If you are looking for the relatively well known, British jazz guitarist, of the same name, I'm sorry, but you're in the wrong place.
This Martin Taylor was born in Blackburn, Lancashire at the tail end of the sixties. He went to school at Ripley St. Thomas, Lancaster. He got his degree in English literature at Ripon, N.Yorks. in '91. Since '94 this Martin Taylor has been a professional geek for the world's second largest software developer. He unintentionally emigrated to California in '95 where he works at the Northern tip of Silicon Valley, and lives in an especially foggy part of San Francisco. He married Patti on New Year's Eve 1999 (his tax accountant thought this romantic, but fiscally foolish) and they bought their first home in 2000.
This Martin Taylor played bass in various bar/pub bands in the UK with inane names like "The Pontardawe Folk Club", "Jungle Ted and the Lacy Button Poppers" and "Worlds Apart". If you were unfortunate enough to have seen any of these bands live, Martin would like to take this opportunity to apologize.
This Martin Taylor hardly ever refers refers to himself in the third person but figured it would be OK just this once.
I have kept a regular photoblog since 2003. I am using flickr as a place to play and not worry so much about photography so much as posting pictures and having fun. What does that mean? I wouldn't post nearly so many pictures of dogs on my photoblog as I do here.
“To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.”
- Elliott Erwitt
Twitter, TheOtherMartin: twitter.com/TheOtherMartin
- iPad Creative. Art and Design. 31,206 photos, 1,148 members
- The Black Keys 992 photos, 154 members
- HDSLRcinema 29 photos, 68 members
- the Hives 734 photos, 136 members
- Alien Skin Software 10,856 photos, 1,553 members
- Sci-Fi Starship Modeling zone 1,419 photos, 202 members
- Parkology 3,439 photos, 168 members
- 3D Highway 13,617 photos, 1,624 members
- ALIENS AND PREDATOR LOVERS 2,696 photos, 381 members
- Recyclart 1,840 photos, 285 members
- Star Wars 47,933 photos, 5,269 members
- Western Lowland Gorilla 3,534 photos, 320 members
- Adobe Photowalk 535 photos, 115 members
- San Francisco Fire Department 771 photos, 55 members
- Only in California 1,316 photos, 262 members
- 365 Moments 2012 4,476 photos, 48 members
- Unicycle! 1,815 photos, 302 members
- Get Olympus 83,421 photos, 1,841 members
- The Outside World 82 photos, 14 members
- My workspace 50 photos, 69 members
- Ibarionex Perello's Chasing the Light 3,157 photos, 291 members
- Audio Recording Studio 6,388 photos, 1,235 members
- Homemade Music 4,404 photos, 844 members
- Faded & Blurred - fadedandblurred.com 3,806 photos, 171 members
- *DIY Photography Equipment 9,006 photos, 7,174 members
- 3D Renderings 6,819 photos, 1,888 members
- Cinematography and life 55 photos, 54 members
- the pocket cinematographer 2,217 photos, 216 members
- Disposable Film Fest 170 photos, 23 members
- Videos taken with an Apple iPhone 800 photos, 293 members
- Camera-wiki.org 59,376 photos, 1,480 members
- 8mm App 60 photos, 22 members
- Ars Imitari 212 photos, 41 members
- 365 Moments 2011 2,429 photos, 20 members
- RC Helicopter - RC Hubschrauber 2,533 photos, 279 members
- Pursuit of all things Nerfly. 493 photos, 164 members
- Martin Mere Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust 5,130 photos, 282 members
- DSLR Video Rigs 233 photos, 75 members
- DIY- Inexpensive Photography 1,386 photos, 497 members
- Sanyo Xacti 854 photos, 119 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,942 members
- Raygun Gothic Rocketship 1,656 photos, 133 members
- Canon 5D Mk II Videos 1,573 photos, 939 members
- Plastic Bullet 5,492 photos, 1,142 members
- Sutro Baths, San Francisco - 2010 SK Photowalk 88 photos, 17 members
- iPhone Video 52 146 photos, 52 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 674,554 photos, 32,029 members
- iPhone 4 Photography 92,338 photos, 3,023 members
- Mazda USA - Official Owners Group 7,161 photos, 1,290 members
- The Official Pano Panorama Group 7,304 photos, 1,700 members
Ivan Makarov says:
"Martin was one of the first people I found when I came on Flickr almost a year ago and I followed his work with great interest. He's got an eye that I think any photographer hope to have and he finds exciting shapes, objects, combinations, colors, angles and messages anywhere he goes. I also admire Martin's overall creativity, considering he spends majority of his time during the week in the Silicon Valley - not the most exciting place for photo opportunities.
Flickr is a much better place for him being here."
8th October, 2007
"It's pretty strange I'm the first person to write a testimonial for "the other" Martin Taylor.
He might not be a well known british jazz guitarist, but he certainly has a great eye, giving a glimpse of San Fran through Lancashire eyes. I love the way he shoots those crisp shadows, the way he composes pics and the breathtaking angles of some of his photos.
Check out his "Street parking" set for a brilliant concept and hidden car-gems, his "Boring grey bridge", "Street lights", "Jumping@shadows" ... well everything really.
Plus his "toys" set for a laugh and contemplation, those Stikfas can be so expressive!
Ah, almost forgot, check the utility set for some giant poster quality shots you just really want on your room wall!"
14th January, 2007
- Martin Taylor
- June 2005
- Lancashire, UK
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer
- the other Martin Taylor