I'm fairly new to photography - particularly digital photography - and I'm really enjoying it! I started off nearly four years ago by purchasing a budget digital camera - a Kodak EasyShare C713 Zoom camera for around £50 - which is a neat little budget camera.
However after a while it became apparent that I needed a better quality digital camera, and I put out a request for a Panasonic Lumix camera with a wide-angle lens. Eighteen long months passed, and I was very generously given a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ6 digital camera (a fantastic piece of kit with a 25mm wide-angle lens)!
I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) which currently severely restricts my ability to work, and inevitably also affects my ability to actually venture out and about to go and take photographs.
My photography journey began by taking photographs of social housing (both council housing and housing association properties). I am interested in social housing in the UK, partly through having been a social housing tenant myself since December 2004. During this time I've lived in three different social-rented properties; two of them owned and managed by a housing association and the third (and current) owned and managed by the local council.
Along the way I've found myself taking pictures of street signs; electricity meters; intercoms; mountain bikes; a disused factory; you name it I've probably got it somewhere here. I've also taken shots of graffiti and street art, which I've stumbled across on my travels.
From December 2010 to present, I've also been taking photographs of public buildings e.g. a mental health unit, emergency ambulances, and other community organisations such as criminal justice centres, JobCentre offices etc.
I hope you enjoy my Flickr site.
- I'm Unique & creative 11,449 photos, 776 members
- Undertakers, Funeral Parlors, Mortuaries, &c : Everywhere 1,150 photos, 403 members
- Children of The World 44,173 photos, 4,509 members
- Make Roads Safe 58 photos, 31 members
- Camper Vans 2,111 photos, 149 members
- Caravans of love 70 photos, 12 members
- gypsy world 287 photos, 45 members
- Natural Oxfordshire 2,991 photos, 165 members
- Police photos (UK only) 21,110 photos, 1,134 members
- ★~Rainbows~★ 6,191 photos, 1,680 members
- Colour Mania 77,829 photos, 10,200 members
- Odd, Head Scratching, Shots 1,588 photos, 129 members
- Somewhat Strange... 20,500 photos, 747 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 96,835 photos, 3,179 members
- Car Parts and Details 11,780 photos, 405 members
- Hubcaps 766 photos, 45 members
- WarwickshireHER Flickr Project-Imaging our past and present 725 photos, 55 members
- Social Landscapes - Unpopulated 16,914 photos, 470 members
- Housing & Houses 283 photos, 11 members
- social housing from france and beyond 5,417 photos, 263 members
- Pubs 27,547 photos, 712 members
- Urban Faithscape 729 photos, 89 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 312,891 photos, 10,500 members
- Flags, Flags, Flags 8,318 photos, 1,954 members
- Odd Security 43 photos, 33 members
- Buildings - Around the World 46,232 photos, 1,163 members
- Youth culture 1,203 photos, 96 members
- Leamington Looks Back 258 photos, 50 members
- Satellite dishes 554 photos, 190 members
- Derelict UK 26,640 photos, 1,452 members
- House Abandoned 6,871 photos, 528 members
- REAL LIVING 2,412 photos, 254 members
- Pictures of houses 603 photos, 44 members
- Solar Energy | Solar Power | Renewable Energy 353 photos, 165 members
- British Isles Emergency Services 58,047 photos, 393 members
- Critical Condition: Health, Medicine, and Survival 3,533 photos, 902 members
- ~Everything =^.^= Animal ~ 2,720 photos, 149 members
- Anything Goes No Limits 78,624 photos, 660 members
- Anything Emergency UK 7,702 photos, 50 members
- Panasonic Lumix Users 147,909 photos, 3,337 members
- Panasonic Lumix 51,092 photos, 709 members
- Emergency Vehicles 93,519 photos, 896 members
- Warwick, England 354 photos, 34 members
- Health Care 3,542 photos, 449 members
- Architectural Paparazzi 8,300 photos, 230 members
- Abandonment & Loneliness 713 photos, 56 members
- Public Service / Emergency Vehicles 10,047 photos, 68 members
- NHS England 4,555 photos, 88 members
- Hospitals UK 152 photos, 21 members
- Ambulance 26,189 photos, 791 members
lydia_shiningbrightly doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2008
- Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Social Care worker (currently unable to work due to disability)