I am a software engineer by profession and recently I have developed interest in photography. I still have lot to learn yet. Pictures you see here are just some of my experiments.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Photos of manitoon (5)
- The Great Mughals 1504-1707 1,778 photos, 146 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 398,246 photos, 14,803 members
- Bahrain البحرين 23,879 photos, 2,672 members
- My Pakistan 47,104 photos, 1,372 members
- 6 Photos – SeriesGroup 53,711 photos, 5,437 members
- Gulf Photographers 6,639 photos, 869 members
- Indus Valley 5,189 photos, 575 members
- Mosques in Pakistan 715 photos, 155 members
- Pakistan Photographers پاکستانی فوٹو گرافرز 107,006 photos, 4,467 members
- Muslim Photographs (Post 2- Comment on any 5) 16,569 photos, 2,064 members
- ..FourSeasons.. 11,174 photos, 1,296 members
- CONCORDIANS 238,184 photos, 7,514 members
- Waterfalls Around the World 69,012 photos, 10,752 members
- Waterfalls 112,330 photos, 15,489 members
- ◄♣♦♠♥ Together ♥♠♦♣► 112,835 photos, 8,638 members
- Pakistani Weddings 331 photos, 255 members
- China 3,483 photos, 399 members
- ColoursMag 3,906 photos, 449 members
- SAARC 27,063 photos, 1,959 members
- LG Viewty Photo Contest 20,796 photos, 6,900 members
- Favorites: 90 885 photos, 1,161 members
- New Abstract Vision Group 15,969 photos, 962 members
- fashion lover 896 photos, 335 members
- Pakistan Zindabad! 4,771 photos, 579 members
- Pakistan Photographers Club 74,525 photos, 3,535 members
- Sindh (Mehran) 1,473 photos, 273 members
- 10 million videos 6,635 photos, 597 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 76,197 photos, 5,196 members
- islam denounces terrorism 616 photos, 489 members
- Almuñecar - La Herradura y la Costa Tropical 8,096 photos, 318 members
- La Belle Epoque ca.1890 - ca.1914 incl. ArtDeco and ArtNouveau 16,287 photos, 1,240 members
- SAARC Photographers Club 3,302 photos, 184 members
- Pakistan Punjab 8,716 photos, 539 members
- Fortresses, forts & fortifications of the World (photo guide) 66,659 photos, 4,802 members
- World Culture 74,706 photos, 3,373 members
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites 100,687 photos, 5,137 members
- Fine Find! 23,344 photos, 937 members
- Lights by Day 1,310 photos, 2,887 members
- Karachi Photographers Group کراچی فوٹوگرافرز 17,862 photos, 892 members
- Holga Action Link 6 photos, 55 members
- photorater - Rate Photos! 2,545 photos, 369 members
- Holga PhotoShop Action Group 31 photos, 184 members
- World Wide Photographers 127,092 photos, 7,226 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 160,520 photos, 17,112 members
- Sohni Dherti Pakistan 3,320 photos, 140 members
- Abu DhaBi 5,631 photos, 2,336 members
- Give me your best shot!(Post 1-Invite 1) 29,489 photos, 2,232 members
- The Gallery / La Galería - by Invite 452 photos, 734 members
- FLICKR'S EXQUISITE SHOTS (Invite Only! Award 3) 15,518 photos, 5,191 members
- Mosques From Around The Globe 7,604 photos, 945 members
"umm Mani g kiya likhoon, while his stay in Dubai i found him very punctual, friendly, some time serious, most of the time humorous :P and creative. He has an excellent eye which you can feel in his artwork. He will guide you without any hesitation. I always learning so many things from him, love you mani :) (note: love brotherhood wala samjhnaa kuch aor nahee heheheheh :D )"
25th May, 2008
Engineer J says:
"When I started talking on flickrmail to manitoon on a summer noon, my first interaction with him, i never thought that we will go far together for next many seasons. I hope to see many sides of his multi dimensional talent in future. He is the only person i have met the most from a flickr point of view. Alway responsive to my questions and invitations, i found meeting him a refreshing experience. Ending my testimonial here would be plain injustice so here goes some more. Needless to say how he manages difficult situations with his "cool" thoughts. Always inspiring, his pics are a candid representation of his control over camera, yet bearing a mark for the effort he puts in his work. Rock on, brother."
30th July, 2007
Mayank Austen Soofi says:
"Can Mr. Usman Ahmed aka Manitoon be called Lahore's unofficial portrait-painter? Many of his pictures effectively capture the romance, uniqueness and flamboyancy of his home town. But what about his powerful images of mountains and mustard fields? They are so evocative of the place, so full with the flavour of the location, that they virtually transport his "readers" to those impossible destinations. Perhaps the label of Nature Photographer suits him better then. But is it easy to dismiss his pulsating shots of horses and polo games – frozen in motion? (Can he be a sports photographer, also?) Again, what about his enchanting portrait of cunning cats staring into your eyes? And then there is that magical picture of a glass-fronted office complex that appears to be moving against a background of blue sky. Oh, just how will we define the art of Mr. Ahmed? But do we need to? Let's simply sit back and enjoy…with eyes open of course."
21st March, 2007
"Ok, my first testimonial for anyone. Consider it an honour Usman. :-)
I like Usman's photos and his personality. Though I've only had two occasions (maybe three) to meet him, he has a very pleasing way of conducting himself. You don't have to talk too much to make a point or come out as being intelligent and Usman does it to the tee. I especially like his way of sitting in a group and letting others do the talking while he lets his work speak for him.
His photos of course speak a lot. He has a great eye for detail but the real reason I like his photos is that in the same shooting situations I'd probably take similar photos, I think photographically we think alike, though i'm not sure if that's praise or not. :-)"
5th October, 2006
Waheed Khalid says:
have a cigar
ur gonna go far
2nd September, 2006
Max Loxton says:
""What an amazing talent! I had the distinct pleasure of both shooting with this extraordinary talent as well as being a friend now. He is a genius, he picks up things very quickly and you can see with his photos.
I can tell you first-hand that his shots need very little post-processing. They are spot-on. For a person who has just started photography a couple of months back, the work that he is producing is amazing at least for me.
I must say that he has "the eye". I swear he has two, but nevertheless, he is the genuine article. I love his architectural shots - the one at Masjid Wazir khan especially. Also some of my favorites are ones when we were trying some run of mill shots and he tried some new angle. If only we all had such luck."
10th May, 2006
- Usman Ahmed
- October 2005
- Lahore, Pakistan
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer