- PLM 2011 179 photos, 7 members
- ALAannual11 2,521 photos, 184 members
- Library Renewal 30 photos, 3 members
- The Future We'll Make: TEDxChange Photo Campaign 981 photos, 205 members
- Ploughman's Lunch 521 photos, 87 members
- Whiffies Fried Pies 170 photos, 21 members
- ExperienceWA (Washington State Tourism Photos) 96,311 photos, 2,375 members
- T is for Training 76 photos, 14 members
- Colour Chart 3,369 photos, 2,049 members
- Library 101 622 photos, 67 members
- ALAannual2009 801 photos, 171 members
- ALA Annual 2009 Chicago 294 photos, 20 members
- Michael Jackson 2,801 photos, 1,343 members
- Pop culture 55,646 photos, 3,874 members
- Tribute to Michael Jackson 3,306 photos, 1,437 members
- Geek the Library 2,782 photos, 193 members
- Sign of the Cow (Giant Cows & Signage) 636 photos, 416 members
- Fail play 9 photos, 5 members
- PhotoChallenge.org 14,579 photos, 1,620 members
- Google Street View Cars 941 photos, 492 members
- ROTHKOesque 9,870 photos, 3,971 members
- People Wearing Cindi's Glasses 9 photos, 17 members
- /geeks 46,580 photos, 4,545 members
- Librarian Shoes 456 photos, 165 members
- Librarian Yearbook Photos 6 photos, 7 members
- WoW Libraries and Librarians Guild Photos 586 photos, 23 members
- Folger Shakespeare Library 60 photos, 23 members
- Missouri Libraries, Librarians, Events, etc 1,145 photos, 57 members
- ALA TechSource TechShots 151 photos, 100 members
- ALAAnnual2008 981 photos, 169 members
- gaming @ your library 348 photos, 137 members
- NLW - Day in the Life of SC Libraries Photo Contest 2008 27 photos, 30 members
- Libraries and Librarians With XO Laptops 40 photos, 14 members
- 80s! 10,475 photos, 1,611 members
- Memories of the Crocodile 265 photos, 14 members
- ALAMidwinter08 499 photos, 123 members
- GeoCaching 19,533 photos, 2,060 members
- Vintage Computers 5,183 photos, 1,019 members
- Librarians in Showercaps 31 photos, 23 members
- 2012 Library Summer Reading Programs 3,484 photos, 119 members
- Online Community Conferences and Unconferences 50 photos, 3 members
- OCLC 31 photos, 4 members
- Library 2.0 199 photos, 159 members
- Red, Black & White 4,356 photos, 751 members
- Star Wars 45,605 photos, 5,158 members
- Cut Me, Wicked Servant... 423 photos, 271 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,453 photos, 17,984 members
- NLW - Day in the Life of SC Libraries 28 photos, 37 members
- Sustainable Seattle! 498 photos, 99 members
- Me and My Books 178 photos, 80 members
"Me gusta Libraryman muchisimo!
1st April, 2008
Sarah Mae says:
"Libraryman is a kick-ass photographer and advocate for 21st century libraries. He has also survived the Delete Me group to gain a spot in the Vault. Quite commendable."
15th August, 2007
"Hey, here's a superhero with energy. Reams, stacks and archives of energy! I got hooked to Flickr after being inspired by his Web2.0 presentation at the Internet 2006 Librarian Conference in Monterey. Thanks, Libraryman! You saved the day!"
11th January, 2007
""Libraryman" is not your typical LIS techie. Yes, he loves his tech toys, and he shows with great humor and enthusiasm, but he keeps reminding librarians why these are important as we try to revision libraries in the present and future."
19th November, 2006
Kymberlee della Luce says:
"Michael has the rare gift of celebrating the myriad wonders of life with his photos. I am always delighted to see new photos from him and eagerly "open" them like presents on Christmas morning.
His work shows his attention to detail, the lush sensuality that life has to offer and the warmth and absurdity that are always waiting for us if we look for it.
Thank you, Libraryman, for cataloging your life with such beauty and wonder. I am grateful for the opportunity to see life through your eyes."
8th October, 2005
Random Factor says:
"Libraryman has no bones, but rather is composed of a series of fluid-filled bladders surrounded by a hard exoskeleton. Libraryman can turn light switches on and off with the power of his mind. Libraryman has the Buddha Nature as well as a Tombstone Disposition. Libraryman will kill you three times before you hit the floor. Do not taunt Libraryman."
7th July, 2005
"libraryman has a great eye for the absurd and a wonderful sense of humor. i just completely admire him, from afar. *sniff*"
6th July, 2005
"It was the frolicking in the Tuscan field of poppies beneath the bright spring sun that haunts me to this day.
I tried to believe it was just the Brunello, but I knew that wasn't true. It was the sparkle in Libraryman's eyes when he spoke of cataloging, his endless quest for the perfect answer to an obscure reference question. Yes, it was his thirst for knowledge (and wine)."
2nd June, 2005
oh dr. jack says:
"Libraryman and I have travelled the Orient together and I have been with him since he was sreaming in his crib as a wee lad. He is a survivor and a Renaissance Man; he has a kind heart and a perverse sense of humor and is man enough to love Poodles. It is always a treat to hang with him. 'Nuff said."
1st June, 2005
"Libraryman and I have traveled the states together, and I can tell you here and now he is a gentleman and a soldier. His love and knowledge of art, food, libraries, and wine is unabashed, and in terms of men's shoes, his style and flair know no peer. He's handy with a camera, too. And a razor."
17th April, 2005
- Michael Porter
- February 2005
- Seattle, USA
- I am:
- The Libraryman Blog