My name is Kristal Armendariz and I work in an office by day, go to graduate school by night and am mom/wife 24/7. Between us, my husband and I have nine kids ~ five still at home.
I use flickr as a dumping ground for all my photos. Think stream of consciousness. If you want the story behind the photos, check out my blog. If you want to see dozens of pictures a day, including all the silly things I shoot with my cameraphone you are in the right place!
Find me here: blog, twitter, facebook, gmail
- dubble 66 photos, 23 members
- Half Burned 108 photos, 14 members
- One Million Acts of Kindness 41 photos, 10 members
- Educators on Flickr 1,092 photos, 83 members
- Hipstamatic D-Series (Disposable) 573 photos, 95 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,938 members
- I shoot paper 2,802 photos, 485 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 122,612 photos, 24,105 members
- Diptic App 9,693 photos, 2,974 members
- Instagram 133,370 photos, 8,189 members
- Reflected light 704 photos, 309 members
- Vanishing point videos 326 photos, 149 members
- Pork ~ the other flickr meat 6,932 photos, 890 members
- Solargraphy 2,604 photos, 659 members
- !Drive By Shooting 56,815 photos, 3,293 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,897 photos, 23,163 members
- I Voted Stickers!! 37 photos, 21 members
- New Mexico - the Land of Enchantment 5,359 photos, 211 members
- Las Cruces, New Mexico 374 photos, 50 members
- Las Cruces Flickr Group 866 photos, 49 members
- NPR Picture Show 129,431 photos, 5,882 members
- Wait-Wait, don't look at me 2,967 photos, 800 members
- ~WORLD TOY CAMERA DAY~ 8,981 photos, 897 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,332 photos, 1,795 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 3,975 photos, 1,596 members
- World Toy Camera Day 101010 40 photos, 51 members
- Freelensing 8,160 photos, 3,206 members
- Photojojo Browser Tab Photo Museum! 103 photos, 60 members
- Photojojo! The Book 145 photos, 258 members
- Ricoh 500G 3,321 photos, 582 members
- owl friday 433 photos, 177 members
- October 10, 2010 1,824 photos, 2,542 members
- Cloud Junkie 276,857 photos, 25,201 members
- Atrocious Apostrophe's 3,283 photos, 1,201 members
- Disderi Robot Style 3 Lenses Camera 2,479 photos, 376 members
- Faceyourpockets.com 51 photos, 49 members
- lovely blinding sun 153 photos, 49 members
- Don't Hurry and Be Happy 613 photos, 57 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 114,703 photos, 8,111 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,475 photos, 1,657 members
- Say Chuck E Cheese! 4 photos, 2 members
- Shutter Sisters 365 149,701 photos, 2,649 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,587 photos, 19,229 members
- FILM SWAP 6,726 photos, 1,256 members
- Postcards: KRISTYK 30 photos, 5 members
- Split-Cam 1,310 photos, 257 members
- a day in the life of 4 November 297 photos, 307 members
- Portrait within a Portrait 251 photos, 122 members
- Shutter Sisters One Word Project 38,171 photos, 3,961 members
- Graffiti of the Gods (Cloud Porn) 791 photos, 141 members
"Kristy K has a unique talent for capturing value in things most of us just pass by without a thought. She also captures the true grit of living in a large and noisy family, showing life as it really is -before makeup. I treasure her photostream because it allows me to watch my grandkids living life and I am somehow a part of it all. My thanks to you for taking the time, every day, to share slices of life with us all."
30th March, 2009
weaker vessel says:
"Kristal Armendariz, a photographer based in Las Cruces, New Mexico, likes to document the often-overlooked flashes of beauty and meaning that drift across the landscape of everyday life. The mother of seven, she’s had plenty of opportunities to hone the fine art of lining up shots with a fussy baby balanced on one hip. When she’s not counting kids or experimenting with one of her cameras, you’ll probably find her sketching out plans for the family’s next road trip.
Thanks, Kristy, for the wonderful peephole into the lives of your beautiful family, and for the loving, creative, masterful documentation of the very unique town you call home!"
28th January, 2008
"Kristal is the mother of seven and wife of one. Her big family adventures and sense of humor are documented on her website, kristyk.org. Her love for life and ability to see the beauty in the mundane is captured in her photography collection at Flickr. Kristal inspires me to see the world as though everything is deserving of a photograph. Kristal is the blogger I would most like to meet in person."
26th January, 2008
"Kristal's photostream is candy for the eyes and senses. Her photos are bright, vibrant and so full of life. They are a testament to her passions and it shows in every shot."
18th March, 2007
Mattie & Den says:
leads you into her
and expertly captured
Thank you for sharing..."
16th March, 2006
jon madison says:
"i can't even explain...i can go through dozens of shots at a time (well, because she's that prolific anyway:) because i know i'm going to get hit with something wonderful.
there's a real realness about her photos that's...just...uh...yeah. it's dope."
5th January, 2006
"Kristal's photos are amazing. They are unique and give the viewers an incredibly beautiful peek into her very rich and love filled world. She inspires me to be more creative and to find beauty in all of the little things that surround me."
17th August, 2005
- Kristal Armendariz
- August 2004
- Las Cruces
- New Mexico, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- kristyk.org [at] gmail.com