- PLM 2011 179 photos, 9 members
- ALAannual11 2,552 photos, 183 members
- Library Renewal 30 photos, 3 members
- The Future We'll Make: TEDxChange Photo Campaign 981 photos, 203 members
- Ploughman's Lunch 553 photos, 93 members
- Whiffies Fried Pies 170 photos, 21 members
- ExperienceWA (Washington State Tourism Photos) 102,559 photos, 2,462 members
- T is for Training 76 photos, 14 members
- Colour Chart 3,317 photos, 2,034 members
- Library 101 614 photos, 67 members
- ALAannual2009 795 photos, 171 members
- ALA Annual 2009 Chicago 292 photos, 20 members
- Michael Jackson 2,753 photos, 1,353 members
- Pop culture 61,940 photos, 3,913 members
- Tribute to Michael Jackson 3,328 photos, 1,430 members
- Geek the Library 3,082 photos, 212 members
- Sign of the Cow (Giant Cows & Signage) 616 photos, 415 members
- Fail play 9 photos, 5 members
- PhotoChallenge.org 14,983 photos, 1,799 members
- Google Street View Cars 918 photos, 497 members
- ROTHKOesque 10,649 photos, 6,199 members
- People Wearing Cindi's Glasses 9 photos, 17 members
- /geeks 50,636 photos, 4,653 members
- Librarian Shoes 452 photos, 167 members
- Librarian Yearbook Photos 6 photos, 7 members
- WoW Libraries and Librarians Guild Photos 586 photos, 24 members
- Folger Shakespeare Library 60 photos, 24 members
- Missouri Libraries, Librarians, Events, etc 1,145 photos, 56 members
- ALA TechSource TechShots 174 photos, 101 members
- ALAAnnual2008 982 photos, 169 members
- gaming @ your library 348 photos, 137 members
- NLW - Day in the Life of SC Libraries Photo Contest 2008 26 photos, 30 members
- Libraries and Librarians With XO Laptops 39 photos, 14 members
- 80s! 11,276 photos, 1,642 members
- Memories of the Crocodile 294 photos, 15 members
- ALAMidwinter08 499 photos, 123 members
- Geocaching 19,298 photos, 2,067 members
- Vintage Computers 5,513 photos, 1,051 members
- Librarians in Showercaps 31 photos, 23 members
- 2012 Library Summer Reading Programs 3,453 photos, 119 members
- Online Community Conferences and Unconferences 50 photos, 3 members
- OCLC 31 photos, 4 members
- Library 2.0 208 photos, 158 members
- Red, Black & White 4,574 photos, 781 members
- Star Wars 49,559 photos, 5,359 members
- Cut Me, Wicked Servant... 413 photos, 272 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,358 photos, 17,880 members
- NLW - Day in the Life of SC Libraries 28 photos, 37 members
- Sustainable Seattle! 510 photos, 98 members
- Me and My Books 170 photos, 80 members
"Me gusta Libraryman muchisimo!
1st April, 2008
Sarah Mae says:
"Libraryman is a kick-ass photographer and advocate for 21st century libraries. He has also survived the Delete Me group to gain a spot in the Vault. Quite commendable."
15th August, 2007
"Hey, here's a superhero with energy. Reams, stacks and archives of energy! I got hooked to Flickr after being inspired by his Web2.0 presentation at the Internet 2006 Librarian Conference in Monterey. Thanks, Libraryman! You saved the day!"
11th January, 2007
""Libraryman" is not your typical LIS techie. Yes, he loves his tech toys, and he shows with great humor and enthusiasm, but he keeps reminding librarians why these are important as we try to revision libraries in the present and future."
19th November, 2006
Kymberlee della Luce says:
"Michael has the rare gift of celebrating the myriad wonders of life with his photos. I am always delighted to see new photos from him and eagerly "open" them like presents on Christmas morning.
His work shows his attention to detail, the lush sensuality that life has to offer and the warmth and absurdity that are always waiting for us if we look for it.
Thank you, Libraryman, for cataloging your life with such beauty and wonder. I am grateful for the opportunity to see life through your eyes."
8th October, 2005
Random Factor says:
"Libraryman has no bones, but rather is composed of a series of fluid-filled bladders surrounded by a hard exoskeleton. Libraryman can turn light switches on and off with the power of his mind. Libraryman has the Buddha Nature as well as a Tombstone Disposition. Libraryman will kill you three times before you hit the floor. Do not taunt Libraryman."
7th July, 2005
"libraryman has a great eye for the absurd and a wonderful sense of humor. i just completely admire him, from afar. *sniff*"
6th July, 2005
"It was the frolicking in the Tuscan field of poppies beneath the bright spring sun that haunts me to this day.
I tried to believe it was just the Brunello, but I knew that wasn't true. It was the sparkle in Libraryman's eyes when he spoke of cataloging, his endless quest for the perfect answer to an obscure reference question. Yes, it was his thirst for knowledge (and wine)."
2nd June, 2005
oh dr. jack says:
"Libraryman and I have travelled the Orient together and I have been with him since he was sreaming in his crib as a wee lad. He is a survivor and a Renaissance Man; he has a kind heart and a perverse sense of humor and is man enough to love Poodles. It is always a treat to hang with him. 'Nuff said."
1st June, 2005
"Libraryman and I have traveled the states together, and I can tell you here and now he is a gentleman and a soldier. His love and knowledge of art, food, libraries, and wine is unabashed, and in terms of men's shoes, his style and flair know no peer. He's handy with a camera, too. And a razor."
17th April, 2005
- Michael Porter
- February 2005
- Seattle, USA
- I am:
- The Libraryman Blog