Both the cultured and uncultured public are drawn to what's visually interesting. Humans are hardwired to react to good design. The eye is drawn into a photograph that incorporates elements and principles of design.
Learning the principles and elements of good design is a life-time journey for me. It's a pre-req for my day job (Web Design and Usability) and part of good photography. Not every photograph is an artistic masterpiece or technical genious, sometimes a photograph is pure emotion.
Who spends time staring at boring or uninteresting imagery wishing it was prettier, more inviting, or provocative? Critics. Not me, I would rather not spend time on the unimaginative and drab but move my focus onto something beautiful.
I'm an artistic photographer. Translation=I hate deadlines, being governed by technical rules and conforming to standards. Just kidding. I just described my day job. ;) I've always been an artist. It's a gift and a curse. I've been involved in fine art since 3rd grade. I am a painter, mostly acrylics. I've put down the brush and picked up the camera in recent years and have never been happier. I like shooting macros, editorial portraiture, and all things nature.
I'm always learning and would appreciate positive and constructive feedback to encourage my ability to convey what is beautiful, imaginative, and emotional.
Thanks to all of my contacts, friends and fans of my work for making Flickr one of the most enjoyable indulgences this side of legal.
Canon 7D, Canon 40D, Canon Rebel T3, Canon G7
Canon 17-85mm f/4.0 - 5.6 IS USM
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Canon 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS
Enjoy site at www.marcykellarstudios.com.
View my Explored Photos.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment and view my work! Here is my DNA:
Create your own visitor map!
Photos of thephotographymuse (1)
- New York City 604,845 photos, 42,139 members
- Canon 7D Digital SLR 343,063 photos, 9,958 members
- I ♥ wireframes 1,018 photos, 2,865 members
- UI Design Showcase 537 photos, 719 members
- User Experience Design 199 photos, 209 members
- UX Sketches 134 photos, 283 members
- Information Anxiety 197 photos, 184 members
- UX Errors 78 photos, 291 members
- Guerilla usability 19 photos, 15 members
- Everyday Usability 179 photos, 197 members
- This Is Broken 1,487 photos, 954 members
- #SPSDC - SharePoint Saturday DC 138 photos, 14 members
- Explain IA 63 photos, 399 members
- IA Discuss 280 photos, 533 members
- Usability & Accessibility 199 photos, 233 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 11,626 photos, 3,561 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 10,233 photos, 3,408 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2009: Indianapolis 173 photos, 21 members
- Organized OCD Style 689 photos, 309 members
- SEAVIEW - ALL water pix! 30,791 photos, 1,406 members
- Pregnancy and Birth Photography 1,054 photos, 859 members
- Ten Friends 33,056 photos, 6,046 members
- ±100 AШΑRĐZ for the «5000+» ♥Best♥ Photogs on Flickr!! 160,970 photos, 5,474 members
- Seamless & Cyc 7,784 photos, 2,401 members
- IndyPhotoCoach.com 19,192 photos, 842 members
- B&W Diamond Awards (Post 1, Award 5)-B&W Only - No Frames!! 200,417 photos, 17,634 members
- Roberts Monthly Photo Contest Submissions 6 photos, 35 members
- Art from All Artists 17,955 photos, 851 members
- Kilroys 13 photos, 20 members
- VISUAL ARTS!! 90,560 photos, 7,635 members
- Deeply Missing you 210 photos, 238 members
- Just Jump 18,603 photos, 4,105 members
- Jumping Project 49,299 photos, 26,804 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 76,663 photos, 15,300 members
- Digital Art 181,153 photos, 9,878 members
- COLOUR PRIORITY 90,369 photos, 2,900 members
- "Flickrs Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 266,786 photos, 13,324 members
- Blooming Flowers(Post 1, Comment 5) 45,678 photos, 4,337 members
- FOTOFANATICS 3,676 photos, 665 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 2,032 members
- Mixed Media With ... 997 photos, 309 members
- Project 365 1,653,410 photos, 27,769 members
- Imagination 320,152 photos, 12,104 members
- Fotos Grandiosas! post 2 - award 2 next to yours 26,351 photos, 1,708 members
- Favorite Pictures 66,720 photos, 6,497 members
- Best of Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2008 218 photos, 404 members
- The JURORS / Different Personalities, Different Views (Closed) 6,432 photos, 3,793 members
- ~ A Flower a Day ~ PT 1/CT 1 ~ High Quality Flowers Only 19,840 photos, 2,147 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk: Indianapolis 509 photos, 28 members
- Dreamscape Landscape 1,481 photos, 245 members
Davidson-K Photo says:
"I am fairly new to photography. I am still going through the classes, and have a lot to learn, but your work just stands out so much to me. You photography is inspirational. Thank you."
8th September, 2008
"Beauty is the quality that gives pleasure to the mind or senses. :-)
Beautiful Pictures! You’ve got the POWER!!!"
27th February, 2008
"I think having fun is the most important element in any creative endeavors. Many photographers sometimes get caught in technicalities and details, but Marcy's stream exhibits a photographer who clearly enjoys taking pictures. I thank Marcy for sharing her pictures."
29th January, 2008
Susie Surtees says:
"Marcy is a young woman whose photographic work shows abundant evidence of the hands, heart, and head of a true artist. Her hands and camera create crisply focused, beautifully composed and wonderfully lit images. Her warm heart - in its love of the gift of life on this beautiful planet - is evident in the passion that suffuses all the shots she posts. Her head balances the other two - she's a thinker as well as a feeler, choosing accompanying quotes that explore and explain life's mysteries and the human condition. Her work seems to show that she experiences life with an intensity that can be almost painful for her, and that perhaps by expressing this experience through her photographic art and sharing it with others, she can relieve some of that pain. Thankfully, this pain seems to be intertwined with equal strands of pure joy, also liberally woven through her work. We see her loving appreciation of her everyday experiences and her humour, as well as her meditative moments. Thanks Marcy for the gift of your work. Your muse is working for you, and we thank her for it! (And you like Louis Prima - too much!)"
19th January, 2008
"Well, I finally got all the way thru Marcy's photostream...it is absolutely fantabulous! The compositions, the angles, the lighting, sometimes the titles really hit me. All of the elements in her photos eliciit some sort of feeling, mood, and/or emotion. I'm totally jealous cuz she has a great eye and I think she can "see" shots, angles, perspective, DOF, FOV, and all that stuff. But, it's great photostreams like hers that really help me get better, so for that Marcy I am ever grateful. Thanks so much for posting and sharing your time and talent with the rest of us! =)
14th December, 2007
"Such a natural, creative, artistic eye makes for images that take your breath away. Her consideration of light, colours and backgrounds add amazing dimension to her nature and landscape photographs. Her evocative portraits convey true emotion. A photographer who's work always causes me to stop and reflect...
...see if you agree.
24th November, 2007
the sentimental geek says:
"Honestly, one of the best eyes for composition I have ever met. High energy, fun folio without cynicism."
24th November, 2007
- September 2006
- Fishers, IN
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Solution Architect - Microsoft SharePoint
- Artistic Photography of Marcy Kellar