Both the cultured and uncultured public are drawn to what's visually interesting. Humans are hardwired to react to good design. The eye is drawn into a photograph that incorporates elements and principles of design.
Learning the principles and elements of good design is a life-time journey for me. It's a pre-req for my day job (Web Design and Usability) and part of good photography. Not every photograph is an artistic masterpiece or technical genious, sometimes a photograph is pure emotion.
Who spends time staring at boring or uninteresting imagery wishing it was prettier, more inviting, or provocative? Critics. Not me, I would rather not spend time on the unimaginative and drab but move my focus onto something beautiful.
I'm an artistic photographer. Translation=I hate deadlines, being governed by technical rules and conforming to standards. Just kidding. I just described my day job. ;) I've always been an artist. It's a gift and a curse. I've been involved in fine art since 3rd grade. I am a painter, mostly acrylics. I've put down the brush and picked up the camera in recent years and have never been happier. I like shooting macros, editorial portraiture, and all things nature.
I'm always learning and would appreciate positive and constructive feedback to encourage my ability to convey what is beautiful, imaginative, and emotional.
Thanks to all of my contacts, friends and fans of my work for making Flickr one of the most enjoyable indulgences this side of legal.
Canon 40D, Canon G7
Canon 17-85mm f/4.0 - 5.6 IS USM
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Canon 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS
Enjoy site at www.marcykellar.com.
View my Explored Photos.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment and view my work! Here is my DNA:
Create your own visitor map!
Photos of thephotographymuse (1)
- New York City 569,275 photos, 37,143 members
- Canon 7D Digital SLR 317,178 photos, 9,815 members
- I ♥ wireframes 1,010 photos, 2,766 members
- UI Design Showcase 520 photos, 703 members
- User Experience Design 200 photos, 199 members
- UX Sketches 134 photos, 274 members
- Information Anxiety 199 photos, 184 members
- UX Errors 78 photos, 283 members
- Guerilla usability 19 photos, 15 members
- Everyday Usability 178 photos, 197 members
- This Is Broken 1,475 photos, 948 members
- #SPSDC - SharePoint Saturday DC 138 photos, 14 members
- Explain IA 64 photos, 398 members
- IA Discuss 279 photos, 530 members
- Usability & Accessibility 199 photos, 231 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 11,164 photos, 3,465 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 10,299 photos, 3,428 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2009: Indianapolis 173 photos, 21 members
- Organized OCD Style 679 photos, 303 members
- SEAVIEW - ALL water pix! 28,890 photos, 1,391 members
- Pregnancy and Birth Photography 1,058 photos, 865 members
- Ten Friends 31,884 photos, 6,085 members
- ±100 AШΑRĐZ for the «5000+» ♥Best♥ Photogs on Flickr!! 154,099 photos, 5,512 members
- Seamless & Cyc 6,915 photos, 2,355 members
- IndyPhotoCoach.com 17,713 photos, 827 members
- B&W Diamond Awards (Post 1, Award 5)-B&W Only - No Frames!! 189,152 photos, 17,338 members
- Roberts Monthly Photo Contest Submissions 8 photos, 35 members
- Art from All Artists 15,472 photos, 824 members
- Kilroys 13 photos, 20 members
- VISUAL ARTS!! 86,692 photos, 7,649 members
- Deeply Missing you 228 photos, 239 members
- Just Jump 18,429 photos, 4,079 members
- Jumping Project 47,941 photos, 24,609 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 76,714 photos, 15,291 members
- Digital Art 164,990 photos, 9,568 members
- COLOUR PRIORITY 79,394 photos, 2,653 members
- "Flickrs Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 260,872 photos, 13,345 members
- Blooming Flowers(Post 1, Comment 5) 45,304 photos, 4,332 members
- FOTOFANATICS 3,621 photos, 670 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 2,050 members
- Mixed Media With ... 992 photos, 312 members
- Project 365 1,620,777 photos, 27,529 members
- Imagination 302,258 photos, 11,640 members
- Fotos Grandiosas! post 2 - award 2 next to yours 25,799 photos, 1,710 members
- Favorite Pictures 63,012 photos, 6,475 members
- Best of Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2008 223 photos, 408 members
- The JURORS / Different Personalities, Different Views (Closed) 6,473 photos, 3,827 members
- ~ A Flower a Day ~ PT 1/CT 1 ~ High Quality Flowers Only 19,379 photos, 2,159 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk: Indianapolis 509 photos, 28 members
- Dreamscape Landscape 1,459 photos, 247 members
Davidson-K Photo says:
"I am fairly new to photography. I am still going through the classes, and have a lot to learn, but your work just stands out so much to me. You photography is inspirational. Thank you."
8th September, 2008
"Beauty is the quality that gives pleasure to the mind or senses. :-)
Beautiful Pictures! You’ve got the POWER!!!"
27th February, 2008
"I think having fun is the most important element in any creative endeavors. Many photographers sometimes get caught in technicalities and details, but Marcy's stream exhibits a photographer who clearly enjoys taking pictures. I thank Marcy for sharing her pictures."
29th January, 2008
Susie Surtees says:
"Marcy is a young woman whose photographic work shows abundant evidence of the hands, heart, and head of a true artist. Her hands and camera create crisply focused, beautifully composed and wonderfully lit images. Her warm heart - in its love of the gift of life on this beautiful planet - is evident in the passion that suffuses all the shots she posts. Her head balances the other two - she's a thinker as well as a feeler, choosing accompanying quotes that explore and explain life's mysteries and the human condition. Her work seems to show that she experiences life with an intensity that can be almost painful for her, and that perhaps by expressing this experience through her photographic art and sharing it with others, she can relieve some of that pain. Thankfully, this pain seems to be intertwined with equal strands of pure joy, also liberally woven through her work. We see her loving appreciation of her everyday experiences and her humour, as well as her meditative moments. Thanks Marcy for the gift of your work. Your muse is working for you, and we thank her for it! (And you like Louis Prima - too much!)"
19th January, 2008
"Well, I finally got all the way thru Marcy's photostream...it is absolutely fantabulous! The compositions, the angles, the lighting, sometimes the titles really hit me. All of the elements in her photos eliciit some sort of feeling, mood, and/or emotion. I'm totally jealous cuz she has a great eye and I think she can "see" shots, angles, perspective, DOF, FOV, and all that stuff. But, it's great photostreams like hers that really help me get better, so for that Marcy I am ever grateful. Thanks so much for posting and sharing your time and talent with the rest of us! =)
14th December, 2007
"Such a natural, creative, artistic eye makes for images that take your breath away. Her consideration of light, colours and backgrounds add amazing dimension to her nature and landscape photographs. Her evocative portraits convey true emotion. A photographer who's work always causes me to stop and reflect...
...see if you agree.
24th November, 2007
the sentimental geek says:
"Honestly, one of the best eyes for composition I have ever met. High energy, fun folio without cynicism."
24th November, 2007
- September 2006
- Fishers, IN
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Solution Architect - Microsoft SharePoint
- Artistic Photography of Marcy Kellar