Environmental and landscape photographer Tom Gill captures the natural and man made wonders of the southeastern portion of Lake Michigan, particularly lighthouses, the National Lakeshore, barns, and small town nostalgia. He has earned international recognition for his photography, with publication on the Weather Channel, The Australian, Melbourne and Victoria Herald Sun, Adelaide Now, The Daily Mail, The Huffington Post, and other major newspapers and magazines. Tom holds a Fine Arts Degree in design from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and aside from photography, enjoys woodworking, sketching, painting, and hiking with his family.
To purchase prints of the photographs featured on Tom's blog, on his flickr pages, or on his Google + pages, contact the photographer directly at
Please contact Tom by flickr mail or at email@example.com if you wish to use his photos. In many cases, Tom permits non-commercial use of his images, but only with the proper attribution.
Commercial use of the images displayed on Tom's Flickr page, and tens of thousands of others in his portfolio, may be obtained by contacting him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Tom's Blog for the stories behind his photographs.
Taken by my son Chris Gill
Recent Gallery Exhibits
Photos of Tom Gill. (1)
- Along the Hennepin Canal 24 photos, 2 members
- Indiana DNR Fish & Wildlife 14 photos, 15 members
- goRiver Chicago 237 photos, 49 members
- Venus Transit 2012 251 photos, 94 members
- The Planet Venus 382 photos, 158 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,624 photos, 14,518 members
- Project Weather 141,482 photos, 36,778 members
- Lighthouses worldwide 9,296 photos, 686 members
- I&M Canal Fans 417 photos, 26 members
- Michigan Cottage Life 90 photos, 12 members
- Indiana Audubon Society's Flora and Fauna Gallery 4,631 photos, 133 members
- Indiana State Parks and Reservoirs 2,654 photos, 381 members
- The Lighthouses of Wisconsin 763 photos, 113 members
- *******LUIZA'S LIGHTHOUSE GALLERY******* 5,860 photos, 306 members
- Kapok Tree Restaurant 80 photos, 10 members
- Montrose Point 3,052 photos, 42 members
- Visit Indiana 14,321 photos, 445 members
- Tinley Park, IL 195 photos, 26 members
- Visit Northern Illinois 2,810 photos, 48 members
- Traditional Skyscrapers 4,420 photos, 446 members
- Railroad Coaling Towers 596 photos, 138 members
- Naturally Indiana 7,115 photos, 539 members
- Not a lighthouse photo 1,034 photos, 128 members
- Fairport Harbor 409 photos, 23 members
- A Christmas Story- the movie 392 photos, 98 members
- Ohio lighthouses 834 photos, 121 members
- Panoramic Lighthouses 370 photos, 125 members
- Florida Lighthouses ~ Beautiful Beacons 888 photos, 188 members
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore 1,335 photos, 98 members
- Lake Michigan Weather 6,198 photos, 432 members
- Flickr 5.25 1,074 photos, 1,374 members
- Tulip Time Festival 1,054 photos, 213 members
- Holland, Michigan 5,194 photos, 307 members
- CreativeClouds 1,516 photos, 381 members
- DANGER! 5,550 photos, 810 members
- silhouette 313,912 photos, 44,098 members
- Explore Northeastern Illinois 11,746 photos, 160 members
- Abandoned Illinois. 7,733 photos, 385 members
- Lemont IL 453 photos, 47 members
- FlickrCentral 6,987,751 photos, 204,046 members
- Awesome Snowflakes 2,928 photos, 554 members
- Lighthouse Trek 12,689 photos, 1,340 members
- Drifted Snow 369 photos, 46 members
- North Central Illinois 4,207 photos, 140 members
- Indiana's Lake Michigan Beaches 521 photos, 33 members
- Geotagged: Illinois 5,930 photos, 85 members
- Illinois Wilderness 15,130 photos, 461 members
- Marshall Field's 143 photos, 47 members
- AROUND ILLINOIS 35,450 photos, 388 members
- Intrigued by ICE 3,216 photos, 736 members
D. Rogers Photography says:
"Tom is an amazing photographer ! Not fraid to take risks for that perfect shot! He has a great eye! He is also a great role model for his little photographer :) Tom is definately a fun guy with a great spirit and love of photography and life!"
15th January, 2009
gregor H says:
"Thank you Tom for showing your amazing world. In your huge stream I like especially the seaside and of course the lighthouse pictures. Here I am fascinated on the beauty of natural forces. The natural touch is your trade mark. And I like it that you are uncompromised beside new techniques like pattern layers or hdr.
Have a good light, Gregor"
9th August, 2009
aplseed photography says:
"Tom is a great supportive contact. he sees th world much as I see it, making the ordinary scenes stand out and seem so much more interesting.
I imagine his family will grow to also enjoy the family time spent on these photoshoots. There are many beautiful images that will be timeless and family treasures over the years. I can't wait to see his young boys start to take on his artistry when they begin to take up cameras of their own."
13th April, 2008
"Lapstrake's midwest images are pure Americana. He's capturing the sights we don't pay enough attention to and are in danger of losing. Remember, Tom climbed rocks, and waded in river beds for those shots!
Tom's a great guy to go shooting with; his mix of kindness and humor make him a true friend. I feel like I've known him forever."
4th April, 2008
"Tom has a great eye not only for the obvious,but for all those little snippets of things most of us do not see. He stops at nothing to get the shot! His knowledge of many different subjects is amazing,and that shows in his shots. Easy going to a fault, he's a lot of fun to go out and shoot with. I'm glad I have him as a contact and a friend!!"
24th March, 2008
- Tom Gill
- July 2006
- Chicago Illinois
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Visit my web site here