Flickr isn't what is used to be
- Foam Trip (now closed) 2,409 photos, 432 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 303 photos, 295 members
- Humanistic 7,971 photos, 1,970 members
- Holy Ghost Zine 100,181 photos, 3,926 members
- Instruction #1 362 photos, 1,538 members
- Photopol.us 7,441 photos, 325 members
- FILM-INDIA 4,478 photos, 416 members
- Middle Eastern Social Documentary Photography 915 photos, 572 members
- theprintspace gallery 31,675 photos, 2,316 members
- Wooster Collective 447,821 photos, 6,892 members
- This is Pune 12 photos, 6 members
- #Classified 106 photos, 298 members
- blindboys.org 1 photo, 3 members
- Documentary Photography / Photojournalism 35,620 photos, 3,056 members
- Folklore, etnography - Фольклор, этнография 1,433 photos, 64 members
- Mumbai Weekend Shoot (MWS) 46,950 photos, 2,895 members
- INDIA BY INDIANS 262 photos, 93 members
- Lets Travel Together 21,250 photos, 1,426 members
- Publish and be Damned! - TEARSHEETS 278 photos, 459 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 15,925 members
- Portra 108,740 photos, 7,420 members
- Medium Format 637,544 photos, 24,266 members
- Mamiya 7 and 7II 26,388 photos, 2,241 members
- Mamiya Love (FILM ONLY) 83,984 photos, 5,861 members
- PLATEFORM magazine 52,276 photos, 2,248 members
- Hong Kong Nostalgia 懷舊香港 35,222 photos, 2,630 members
- ToXiC CoLoRS 23,671 photos, 1,759 members
- THE WORLD’S LEADING YOUNG PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY COMMUNITY 12,526 photos, 1,364 members
- basmati - authentic help 50 photos, 4 members
- Shoot A Cop! 1,305 photos, 285 members
- STD ISD PCO 42 photos, 7 members
- Bowlers 135 photos, 838 members
- Photos for the Photojojo Book! 847 photos, 313 members
- New Indian Express Photo. 3,676 photos, 372 members
- now stop 131 photos, 285 members
- imagery crisis 2,525 photos, 259 members
- come together 1,815 photos, 149 members
- Idealist Photographers 135 photos, 40 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,520 photos, 5,081 members
- Shiva's Wheels! (Indian vehicles) 2,279 photos, 289 members
- The WACC Photographic Competition 2009 1,279 photos, 933 members
- Top 20 Decay Photos 19 photos, 488 members
- Unique - One of a Kind 4,695 photos, 188 members
- nowomansland 3,726 photos, 384 members
- Lonely Planet Publications: Photobook 157,788 photos, 6,954 members
- "Smörgåsbord" (Unlimited Posting - Award 3) 312,870 photos, 4,784 members
- openDemocracy group 69 photos, 19 members
- Sunday 888 photos, 124 members
- india kitsch 170 photos, 53 members
- quirky india 953 photos, 48 members
penelope gan says:
"I was converted instantly to an Akshay fan the moment I stumbled upon your stream. Beautiful genuine work. Amazing writing. Truly talented. Thanks for sharing."
8th November, 2008
"akshay is my favourite"
9th December, 2008
Bombay Addict says:
"He's just brilliant and he's gonna a long, long way. It's just an absolute delight to see his photos."
6th July, 2008
"The work of lecercle is not only inspiring, it is also important. He takes us to places and shows us things we need to see; he introduces us to people we need to meet. His work is earthy and awesome. Thank you."
12th April, 2008
"I love your images, especially your black and white. Very moody, those deep blacks, low key tones are beautiful.
4th June, 2007
shubhangi athalye says:
"Akshay is by far one of my favourite photographers...he is a true blue Mumbaikar--- his photos are not those of a geeking tourist or of the blinkered middle class, nor those of the uppity intellectual ......he is not aloof but a participant observer, one who steps back to take a picture and then joins the flow....his photos don't expose the grimness of people's lives for the world to geek at but captures the robustness of this wondrous city which embraces many worlds in its fold.
He has given us a glimse of a lot these worlds.......but what I like best about his photography is that it does not seem like a cultivated craft but a necessity to him....he has to breathe, he has to take photographs......his prolificity is a treat for us who log on, assured that he will share something with us most days ....he's not stingy with his sharing...uploads photos like clockwork.....for us to smile at, to introspect, to brood over, to enjoy !!
