All of my photos copyrighted. All are available for purchase in full sized files (at reasonable prices) at the following link at ClusterShot:
Hello Fellow Flickr Friends and Enthusiasts!
Greetings from Tempe (near Phoenix), Arizona, USA. We are "The Grand Canyon State" and although the summers are brutally hot, this is a wonderful place to live for the wide open spaces and beauty of the desert grows on you.
I was born in 1950 and grew up in California and ever since I was a child and obtained my first "Brownie" camera back in the 1950's, I've been fascinated with photography. When in High School, I took a photography course, and fell in love with the "dark room" and what you could do with film, like "cropping" - wow! I absolutely loved that class and someday dreamed of having my own dark room.
Through the years I've always had my original 35mm Pentax (circa 1950 model) that I used in high school, and a newer model 35mm, and as career and other obligations took over, I still found time for occasional bursts of film photography, but alas, no dark room ever was created.
Then, digital photography arrived! I didn't need a dark room! I couldn't afford the new digital media cameras, but in early 2003, my brother gave me his old digital Fuji. Although slow by today's standards, it took great photos and I was in love with photography all over again. After I retired from my career in 2005, I acquired a newer faster digital, a Panasonic Lumix, and I so enjoyed using it for it was a vast improvement over the old Fuji.
My dream was to get a 35mm digital, which finally materialized early 2009! I have a lot to learn about how to best use my fantastic new Nikon D80 DSLR. What a dream come true!
In 2006 I discovered Flickr...and now I confess... I am totally addicted. I love looking through my contacts photos and commenting on my favorites, I love posting my photos and receiving encouragement and comments from Flikr members and contacts. I am amazed at the quality of photographers displaying their work on Flickr, and have learned so much from them. Thank you my Flickr friends! What a wonderful place to be for admirers of good and great photography.
I love photographing many subjects, but I think my favorites are from nature, especially flowers, landscapes and animals. I also do enjoy photographing interesting architecture, sculptures, ships and food. As I experiment more with Photoshop, I'm discovering interesting ways to apply treatments. There is so much to learn! (But what fun it is :-)
Please do not post any of my photos to a blog without my permission. All of my photographs are copyrighted and none can be reproduced and/or used publicly in any way without my permission. If you want to use my photos, please contact me via Flickr mail or email@example.com.
All of my photos are available for purchase in full sized files (at reasonable prices) at the following link at ClusterShot:
Thank you so much!
Powered by web analytics company .
Melinda Applegate's Profile
Create Your Badge
Photos of Scandblue (1)
- **AMERICA, AMERICA! (See NEW Gallery INFO) 175,258 photos, 5,241 members
- ☆ LET FREEDOM RING ☆ LETS ROLL... 3,036 photos, 254 members
- 9/11 "Never Forget" 1,003 photos, 271 members
- 10th anniversary of 9/11 464 photos, 236 members
- Post 9/11 project: Life after September 11, 2001 2,201 photos, 718 members
- Remembering September 11, 2001 352 photos, 124 members
- Flickr Contacts 2011 222 photos, 54 members
- pattern (C) man -- pcm 522 photos, 98 members
- Favourite cafes / diners 104 photos, 53 members
- Hunting Taxidermy 171 photos, 28 members
- Taxidermy 5,860 photos, 846 members
- Photography Paradiso 1,837 photos, 164 members
- ARIZONA HOLIDAYS & SPECIAL EVENTS 1,600 photos, 79 members
- Fractalius Factory 3,521 photos, 254 members
- Hotels & Resorts - Around the world 14,325 photos, 1,178 members
- Hotels / 旅館飯店 6,936 photos, 763 members
- Great Hotels of the World 5,860 photos, 849 members
- Luxury Hotels 13,287 photos, 1,112 members
- Hotels 53,515 photos, 5,070 members
- VISUAL ARTS!! 90,834 photos, 7,638 members
- Flickr D.D.P & Friends 186,703 photos, 16,185 members
- Buzz and Bugz ★ Post 1 and Comment 2 ★ 42,986 photos, 4,613 members
- Historic Hotels of America 4,651 photos, 276 members
- Lurchers 6,546 photos, 468 members
- Lurcher Types Galore! 681 photos, 62 members
- WONDERFUL WORLD OF BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE (P1 / A1 ) 58,781 photos, 4,001 members
- FRACTALIUS Super Effects 1,852 photos, 275 members
- Mountain Majesty 6,335 photos, 431 members
- Roadworthy 10,092 photos, 237 members
- Photo Funnies! (post.1/comment.1) 3,404 photos, 1,278 members
- Classic and Vintage Cars 4,705 photos, 169 members
- LOCKED FlickrViews 999+ 121 photos, 40 members
- interesting roadscapes 1,768 photos, 127 members
- Historic City Centres (post 1....1) 75,597 photos, 3,615 members
- The Sweet-toothed Group 656 photos, 115 members
- Wonderful World of Boats post.1/comment.1 10,301 photos, 2,101 members
- Beautiful Nature in Landscape 4,457 photos, 547 members
- The Bicycle 36,472 photos, 2,008 members
- bicycles as art (submit a bicycle pic to be the group icon) 6,351 photos, 764 members
- bicycles x 自転車 35,706 photos, 2,102 members
- Girls On Bicycles! 17,866 photos, 2,317 members
- bicycle_culture 74,468 photos, 4,591 members
- I Want To Ride My Bicycle 59,038 photos, 4,886 members
- Bicycle Friendly 21,136 photos, 1,309 members
- Transportation Of The World 127,193 photos, 1,358 members
- Steel Rails Across North America. 32,144 photos, 201 members
- American Rails 43,872 photos, 293 members
- The Best Train Pictures 11,639 photos, 190 members
- RailwayWorld 163,293 photos, 618 members
- All Trains 57,063 photos, 376 members
"Scandblue is a gifted artist. Her work is perfection. So is she. You could not find a more thoughtful giving soul. She shares her life with two adopted rescue Greyhounds, Dolly and Shooter, her most precious loves. She is a person that shares and cares. Scandblue reached out to me and guided me with her knowledge and love of photography. She opened the doors! Because of her, I now have the special photos that mean so much to me. She took the time to teach this beginner. I am ever so very greatful. A whole new art form has come into my life and I can't thank my dear new friend enough. I am lucky and honored to be her friend.
27th May, 2008
Joel's Goa Pics says:
"Melinda is a perfectionist. Her creative capture encapsulates exacting composition, care for colour besides the choice of subject. I find it rather difficult to select a particular frame to name it my favourite, because every frame has its own special attribute. Yes, her pictures are exceptional indeed!"
21st September, 2007
- Melinda Applegate
- April 2006
- San Diego, California
- Tempe, Arizona, USA
- I am:
- Retired, International Trade Specialist, US Customs & Border Protection