To see new images join me on Facebook
To see my latest blogs
Kevin McNeal's Photo Blog /
To find out the latest workshop information
To see some of my more recent images
Kevin McNeal Photography/
- Inspirational Landscape images 3,808 photos, 578 members
- Tumblrs 1,098 photos, 116 members
- How To Photograph the Canadian Rockies 1,987 photos, 194 members
- THE APERTURE ACADEMY WORKSHOP EXPERIENCE 450 photos, 56 members
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy 2,459 photos, 491 members
- Flickrland 1,222 photos, 87 members
- The Green Earth Magazine 15,949 photos, 1,297 members
- Gli insetti preferiscono le ortiche 27,088 photos, 886 members
- WE WANT THE OLD LAYOUT OF OUR PHOTO PAGE 3,857 photos, 1,529 members
- flickr Travel Award (Post 1 - Award 3) 108,681 photos, 5,794 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 126,553 photos, 5,972 members
- Canon Digital Camera 21,434 photos, 502 members
- PhotoCascadia 224 photos, 6 members
- Google Buzz 4,886 photos, 159 members
- Official Washington State Tourism - Group CLOSED 12,739 photos, 467 members
- Your VERY BEST ever / Invite Only 4,707 photos, 1,312 members
- 5000 VIEWS(must have 5,000 views) 509 photos, 480 members
- Views: 5000 6,123 photos, 3,724 members
- Beautiful Canada 36,158 photos, 1,122 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 217,722 photos, 7,087 members
- ~Best of British Columbia~ 2,025 photos, 683 members
- British Columbia Provincial Parks 5,016 photos, 369 members
- Beautiful British Columbia 101,715 photos, 4,136 members
- Canada Landscapes 53,961 photos, 2,288 members
- Space Needle 11,654 photos, 2,228 members
- * Starfish Award / P1&A1 * 36,666 photos, 880 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 141,930 photos, 5,393 members
- Death Valley National Park 12,676 photos, 1,134 members
- Death Valley 15,014 photos, 2,169 members
- AUTUMN*FALL P1/A5 ***NEW BIG CONTEST !!! 114,017 photos, 16,585 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Contest 5,261 photos, 2,901 members
- Red & Pink 1,629 photos, 283 members
- PhotoPlus Magazine 70,085 photos, 3,085 members
- Beautiful landscape and seascape 400 photos, 108 members
- The PERFECT Lighthouse (20+ Faves, Explore or Invite only!) 1,975 photos, 807 members
- Lighthouses of the World 61,516 photos, 10,289 members
- Maine Lighthouses 3,866 photos, 522 members
- HDR and Tonemapped images 4,073 photos, 199 members
- Mount Rainier National Park 6,358 photos, 690 members
- NW Photo Tour Workshops 267 photos, 48 members
- HDR meets Orton (for pictures combining HDR and Orton) 7,003 photos, 1,572 members
- HDR 826,303 photos, 87,620 members
- Exquisite Sunsets ( Post - 1, Award - 2 )Sunsets & Sunrise Only 8,830 photos, 1,579 members
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 33,042 photos, 1,680 members
- Olympia Camera Club International Strobe Consortium 94 photos, 27 members
- Golden Hour!! 39,775 photos, 6,477 members
- Mountain Trail Photo Nature Photography Group (POST 1/COMMENT 3) 5,553 photos, 512 members
- Mountain High Workshops 1,593 photos, 49 members
- Art Meets Photography 87,577 photos, 3,459 members
- * Simple Things * 7,178 photos, 525 members
"Sitting down to write something about Kevin can be a frustrating endeavor. There is simply no way to encapsulate him with words; he must be experienced to understand.
I suppose I should start with the basics. Kevin is one of the best landscape photographers out there shooting right now. Looking at his work, and the accolades it has amassed, that fact become crystal clear. What awards will never be able to describe, however, is how great of a person Kevin is. I can't think of anyone in my life that I've met that I want to be around more. He has an easy likability that spreads like fire through everyone he comes in contact with. I would find it almost impossible to believe that someone could ever meet Kevin and NOT want to instantly be his good friend.
I didn't think you could move into the business side of photography as it relates to Kevin without laying that groundwork. After all, if you are going to take a photo workshop from someone, it doesn't matter if they are the best shooter in the world if you don't want to be with them. I've recently had the distinct privilege of completing my second workshop with Kevin and Adrian Klein of NWPhototours. The fact that I said that its my SECOND workshop should tell you all you need to know about how satisfied I was with the company. Kevin has done more for my photography in an incredibly short period of time than I could have possibly imagined. I've gone from barely holding a camera to creating images that I'm truly proud of in under a year. Kevin's enthusiasm for photography is simply unmatched. Making sure that you not only get a good shot, but understand WHY its a good shot is Kevin's clear objective when you are shooting with him. He is an EXCELLENT instructor in every way, and the type of person who is extremely easy to learn from. Everything from scouting, to set-up, to effective capture, composition, and exposure is clearly understood at the end of the first couple of days. His processing using various techniques of multiple exposures will be explained to whatever level you are comfortable learning at, and will yield astonishing results. I promise you this, you will LAUGH along the way. Having fun and being excited have always been conducive to me remembering what I've learned, and I attribute much of my best learning in photography to the fact that Kevin always creates that environment.
If you need a further demonstration, I've already committed to signing up for a future workshop with NWPhototours.
It is my absolutely privilege to call Kevin a friend, and one of my favorite people that I've ever met. The fact that he is a world-class photographer and instructor is just a bonus."
2nd August, 2009
natalia martinez says:
"tienes una galeria fantastica,llena de buenas fotos y nos muestras todo la belleza de tu lugar,gracias
have a fantastic gallery, full of good pictures and show us all the beauty of your place, thanks"
22nd May, 2009
"Kevin is a dedicated, passionate photographer and inspirational teacher. He is eager to help and has an amazing eye. He really gets your brain thinking about photography rather than just shooting pictures. I really appreciate all the help he's given me."
7th May, 2009
# siu # says:
"His sense of light, drama, color and character are all put to fabulous use as he covers every inch of the glob! Thank yo for sharing your great work."
3rd February, 2009
BlueZebra Photography says:
"Definitely in the top 3 best photographers here on flickr! These pictures are so so amazing. Every photo is so colorful, so beautiful, and even the more mundane subjects are brought to life and make you want to stare it them all day! I hope someday I will be able to take photos half as good as his!! Thank you so much Kevin for sharing your photos with us on flickr!!!"
31st January, 2009
Lane N. says:
thanks for the add
i have seen your work at smugmug gallery and love all of your pictures. hope you will share it at flickr and wish you will write about every pic and hope i could learn from you !
18th January, 2009
"Kevin Mcneals Photography Is Breath Taking, I Live In Washington State Where He Does Most Of His Creative Work At, And Enjoy Seeing My State So Well Captured, Enhanced And Shown By This Outstanding Artist Behind The Lens! Your In For A Real Treat If You Take A Look At His Blog Site,, Thanks Kevin For Sharing Your Work And Talent With Us....Johnny "Fellow Washintonian""
3rd January, 2009
"Kevin had just added me as a contact; when I looked at his photostream, I was puzzled. His stream includes some of the best landscape photography I've seen anywhere.
Kevin appears to have a keen sense of what he wants to see in the finished product, then combines technical expertise to achieve it. Many of us can take a technically competent photo - Kevin does that, but then puts that something special into it that some of us can only dream about."
2nd January, 2009
"You have to be kidding me! Kevin McNeal is absolutly the BEST photographer I have seen . I have seen many on flickr."
12th December, 2008
Richard Tierney says:
"Well where does one start?
I was contacted by Kevin to ask if I would becoem a contact.. Little did I know what a superb collection of images I would find in his stream. I feel inadequate now :-(
Stunning landscape work a standard I can only aspire to. Take the time to look through his collectiona and marvel at his skill amd observation of nature.
10th December, 2008
Darien Chin says:
"Kevin has been an inspiration to my photography ever since a couple months after I started shooting. I feel lucky to have made such good friends with him, and to this day he's the one guy I can call and hit the road with at most anytime to go search out landscapes. They don't come more dedicated than this. He damn near lives out of his Prius at times, racking miles like it ain't no thang and living off coca-cola:) You won't find someone more excited about shooting, and I think he's already taken more frames than I will in my entire life....many of which have won awards and/or been published. I am always excited to see what he'll bring home next. Landscape is a hard business to make a living at, but if there's anyone out there that I believe will make it.....it's Kevin. His talent and drive are exceptional. Plus he gets great gas mileage:)"
7th July, 2008
- Kevin McNeal
- February 2006
- Olympia, U.S.
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Professional Photographer
- kevinmcneal30 [at] hotmail.com