If you would like to buy any of my photo including collectors editions,
please feel free to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Makabresku (born in 1987; lives in Krakow). Is a Polish visual artist and photographer. Her photographs are overflown with mystic symbols and the atmosphere of fairy tales. Close to the surrealistic aesthetics, she creates visual methaphores concerning eroticism and death.
Patterns of distraction
My photographies are like screenshots from beautiful but cruel fairy tales. Their narrations are not straight. Images that appear are more like feelings that come during a lecture of an old folk-based story – full of witchcrafts and retributions. The structure of my works is similar to the structure of a dream where natural tendencies of collecting and organizing impulses and motivations coincide with irrational clashes of objects and feelings. Isolation and wounds are closed into patterns, uneasy and artificial orders – visual spells created in order to divide beastillness from humanity and dreams from horror.
„Laura Makabresku condenses the fairy tale into a frame. One stage on which everything plays out. There is a heroine existing between the worlds. Beautiful and dark. Her sexuality fluctuates between girlish erotic fantasy and the extreme instincts of nature. In a childish way she is fascinated by death. Her land is inhabited by animals, monsters, people in animal masks, objects—all of them of equal status. The world’s orders tangle together. Death in this land is liberating, a kind of good dream into which we tumble, searching for eternity, and which exists within us as constellations painted on the heroine’s body. The motifs and scenes are repeated. Themes are repeated obsessively. It all exists outside of time, everywhere and nowhere, never and always, in the seventy-seventh land. And eternity is just as cruel as death."
[From curatorial text by Magdalena Kownacka The moon is for adults only]
my facebook fan page
30 under 30 exhitbition
you are my favorite exhibition
Red Gallery Cafe Exhibition
Atomica Magazine #3 (94-99)
Impracabeza Magazine #09
Sova Magazine #02
KMAG #31-32 (66-67)
16HOURS MAG #02
CARNE MAG #13
APRICOT MAG #02 and #05
10x15 Mag #29
December Birds #01
Magpie Mag #05
interview for kwerfeldein.de
interview for enquire
interview for time of the thieves
interview for dinosaurcity
interview for Layla Jaglovs
interview for culture
interview for Nastya Pilepchuk
interview for Trinity Arts Stack (Ofxord)
interview for Penny Laine
Brekend / Brekend II
Photo Of The Day chosen by Vogue - 02/08/2011
Daily Deviation 12/08/2011
Daily Deviation 20/1102011
Daily Deviation 29/12/2010
Digart Dnia 28/02/2011
Zdjęcie Dnia na Plfoto 01/09/2011
my photos for a belgian band Hush Hush
my photo for a Lissy Walker's New Album `WONDERLAND`
Photos of laura makabresku (4)
laura makabresku's favorite photos from other Flickr members (7)
- Lilac Photo Magazine 274 photos, 88 members
- tendresse, sentiment 812 photos, 164 members
- His/Her smile make me so well 383 photos, 172 members
- Прогнозы 3,600 photos, 996 members
- ∞ infinite ∞ 243 photos, 405 members
- Discover Shakil 928 photos, 133 members
- Architecture / Atmospheres 642 photos, 667 members
- The Sun making another Scar Across my Sky 161 photos, 102 members
- ~Insect & Spider Macro Masterpieces~ 1,471 photos, 177 members
- Cats are Cute 390 photos, 100 members
- Euphorìa Magazine 124 photos, 507 members
- ~Tree Masterpieces... For Forests Everywhere!~ 853 photos, 222 members
- Want a cup of coffee with clouds? 1,510 photos, 136 members
- Land Empire 1,098 photos, 1,363 members
- Your Lasts 89 photos, 88 members
- 3petitspoints Magazine 2,058 photos, 783 members
- I dream in color 275 photos, 74 members
- escape reality▲capture dreams 3,600 photos, 550 members
- The malady of elegance 923 photos, 93 members
- m▲gic n▲ture 7,074 photos, 663 members
- Fotografa il mondo, ti racconterà la vita! 3,581 photos, 288 members
- Factory Frames. 707 photos, 78 members
- un minuto de mi vida - one minuto of my life 19 photos, 129 members
- FRESH 'N SICK 28 photos, 7 members
- We ♥ Culture? 571 photos, 76 members
- Soul of the photographs 2,910 photos, 844 members
- Light and Everything 505 photos, 922 members
- Alorika Mag Contributor Search 481 photos, 203 members
- Through This Perspective 117 photos, 26 members
- FavFoto 620 photos, 375 members
- ivy and gold 391 photos, 57 members
- Prettiest Mess You've Ever Seen 1,040 photos, 354 members
- Né Ultra 13,548 photos, 2,216 members
- We are all made of stars 3,694 photos, 1,454 members
- Talent Magazine 6,649 photos, 537 members
- The Language of Vintage ƒilm 2,529 photos, 234 members
- One more time 323 photos, 240 members
- Sciences Occultes Magazine 6,277 photos, 845 members
- Quiet Conversations 338 photos, 46 members
- these are not facts 3,584 photos, 477 members
- Dreamt once 304 photos, 215 members
- forests and fairies 2,092 photos, 665 members
- woman at home 567 photos, 139 members
- kaleidoscopic lives 4,162 photos, 1,128 members
- Female models in nature 1,372 photos, 242 members
- APRICOT magazine 100 photos, 246 members
- The Daily Nikon 3,203 photos, 288 members
- Him 572 photos, 95 members
- NASTY MAGAZINE | the charme of the mess 13,348 photos, 915 members
- You make me cry and smile in the same time 296 photos, 178 members
Dear Pao, says:
"Tu galería de fotos es exquisitamente perfecta y el más puro reflejo de la esencia de lo que eres.
