic photographer. His work is stunning.
His sunset photographs are breathtaking and his architecture shots are awesome. His eye for composition is great, unique.
He is also a great contact, always giving his support and writing meaningful comments.
Keep shooting, best of luck Martin!"
20th March, 2013
"Martin's work is truly inspiring... the way he captures unique shapes and patterns in superbly interesting architecture is a real treat for the eye and is what drew me to his work when I first came across his stream a little over a year ago. There is so much to see in these images and I find myself sitting and staring at them for a long, long time. The colors, tones and light he captures are beautiful too.
I also really love his water images... the work he does with exposure is amazing and something I would love to try some day.
I'm so glad we crossed paths here on Flickr and I wish you the best of luck with your photography Martin. Thank you for your friendship and support and I look forward to more of your amazing work! :-)"
6th October, 2012
Eyecandi - Rob Hawke says:
"Ever since joining Flickr about 18 months ago I have been fasinated by Martins consistent excellent work. There is never a week that goes by without me checking out what you have posted.
Your eye for a shot and your trademark processing have been a constant inspiration to me. I would like to say that I have learnt a lot by following your work, even if I do not get enough opportunities to put it into practice.
I can see great things happening with the new camera, and to be honest I was constantly amazed at the shots you produced with the D90. Just goes to show that it is always the person behind the lens that makes the difference, not the hardware.
Keep up the inspirational great work, I hope we get a chance to meet one day.
1st October, 2012
"If it was possible to fav a flickr contact, Martin would be the first. He is sharing fantastic atmospheric photos with straight composition and an outstanding quality.
His comments are always very kind, although his own skills would allow him to criticize other works very strict.
Martin, keep shooting more fantastic works!!!"
13th September, 2012
"Martin's photos are from a completely different realm ... haunting and surreal and above all, inspiring.
I wish I was as able to capture geometrical lines the way Martin does.
And btw great website.
17th July, 2012
Mathijs Delva says:
"What can i say about Martin.. He is a fantastic photographer in every aspect. His eye for composition is what strikes me most. Every time he uploads a new photograph, i come to the same conclusion: perfect composition. That, and the fact he mostly shoots nature and architecture, which are my favourite subjects, makes him one of my most inspiring photographers i've been following to date.
He is also extremely helpful when it comes to giving critique, be it positive or negative; and to be honest, that's what keeps this great community alive.
Keep it up!"
12th April, 2012
"Flickr allows you to admire stunning pictures of very talented photographers all around the world and Martin is one of them but I think he stand a little step further ahead... Every picture he load is to me a mind blowing interesting experience. His architecture/structures perspctives are special! Hope to see much more!"
21st November, 2011
"i don't know what else to say, apart from Martin has one of the most interesting and consistent photostreams going"
5th November, 2011
"Martin is not afraid to try something new and keep pushing himself which I see in his ever increasing talent as a photographer."
12th October, 2009
"Martin Turner... Always friendly, helpful and gives leaves contructive criticism when required, which is invaluable to a beginner like me.
As for his photo's...nothing short of superb. Especially his most recent ones taken at Lanhydrock. His shots are always well composed, well exposed and interesting to the viewer. And I certainly think Martin has developed his own style.
Finally, Martin, I'd like to thankyou for all the comments you have left on my photo's and all the encouragement you have given me. Long may it continue!"
23rd September, 2008
- Martin Turner
- May 2006
- Bristol, United Kingdom
- Longer Exposure