Environmental and landscape photographer Tom Gill captures the natural and man made wonders of the southeastern portion of Lake Michigan, particularly lighthouses, the National Lakeshore, barns, and small town nostalgia. He has earned international recognition for his photography, with publication in The Australian, Melbourne and Victoria Herald Sun, Adelaide Now, The Daily Mail, The Huffington Post, and other major newspapers and magazines. ABC News in Washington has also featured his work. Tom holds a Fine Arts Degree in design from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and aside from photography, enjoys woodworking, sketching, painting, and hiking with his family.
To purchase prints of the photographs featured on Tom's blog, on his flickr pages, or on his Google + pages, contact the photographer directly at
Please contact Tom by flickr mail or at email@example.com if you wish to use his photos. In many cases, Tom permits non-commercial use of his images, but only with the proper attribution.
Commercial use of the images displayed on Tom's Flickr page, and tens of thousands of others in his portfolio, may be obtained by contacting him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Tom's Blog for the stories behind his photographs.
Taken by my son Chris Gill
Recent Gallery Exhibits
Photos of Tom Gill. (1)
- Along the Hennepin Canal 11 photos, 2 members
- Indiana DNR Fish & Wildlife 15 photos, 13 members
- goRiver Chicago 256 photos, 51 members
- Venus Transit 2012 254 photos, 94 members
- The Planet Venus 376 photos, 151 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,901 photos, 14,896 members
- Project Weather 53,578 photos, 17,819 members
- Lighthouses worldwide 8,491 photos, 662 members
- I&M Canal Fans 344 photos, 23 members
- Michigan Cottage Life 87 photos, 11 members
- Indiana Audubon Society's Flora and Fauna Gallery 4,528 photos, 131 members
- Indiana State Parks and Reservoirs 2,333 photos, 282 members
- The Lighthouses of Wisconsin 704 photos, 110 members
- *******LUIZA'S LIGHTHOUSE GALLERY******* 5,141 photos, 304 members
- Kapok Tree Restaurant 80 photos, 10 members
- Montrose Point 2,942 photos, 41 members
- Visit Indiana 13,154 photos, 441 members
- Tinley Park, IL 181 photos, 26 members
- Visit Northern Illinois 2,757 photos, 46 members
- Traditional Skyscrapers 4,573 photos, 437 members
- Railroad Coaling Towers 557 photos, 132 members
- Naturally Indiana 7,026 photos, 531 members
- Not a lighthouse photo 1,011 photos, 131 members
- Fairport Harbor 399 photos, 24 members
- A Christmas Story- the movie 392 photos, 98 members
- Ohio lighthouses 792 photos, 114 members
- Panoramic Lighthouses 334 photos, 114 members
- Florida Lighthouses ~ Beautiful Beacons 818 photos, 183 members
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore 1,172 photos, 93 members
- Lake Michigan Weather 5,724 photos, 425 members
- Flickr 5.25 1,092 photos, 1,386 members
- Tulip Time Festival 1,017 photos, 209 members
- Holland, Michigan 5,002 photos, 297 members
- CreativeClouds 1,443 photos, 380 members
- DANGER! 5,356 photos, 805 members
- silhouette 271,634 photos, 36,156 members
- Explore Northeastern Illinois 11,323 photos, 160 members
- Abandoned Illinois. 6,782 photos, 359 members
- Lemont IL 445 photos, 47 members
- FlickrCentral 6,138,632 photos, 185,097 members
- Awesome Snowflakes 2,556 photos, 500 members
- Lighthouse Trek 11,427 photos, 1,278 members
- Drifted Snow 356 photos, 47 members
- North Central Illinois 3,843 photos, 137 members
- Indiana's Lake Michigan Beaches 459 photos, 34 members
- Geotagged: Illinois 5,750 photos, 82 members
- Illinois Wilderness 14,029 photos, 443 members
- Marshall Field's 131 photos, 46 members
- AROUND ILLINOIS 31,647 photos, 382 members
- Intrigued by ICE 3,062 photos, 727 members
D. Rogers Photography says:
"Tom is an amazing photographer ! Not fraid to take risks for that perfect shot! He has a great eye! He is also a great role model for his little photographer :) Tom is definately a fun guy with a great spirit and love of photography and life!"
15th January, 2009
gregor H says:
"Thank you Tom for showing your amazing world. In your huge stream I like especially the seaside and of course the lighthouse pictures. Here I am fascinated on the beauty of natural forces. The natural touch is your trade mark. And I like it that you are uncompromised beside new techniques like pattern layers or hdr.
Have a good light, Gregor"
9th August, 2009
aplseed photography says:
"Tom is a great supportive contact. he sees th world much as I see it, making the ordinary scenes stand out and seem so much more interesting.
I imagine his family will grow to also enjoy the family time spent on these photoshoots. There are many beautiful images that will be timeless and family treasures over the years. I can't wait to see his young boys start to take on his artistry when they begin to take up cameras of their own."
13th April, 2008
"Lapstrake's midwest images are pure Americana. He's capturing the sights we don't pay enough attention to and are in danger of losing. Remember, Tom climbed rocks, and waded in river beds for those shots!
Tom's a great guy to go shooting with; his mix of kindness and humor make him a true friend. I feel like I've known him forever."
4th April, 2008
"Tom has a great eye not only for the obvious,but for all those little snippets of things most of us do not see. He stops at nothing to get the shot! His knowledge of many different subjects is amazing,and that shows in his shots. Easy going to a fault, he's a lot of fun to go out and shoot with. I'm glad I have him as a contact and a friend!!"
24th March, 2008
- Tom Gill
- July 2006
- Chicago Illinois
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Visit my web site here