And most importantly, for a veteran flickrite...he doesn't play to the galllery !! Its still his unique perspective and not what will appeal to others that matters to him !!
Hope the 'lecercle' brand prospers, and many good wishes for his wanderings ......on the condition that he shares all of them with us !!"
22nd February, 2007
Preethy S. says:
"Akshay is the perfect photographer. He captures slices of the everyday in his photos, always focusing on people, their actions and agency. It's a most pleasurable relief to be able to browse his photos of people in India - they are respectful, unlike most of the photos we are inundated with, both on flickr and in the mainstream global media. Akshay's eyes don't fix people, make them into scenery, or pity them.
He is an endlessly reflective traveler within his city, showing us all the most beautiful of what his eyes see. Most of all, he is so incredibly modest! He even let me print a few of his photos for my bedroom wall. :)"
15th January, 2007
"Akshay's photos of India are *inspiring*. He's easily one of my favorite contributors on Flickr."
28th November, 2006
""lecercle' aka Akshay Mahajan certainly gives 'complexes' to veterans like me with such excellent and prolific work.. Proud to personally know such a gifted youngman. He is destined to go far as long as he does not compromise himself for mere commercial gains."
15th October, 2006
"i love akshay's photography. they are so vivid and the colours are so vibrant. i love it, i love it, i love it. my kind of photography - ones that jump out and capture you. makes we want to come to india and experience it myself - which i will in a few years."
6th July, 2006
"Le Cercle, I find your depth of knowledge no less fascinating than the things, places, and people you admire."
30th June, 2006
"Great Pictures! I love the Mumbai pictures. (Being a ex-Mumbaikar myself)"
21st June, 2006
"I found this site by accident, but I'm glad I did This young man will go to the top, to have this much talent at such a young age is quite remarkable.
What we are seeing are not pictures. they are a view of an artist who just happens to use a camera to record moments that 99% of us don't see. His talent is up there with the best. of MAGNUM."
20th June, 2006
360 degree viewer says:
"One photographer who likes to let his pictures speak for themselves ..."
6th June, 2006
"I know this guy in the school days and he always had the creative spark and genius in him. But never , until now , have I seem his talents in full show. His talents in photography are unbounded and I wish him the absolute best in life."
2nd June, 2006
Kaushal Karkhanis says:
"Akshay sees beauty and photo-op in the dullest, simplest or even the most inconspicuous 'moments in life'. He's my favorite photographer from India!"
19th May, 2006
!!! Monika !!! says:
"I love how he is showing us India.
He has a good taste, he knows where natural beauty is hidden.
There's no hiding anything from him!
His vivid portraits of the local community are brilliant for me :)"
12th May, 2006
Not only a beautiful name, but a beautiful vision as well.
I would have to say that he is one of my favourite photographers. Not only because of his talent, but because of the diversity and variety that is so obviously seen in his work!
You travel his India from the view of a tourist, a native, a child, an adult, and all these other perspectives. It is so exciting and certainly one that I love!
Lecercle, a ever-evolving talent, with a vision that is continually expanding and changing.
If you want to see the world in so many ways, and also one where you don't want to blink, then this is the right stream to be at.
Never stop clickin', and remember that CHAI ;-)
Cheers, Best wishes."
1st April, 2006
Lipsstick Gallery says:
"lecercle has such wonderful insight into the human spirit. He portrays his subjects with dignity and has a special talent for capturing the spirit of children. I enjoy his photographs very much."
12th March, 2006
"Well Mr lecercle...dunno much about him really -
BUT.... he never ceases to amaze me (and every1 else) with his aweome images of the city I love and miss so much. The potrayal of Mumbai in his photos is so interesting and innovative - unlike the polluted, dirty, crowded image a lot of people have been given, of the beautiful country called India.
I must say - all his photos are not only shot and editied well but also have a lot of creativity and 'theme' to them.
Great work boss - keep the photos coming, theyre one of the few things that keep me sane in this insane place :)"
29th September, 2005
- November 2004
- New Delhi, India
- I am:
- Male and Single
- akshaym [at] gmail.com
- AIM (AOL IM):
- MSN Messenger:
- aakkshay [at] hotmail.com