I am a software engineer by profession and recently I have developed interest in photography. I still have lot to learn yet. Pictures you see here are just some of my experiments.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Photos of manitoon (6)
- The Great Mughals 1504-1707 1,866 photos, 151 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 449,174 photos, 16,172 members
- Bahrain البحرين 24,287 photos, 2,674 members
- My Pakistan 50,067 photos, 1,423 members
- 6 Photos – SeriesGroup 57,103 photos, 5,397 members
- Gulf Photographers 6,672 photos, 868 members
- Indus Valley 5,783 photos, 578 members
- Mosques in Pakistan 750 photos, 159 members
- Pakistan Photographers پاکستانی فوٹو گرافرز 111,768 photos, 4,587 members
- Muslim Photographs (Post 2- Comment on any 5) 17,158 photos, 2,095 members
- ..FourSeasons.. 11,452 photos, 1,290 members
- CONCORDIANS 244,316 photos, 7,471 members
- Waterfalls Around the World 71,985 photos, 10,893 members
- Waterfalls 119,929 photos, 16,015 members
- ◄♣♦♠♥ Together ♥♠♦♣► 118,831 photos, 8,607 members
- Pakistani Weddings 321 photos, 274 members
- China 3,707 photos, 447 members
- ColoursMag 3,935 photos, 445 members
- SAARC 29,087 photos, 1,987 members
- LG Viewty Photo Contest 20,606 photos, 6,870 members
- Favorites: 90 1,526 photos, 1,252 members
- New Abstract Vision Group 15,821 photos, 954 members
- fashion lover 910 photos, 336 members
- Pakistan Zindabad! 5,644 photos, 608 members
- Pakistan Photographers Club 79,129 photos, 3,713 members
- Sindh (Mehran) 1,476 photos, 275 members
- 10 million videos 6,919 photos, 608 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 79,339 photos, 5,177 members
- islam denounces terrorism 639 photos, 490 members
- Almuñecar - La Herradura y la Costa Tropical 7,952 photos, 316 members
- La Belle Epoque ca.1890 - ca.1914 incl. ArtDeco and ArtNouveau 16,646 photos, 1,243 members
- SAARC Photographers Club 3,331 photos, 187 members
- Pakistan Punjab 9,008 photos, 567 members
- Fortresses, forts & fortifications of the World (photo guide) 69,369 photos, 4,900 members
- World Culture 79,249 photos, 3,454 members
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites 107,387 photos, 5,304 members
- Fine Find! 24,368 photos, 930 members
- Lights by Day 1,298 photos, 2,867 members
- Karachi Photographers Group کراچی فوٹوگرافرز 18,630 photos, 902 members
- Holga Action Link 5 photos, 55 members
- photorater - Rate Photos! 2,488 photos, 370 members
- Holga PhotoShop Action Group 31 photos, 183 members
- World Wide Photographers 136,617 photos, 7,325 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 163,328 photos, 17,118 members
- Sohni Dherti Pakistan 3,917 photos, 146 members
- Abu DhaBi 5,630 photos, 2,330 members
- Give me your best shot!(Post 1-Invite 1) 31,918 photos, 2,213 members
- The Gallery / La Galería - by Invite 434 photos, 731 members
- FLICKR'S EXQUISITE SHOTS (Invite Only! Award 3) 15,302 photos, 5,126 members
- Mosques From Around The Globe 8,519 photos, 1,024 members
"umm Mani g kiya likhoon, while his stay in Dubai i found him very punctual, friendly, some time serious, most of the time humorous :P and creative. He has an excellent eye which you can feel in his artwork. He will guide you without any hesitation. I always learning so many things from him, love you mani :) (note: love brotherhood wala samjhnaa kuch aor nahee heheheheh :D )"
25th May, 2008
Engineer J says:
"When I started talking on flickrmail to manitoon on a summer noon, my first interaction with him, i never thought that we will go far together for next many seasons. I hope to see many sides of his multi dimensional talent in future. He is the only person i have met the most from a flickr point of view. Alway responsive to my questions and invitations, i found meeting him a refreshing experience. Ending my testimonial here would be plain injustice so here goes some more. Needless to say how he manages difficult situations with his "cool" thoughts. Always inspiring, his pics are a candid representation of his control over camera, yet bearing a mark for the effort he puts in his work. Rock on, brother."
30th July, 2007
Mayank Austen Soofi says:
"Can Mr. Usman Ahmed aka Manitoon be called Lahore's unofficial portrait-painter? Many of his pictures effectively capture the romance, uniqueness and flamboyancy of his home town. But what about his powerful images of mountains and mustard fields? They are so evocative of the place, so full with the flavour of the location, that they virtually transport his "readers" to those impossible destinations. Perhaps the label of Nature Photographer suits him better then. But is it easy to dismiss his pulsating shots of horses and polo games – frozen in motion? (Can he be a sports photographer, also?) Again, what about his enchanting portrait of cunning cats staring into your eyes? And then there is that magical picture of a glass-fronted office complex that appears to be moving against a background of blue sky. Oh, just how will we define the art of Mr. Ahmed? But do we need to? Let's simply sit back and enjoy…with eyes open of course."
21st March, 2007
"Ok, my first testimonial for anyone. Consider it an honour Usman. :-)
I like Usman's photos and his personality. Though I've only had two occasions (maybe three) to meet him, he has a very pleasing way of conducting himself. You don't have to talk too much to make a point or come out as being intelligent and Usman does it to the tee. I especially like his way of sitting in a group and letting others do the talking while he lets his work speak for him.
His photos of course speak a lot. He has a great eye for detail but the real reason I like his photos is that in the same shooting situations I'd probably take similar photos, I think photographically we think alike, though i'm not sure if that's praise or not. :-)"
5th October, 2006
Waheed Khalid says:
have a cigar
ur gonna go far
2nd September, 2006
Max Loxton says:
""What an amazing talent! I had the distinct pleasure of both shooting with this extraordinary talent as well as being a friend now. He is a genius, he picks up things very quickly and you can see with his photos.
I can tell you first-hand that his shots need very little post-processing. They are spot-on. For a person who has just started photography a couple of months back, the work that he is producing is amazing at least for me.
I must say that he has "the eye". I swear he has two, but nevertheless, he is the genuine article. I love his architectural shots - the one at Masjid Wazir khan especially. Also some of my favorites are ones when we were trying some run of mill shots and he tried some new angle. If only we all had such luck."
10th May, 2006
- Usman Ahmed
- October 2005
- Lahore, Pakistan
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer