I've been taking pictures since I was 9, when I got a Kodak Instamatic for Christmas (I actually miss those square flashcubes...) I've been known to use disposables. Just recently, however, what was an innocent pastime has bloomed into an obsession. (Now have the 20D to prove it.) I am constantly amazed by the depth of talent on this site; I learn something new everytime I come here.
I've been a professional dog walker for 6 years. Eventually, I would like to go pro... pet photography, of course. :) But for now it's just for fun.
(In a former life, I was a paralegal for the Dept. of Justice).
I have one dog of my own -- that would be Bandit. He has a page on Dogster, where you can get a description of his warped personality.
- Still Life Photography Selection (please read pool description) 8,766 photos, 11,096 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 800 photos, 1,821 members
- olloclip 5,332 photos, 1,069 members
- clouds 319,834 photos, 26,649 members
- PhotoToaster 2,499 photos, 1,651 members
- Insect Macro Photography 366,627 photos, 26,008 members
- Topaz Software 97,720 photos, 5,424 members
- Vignetting 176,791 photos, 13,552 members
- I Ate This 537,817 photos, 29,425 members
- Digital Photography School 219,137 photos, 16,399 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 405,096 photos, 15,024 members
- Shutter Sisters 385,713 photos, 12,246 members
- Macro Photography 249,760 photos, 31,302 members
- Wedding Photographers 152,064 photos, 18,071 members
- Wedding Photography 213,560 photos, 44,160 members
- Lensbaby 71,049 photos, 9,103 members
- MACRO MONDAYS (please check weekly theme) 46,292 photos, 4,402 members
- SPORTS ACTION 309,854 photos, 22,702 members
- Adobe Lightroom 21,423 photos, 21,401 members
- Project 365 1,620,646 photos, 27,529 members
- Birds Photos 1,135,930 photos, 48,842 members
- RAW Street Photography 695,852 photos, 27,855 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 295,092 photos, 39,506 members
- Studio Lighting 76,312 photos, 8,493 members
- Utata 400,669 photos, 21,969 members
- Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM. 130,565 photos, 11,882 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 469,021 photos, 44,642 members
- Best In Show (dog photography/invite only!) 22,703 photos, 5,541 members
- The Portrait Group 2,072,122 photos, 131,108 members
- Strobist.com 572,132 photos, 114,062 members
- Natural Light Child Photography 341,994 photos, 34,032 members
- Professional looking food photography 158,987 photos, 15,276 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 373,799 photos, 50,612 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 381,801 photos, 38,932 members
- The Nature Conservancy 522,602 photos, 33,188 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 223,926 photos, 19,155 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only)-Post 1/Fave or Comment 2 494,648 photos, 62,996 members
- MY WINNERS P1/A2 Competition Bugs, Bees & new A-Z comp 951,486 photos, 86,615 members
- Portraits That Tell a Story (READ RULES BEFORE POSTING!) 114,903 photos, 8,977 members
- Poor-Man's Macro (PLEASE, read the description carefully!) 39,775 photos, 5,634 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 912,281 photos, 56,644 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invite Only-Vote for May's Best 81,694 photos, 9,862 members
- Flickr Hacks 459 photos, 16,546 members
- Hit, Miss or Maybe..."Post one, vote on three" 193,190 photos, 19,320 members
- Americana 52,342 photos, 2,473 members
- Animal Planet 640,676 photos, 54,461 members
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (PSE) 97,209 photos, 8,378 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Minimalism Wednesdays is *OPEN* 3,167,348 photos, 92,319 members
- HDR 831,481 photos, 87,808 members
- Pandas Unlimited 61,688 photos, 2,936 members
"Oh I just Love to come Visit Kloclean.
She is such a sweetheart.And I just love
her photo's and She loves her Babies
and that makes my heart happy.To see all
her little and big dogs all healthy and happy.
they all know there loved you can see that in
her photo's of them .
I am so happy to call her my friend.."
31st October, 2006
"Whenever I need a smile or a warm fuzzy (or feel the need to give one) I take a stroll thru Karen’s images. Her dog portraits are so endearing, so heartwarming and quite often hilarious. You can feel the love behind the lens. And as if the images weren’t enough she quite often has a touching or amusing story to accompany them.
I think you can tell a lot about a photographer by the images they capture and the way they view the world. That being said, Karen is one of the most fun, caring and interesting people in flickr-land!"
23rd August, 2006
- August 2005
- I am:
- Female and Single