I'm fairly new to photography - particularly digital photography - and I'm really enjoying it! I started off nearly four years ago by purchasing a budget digital camera - a Kodak EasyShare C713 Zoom camera for around £50 - which is a neat little budget camera.
However after a while it became apparent that I needed a better quality digital camera, and I put out a request for a Panasonic Lumix camera with a wide-angle lens. Eighteen long months passed, and I was very generously given a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ6 digital camera (a fantastic piece of kit with a 25mm wide-angle lens)!
I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) which currently severely restricts my ability to work, and inevitably also affects my ability to actually venture out and about to go and take photographs.
My photography journey began by taking photographs of social housing (both council housing and housing association properties). I am interested in social housing in the UK, partly through having been a social housing tenant myself since December 2004. During this time I've lived in three different social-rented properties; two of them owned and managed by a housing association and the third (and current) owned and managed by the local council.
Along the way I've found myself taking pictures of street signs; electricity meters; intercoms; mountain bikes; a disused factory; you name it I've probably got it somewhere here. I've also taken shots of graffiti and street art, which I've stumbled across on my travels.
From December 2010 to present, I've also been taking photographs of public buildings e.g. a mental health unit, emergency ambulances, and other community organisations such as criminal justice centres, JobCentre offices etc.
I hope you enjoy my Flickr site.
- I'm Unique & creative 11,642 photos, 776 members
- Undertakers, Funeral Parlors, Mortuaries, &c : Everywhere 2,575 photos, 404 members
- Children of The World 49,500 photos, 4,866 members
- Make Roads Safe 58 photos, 31 members
- Camper Vans 2,018 photos, 153 members
- Caravans of love 51 photos, 12 members
- gypsy world 278 photos, 44 members
- Natural Oxfordshire 3,035 photos, 169 members
- Police photos (UK only) 21,229 photos, 1,163 members
- ★~Rainbows~★ 6,258 photos, 1,686 members
- Colour Mania 87,055 photos, 10,727 members
- Odd, Head Scratching, Shots 1,669 photos, 131 members
- Somewhat Strange... 21,385 photos, 753 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 103,564 photos, 3,353 members
- Car Parts and Details 11,938 photos, 409 members
- Hubcaps 792 photos, 45 members
- WarwickshireHER Flickr Project-Imaging our past and present 758 photos, 55 members
- Social Landscapes - Unpopulated 18,526 photos, 508 members
- Housing & Houses 283 photos, 13 members
- social housing from france and beyond 5,509 photos, 267 members
- Pubs 27,965 photos, 728 members
- Urban Faithscape 734 photos, 90 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 328,188 photos, 10,728 members
- Flags, Flags, Flags 8,627 photos, 2,015 members
- Odd Security 43 photos, 33 members
- Buildings - Around the World 50,320 photos, 1,272 members
- Youth culture 1,249 photos, 98 members
- Leamington Looks Back 258 photos, 51 members
- Satellite dishes 566 photos, 194 members
- Derelict UK 27,234 photos, 1,521 members
- House Abandoned 7,324 photos, 555 members
- REAL LIVING 2,431 photos, 257 members
- Pictures of houses 605 photos, 44 members
- Solar Energy | Solar Power | Renewable Energy 387 photos, 173 members
- British Isles Emergency Services 61,302 photos, 419 members
- Critical Condition: Health, Medicine, and Survival 3,547 photos, 907 members
- ~Everything =^.^= Animal ~ 2,784 photos, 149 members
- Anything Goes No Limits 84,561 photos, 688 members
- Anything Emergency UK 9,140 photos, 54 members
- Panasonic Lumix Users 152,622 photos, 3,338 members
- Panasonic Lumix 52,365 photos, 706 members
- Emergency Vehicles 95,341 photos, 915 members
- Warwick, England 357 photos, 34 members
- Health Care 3,676 photos, 456 members
- Architectural Paparazzi 8,913 photos, 236 members
- Abandonment & Loneliness 732 photos, 58 members
- Public Service / Emergency Vehicles 10,586 photos, 71 members
- NHS England 4,763 photos, 100 members
- Hospitals UK 162 photos, 23 members
- Ambulance 26,044 photos, 807 members
lydia_shiningbrightly doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2008
- Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Social Care worker (currently unable to work due to disability)