About me? I have a crazy obsession for photography. To be honest, it’s all I think about and, when I am not with my family, I am out with my camera. I have always loved art and design and took up photography in 2006, although it was a good few years later that I really caught the bug. It used to be a solitary pursuit, but in later years I have built a great network of friends who also share my love, many of whom join me on my adventures.
Whilst I typically shoot architecture and landscapes, I just love photography in all its forms. For me, it's all about the enjoyment and not what equipment I am using. I am developing my own style, but I will always be my own biggest critic, so think I still have a way to go.
I love hearing from anyone who, like me, shares this passion. If you ever want any pointers, I am happy to help, although please do not be disappointed if I choose not to share my processing techniques as they are individual to my work.
Comments – since joining I have built up a large amount of contacts, so much so that it has become difficult to manage everything that passes through my contact pages. I have recently adopted a new way of working, and so will leave a considered comment for those that I receive.
Lastly, I ask that you refrain from leaving comments that contain external links or images as they will be removed. If you could use your own photostream to promote your work I would appreciate it.
That's it! I hope that you enjoy your visit.
All my images are ALL RIGHTS RESERVED and are COPYRIGHT © solely to me.
Please contact me if you would like to use any of my images. Thank you
Photos of martinturner (2)
- N-Photo Mag 77,955 photos, 2,424 members
- Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 272,327 photos, 8,504 members
- Olympus OM-D Original (3xO) 34,205 photos, 764 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D 43,497 photos, 2,348 members
- Olympus OM-D user 100,877 photos, 5,202 members
- London - the best of 30 photos, 3 members
- Amazing architectural photography 431 photos, 126 members
- Time Out London 13,375 photos, 370 members
- The Beauty of London 21,329 photos, 899 members
- Building magazine on Flickr 5,184 photos, 247 members
- Samyang 85mm 1,4 6,316 photos, 925 members
- Bristol Harbourside 142 photos, 20 members
- Yahoo! Your Pictures 32,500 photos, 2,738 members
- Little London Observationist 7,491 photos, 199 members
- In a Magic World 1,848 photos, 467 members
- Bristol Photographers 3,216 photos, 230 members
- Alien Skin Software 8,316 photos, 1,318 members
- Enquire Mag 83,291 photos, 6,493 members
- Digital Photographer Magazine 9,836 photos, 379 members
- Nikon D700 251,332 photos, 13,908 members
- FlickrCentral 6,139,580 photos, 185,111 members
- Taxi! 11,385 photos, 2,434 members
- We Love Bath - Bath in Time Exhibition 207 photos, 78 members
- London Night Life 15,297 photos, 2,833 members
- London Lovers 21,778 photos, 2,182 members
- London Architecture 14,069 photos, 669 members
- London Shot Collective 2,825 photos, 177 members
- 'What Digital Camera' flickr group 50,290 photos, 1,678 members
- Film and Photography LSSC 156 photos, 24 members
- Buildings/Architecture 834,013 photos, 33,304 members
- Architecture 1,167,859 photos, 66,713 members
- My Picure <No Rules: repost> 2,343 photos, 95 members
- British Outdoor Photographer 1,730 photos, 113 members
- South West England 47,376 photos, 886 members
- Bridging the Gap 56,239 photos, 6,991 members
- Guardian Camera Club 26,841 photos, 12,684 members
- Shropshire - Pictures Of A County 15,675 photos, 409 members
- SR-71 Blackbird 1,035 photos, 351 members
- Windmills 23,034 photos, 5,134 members
- Burnham-On-Sea. 1,832 photos, 149 members
- Somerset Photographers 2,920 photos, 70 members
- UNIQUE PHOTOGRAPHS 1,151 photos, 46 members
- Beautiful Somerset 4,503 photos, 188 members
- Somerset 26,844 photos, 1,307 members
- Somerset and Surrounding Areas (UK) 2,696 photos, 152 members
- Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/0.95 for micro four thirds 9,568 photos, 500 members
- TalkUrbex.com 69,010 photos, 1,447 members
- Postcards from Wales 12,368 photos, 571 members
- City and Architecture 11,898 photos, 1,397 members
- theprintspace gallery 31,688 photos, 2,316 members
nina's clicks says:
"Martin is a fantastic photographer. His work is stunning.
His sunset photographs are breathtaking and his architecture shots are awesome. His eye for composition is great, unique.
He is also a great contact, always giving his support and writing meaningful comments.
Keep shooting, best of luck Martin!"
20th March, 2013
"Martin's work is truly inspiring... the way he captures unique shapes and patterns in superbly interesting architecture is a real treat for the eye and is what drew me to his work when I first came across his stream a little over a year ago. There is so much to see in these images and I find myself sitting and staring at them for a long, long time. The colors, tones and light he captures are beautiful too.
I also really love his water images... the work he does with exposure is amazing and something I would love to try some day.
I'm so glad we crossed paths here on Flickr and I wish you the best of luck with your photography Martin. Thank you for your friendship and support and I look forward to more of your amazing work! :-)"
6th October, 2012
Eyecandi - Rob Hawke says:
"Ever since joining Flickr about 18 months ago I have been fasinated by Martins consistent excellent work. There is never a week that goes by without me checking out what you have posted.
Your eye for a shot and your trademark processing have been a constant inspiration to me. I would like to say that I have learnt a lot by following your work, even if I do not get enough opportunities to put it into practice.
I can see great things happening with the new camera, and to be honest I was constantly amazed at the shots you produced with the D90. Just goes to show that it is always the person behind the lens that makes the difference, not the hardware.
Keep up the inspirational great work, I hope we get a chance to meet one day.
1st October, 2012
"If it was possible to fav a flickr contact, Martin would be the first. He is sharing fantastic atmospheric photos with straight composition and an outstanding quality.
His comments are always very kind, although his own skills would allow him to criticize other works very strict.
Martin, keep shooting more fantastic works!!!"
13th September, 2012
Igor Bilic says:
"Martin's photos are from a completely different realm ... haunting and surreal and above all, inspiring.
I wish I was as able to capture geometrical lines the way Martin does.
And btw great website.
17th July, 2012
Mathijs Delva says:
"What can i say about Martin.. He is a fantastic photographer in every aspect. His eye for composition is what strikes me most. Every time he uploads a new photograph, i come to the same conclusion: perfect composition. That, and the fact he mostly shoots nature and architecture, which are my favourite subjects, makes him one of my most inspiring photographers i've been following to date.
He is also extremely helpful when it comes to giving critique, be it positive or negative; and to be honest, that's what keeps this great community alive.
Keep it up!"
12th April, 2012
"Flickr allows you to admire stunning pictures of very talented photographers all around the world and Martin is one of them but I think he stand a little step further ahead... Every picture he load is to me a mind blowing interesting experience. His architecture/structures perspctives are special! Hope to see much more!"
21st November, 2011
"i don't know what else to say, apart from Martin has one of the most interesting and consistent photostreams going"
5th November, 2011
"Martin is not afraid to try something new and keep pushing himself which I see in his ever increasing talent as a photographer."
12th October, 2009
"Martin Turner... Always friendly, helpful and gives leaves contructive criticism when required, which is invaluable to a beginner like me.
As for his photo's...nothing short of superb. Especially his most recent ones taken at Lanhydrock. His shots are always well composed, well exposed and interesting to the viewer. And I certainly think Martin has developed his own style.
Finally, Martin, I'd like to thankyou for all the comments you have left on my photo's and all the encouragement you have given me. Long may it continue!"
23rd September, 2008
- Martin Turner
- May 2006
- Bristol, United Kingdom
- Longer Exposure