Créeme si te digo que me siento muy identificada con tus fotografías: los venados, las cicatrices, la mirada triste, las pesadillas, la figura masculina que representa tu protección, entre otras cosas.
Me considero gran fanática de tu trabajo.
(I wrote this in Spanish because words in English can't describe how I feel when I see your work. I hope you understand everything. If not, please let me know)."
3rd December, 2012
"Your photos are so magical and mysterious, one could write a whole novel based on just one of them, they make you wonder the story behind it, they seem to hold so much. I will always love and be inspired by your photography"
15th January, 2013
laura zalenga says:
"Dear Laura i just felt like saying this.
In a very long time nobody touched me with their photos like you do. every single one seems like a dream. a dream dreamt in former times. and your photos make me feel as if i am part of them - not only a disturbing observer. i could look at them for ever just enjoying the wonder-ful mood and the breathtaking beauty, the calming hush and the pure honesty, the innovative craziness and the wild creativity."
3rd May, 2012
whimsical jane says:
"Laura Makabresku. Her pictures were ones of the first I discovered on flickr and it amazed me how lovely they are. The colours, details and fragilness of each one, gives me goose bumps! It's like they transmit sentiments and moods. Really great work Laura! :)"
26th March, 2012
sinister kid says:
"She tore my heart out, took it down to the bottom of a deep, calm sea and tied it with a ribbon made of everything a mind wants to forget. This is a shelter for my dreams. Thank you Laura!"
19th December, 2011
Ella Ruth says:
"Laura's photographs are enchanting. Each and every one tells a story of its own and transports us into a magical and beautiful new world. I could stare at each image for hours and never tire of the imagination and wonder behind each image. Without a doubt, Laura is one amazing artist."
28th November, 2011
"your photographs leave me haunted, dreaming, hoping and sensing, inhaling atmosphere. so much rawness, so much beauty - you capture moments which are both magical and tenderly real, painful and enchanting. thank you for sharing your fairy tale world with us.
i admire your talent/view on everything and feel connected to you, so much, dear laura."
18th November, 2011
"Poetry & Magic."
24th September, 2011
"she is breathing poetry."
18th August, 2011
"too much beauty in one person."
29th July, 2011
"Every single photo of yours has an intense sense of quietness, stillnes and realism and it is beautiful to witness from afar. You make beauty and you make art. And you just make me want to sit and stare for awhile."
22nd March, 2011
Heiner Luepke says:
"Lauras works speak to me like no other.
the Contrast of fragile beauty and dreamlike, surreal mystery within this visual Poesy, she transports at its best."
17th March, 2011
Monica Allaby says:
"I hardly have the words to describe your photos. There's something so magical about each and every one of your pictures, a cross between dark and frightening, and soft and precious. Your photos are so perfectly unusual and gives a final product that whenever I see, I feel something. And I think that's what photography should be, a feeling, and you do that perfectly."
24th January, 2011
a bird flies by says:
"your photography is like a secret we have to take care of it.
it feels like you have taken these photos in a time when we haven't been here at all.
fragile. vulnerable. magical. sensuous. delicate. darkness. tender. innocent. sensitive. unknown. dangerous. secure.
so close and yet so far.
and something else i really have to say: you have probably the most beautiful hair i've ever seen."
18th December, 2010
- Laura Makabresku
- March 2010
- Cracow, Poland
- I am:
- laura makabresku
- laura.makabresku [at] gmail.com