Both the cultured and uncultured public are drawn to what's visually interesting. Humans are hardwired to react to good design. The eye is drawn into a photograph that incorporates elements and principles of design.
Learning the principles and elements of good design is a life-time journey for me. It's a pre-req for my day job (Web Design and Usability) and part of good photography. Not every photograph is an artistic masterpiece or technical genious, sometimes a photograph is pure emotion.
Who spends time staring at boring or uninteresting imagery wishing it was prettier, more inviting, or provocative? Critics. Not me, I would rather not spend time on the unimaginative and drab but move my focus onto something beautiful.
I'm an artistic photographer. Translation=I hate deadlines, being governed by technical rules and conforming to standards. Just kidding. I just described my day job. ;) I've always been an artist. It's a gift and a curse. I've been involved in fine art since 3rd grade. I am a painter, mostly acrylics. I've put down the brush and picked up the camera in recent years and have never been happier. I like shooting macros, editorial portraiture, and all things nature.
I'm always learning and would appreciate positive and constructive feedback to encourage my ability to convey what is beautiful, imaginative, and emotional.
Thanks to all of my contacts, friends and fans of my work for making Flickr one of the most enjoyable indulgences this side of legal.
Canon 7D, Canon 40D, Canon Rebel T3, Canon G7
Canon 17-85mm f/4.0 - 5.6 IS USM
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Canon 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS
Enjoy site at www.marcykellarstudios.com.
View my Explored Photos.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment and view my work! Here is my DNA:
Create your own visitor map!
Photos of thephotographymuse (1)
- New York City 621,701 photos, 44,667 members
- Canon 7D Digital SLR 354,634 photos, 10,028 members
- I ♥ wireframes 1,056 photos, 2,896 members
- UI Design Showcase 567 photos, 723 members
- User Experience Design 198 photos, 209 members
- UX Sketches 157 photos, 290 members
- Information Anxiety 200 photos, 183 members
- UX Errors 79 photos, 295 members
- Guerilla usability 19 photos, 15 members
- Everyday Usability 180 photos, 197 members
- This Is Broken 1,498 photos, 955 members
- #SPSDC - SharePoint Saturday DC 131 photos, 14 members
- Explain IA 60 photos, 397 members
- IA Discuss 275 photos, 534 members
- Usability & Accessibility 201 photos, 230 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 11,846 photos, 3,612 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 10,216 photos, 3,391 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2009: Indianapolis 173 photos, 21 members
- Organized OCD Style 701 photos, 313 members
- SEAVIEW - ALL water pix! 31,643 photos, 1,416 members
- Pregnancy and Birth Photography 1,056 photos, 857 members
- Ten Friends 33,720 photos, 6,031 members
- ±100 AШΑRĐZ for the «5000+» ♥Best♥ Photogs on Flickr!! 163,845 photos, 5,459 members
- Seamless & Cyc 8,088 photos, 2,412 members
- IndyPhotoCoach.com 18,486 photos, 854 members
- B&W Diamond Awards (Post 1, Award 5)-B&W Only - No Frames!! 206,506 photos, 17,757 members
- Roberts Monthly Photo Contest Submissions 6 photos, 34 members
- Art from All Artists 19,310 photos, 857 members
- Kilroys 15 photos, 20 members
- VISUAL ARTS!! 92,789 photos, 7,643 members
- Deeply Missing you 211 photos, 237 members
- Just Jump 18,649 photos, 4,120 members
- Jumping Project 49,729 photos, 28,038 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 77,275 photos, 15,282 members
- Digital Art 189,788 photos, 10,038 members
- COLOUR PRIORITY 98,609 photos, 3,116 members
- "Flickrs Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 268,659 photos, 13,359 members
- Blooming Flowers(Post 1, Comment 5) 45,818 photos, 4,342 members
- FOTOFANATICS 3,569 photos, 664 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 2,027 members
- Mixed Media With ... 995 photos, 309 members
- Project 365 1,681,135 photos, 28,318 members
- Imagination 334,853 photos, 12,441 members
- Fotos Grandiosas! post 2 - award 2 next to yours 26,536 photos, 1,701 members
- Favorite Pictures 69,151 photos, 6,506 members
- Best of Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2008 218 photos, 403 members
- The JURORS / Different Personalities, Different Views (Closed) 6,398 photos, 3,780 members
- ~ A Flower a Day ~ PT 1/CT 1 ~ High Quality Flowers Only 20,107 photos, 2,151 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk: Indianapolis 509 photos, 28 members
- Dreamscape Landscape 1,486 photos, 244 members
Davidson-K Photo says:
"I am fairly new to photography. I am still going through the classes, and have a lot to learn, but your work just stands out so much to me. You photography is inspirational. Thank you."
8th September, 2008
"Beauty is the quality that gives pleasure to the mind or senses. :-)
Beautiful Pictures! You’ve got the POWER!!!"
27th February, 2008
"I think having fun is the most important element in any creative endeavors. Many photographers sometimes get caught in technicalities and details, but Marcy's stream exhibits a photographer who clearly enjoys taking pictures. I thank Marcy for sharing her pictures."
29th January, 2008
Susie Surtees says:
"Marcy is a young woman whose photographic work shows abundant evidence of the hands, heart, and head of a true artist. Her hands and camera create crisply focused, beautifully composed and wonderfully lit images. Her warm heart - in its love of the gift of life on this beautiful planet - is evident in the passion that suffuses all the shots she posts. Her head balances the other two - she's a thinker as well as a feeler, choosing accompanying quotes that explore and explain life's mysteries and the human condition. Her work seems to show that she experiences life with an intensity that can be almost painful for her, and that perhaps by expressing this experience through her photographic art and sharing it with others, she can relieve some of that pain. Thankfully, this pain seems to be intertwined with equal strands of pure joy, also liberally woven through her work. We see her loving appreciation of her everyday experiences and her humour, as well as her meditative moments. Thanks Marcy for the gift of your work. Your muse is working for you, and we thank her for it! (And you like Louis Prima - too much!)"
19th January, 2008
"Well, I finally got all the way thru Marcy's photostream...it is absolutely fantabulous! The compositions, the angles, the lighting, sometimes the titles really hit me. All of the elements in her photos eliciit some sort of feeling, mood, and/or emotion. I'm totally jealous cuz she has a great eye and I think she can "see" shots, angles, perspective, DOF, FOV, and all that stuff. But, it's great photostreams like hers that really help me get better, so for that Marcy I am ever grateful. Thanks so much for posting and sharing your time and talent with the rest of us! =)
14th December, 2007
"Such a natural, creative, artistic eye makes for images that take your breath away. Her consideration of light, colours and backgrounds add amazing dimension to her nature and landscape photographs. Her evocative portraits convey true emotion. A photographer who's work always causes me to stop and reflect...
...see if you agree.
24th November, 2007
the sentimental geek says:
"Honestly, one of the best eyes for composition I have ever met. High energy, fun folio without cynicism."
24th November, 2007
- September 2006
- Fishers, IN
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Solution Architect - Microsoft SharePoint
- Artistic Photography of Marcy Kellar