Kevin Day's photostream Pro User
Having rediscovered photography November 2004 after a 15 year absence I am rapidly becoming a flickrholic. I have already made so many new friends through Flickr from around the world that I count myself as one of the fortunate ones. I welcome any comments (preferably not too rude) you may want to make on my photographs as I really do want and need to improve my skills. I use a Fujipix S7000 and am only now after 8 months starting to really discover though it has its limitations how good a camera it is.
Almost all my shots are now "checked" in photoshop (mainly for fine tuning the cameras limitations) which I don't see as cheating but rather as though I have full darkroom control over them.
Feel free to email/IM me if you have any questions or requests
11th May 2006: If you browse my stream and leave a comment I do make every effort to return the compliment but home and work commitments will always come first, so if I miss your comment or simply run out of time to browse your stream I apologise now and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated
22nd June 2007: If there is a shot in this stream that you are interested in using please contact me as there most probably are number of variations/other shots taken at the same time but not uploaded to Flickr
November 2007: New gear added to the line up - expect image quality to go down while I learn how to use it :)
There are 16 tones here I can see them I hope you can as well
Please don't post invitations to groups on my photos. I don't have the time to join and I will probably delete those comments with horrible flashing giffs.
What Camera magazine
- The Portrait Group 2,058,564 photos, 130,568 members
- Sigma 28mm F1.8 EX DG APO MACRO 2,621 photos, 268 members
- Pearly Kings & Queens 336 photos, 82 members
- streunerin(ism) **PHOTOS MUST CONTAIN AN X** 255 photos, 50 members
- The Slough Canal 37 photos, 7 members
- Pick me! 333 photos, 91 members
- BestOf... Black&White 743 photos, 229 members
- Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG HSM 10,688 photos, 1,571 members
- Canon 5D MkII 130,551 photos, 3,784 members
- Countryfile 183,364 photos, 3,168 members
- Minimalist Landscapes: take the long view! 15,738 photos, 14,494 members
- Can I take your picture? 23,902 photos, 1,869 members
- I NEED A TREE. Post1 / Award 2 Comment before post! 13,439 photos, 1,439 members
- portraits and faces. 507,492 photos, 38,199 members
- Pre Raphaelite Brotherhood and Sisters too! 188 photos, 52 members
- Pre-Raphaelite and Romantic 1,896 photos, 454 members
- 100 Strangers London & UK Meet ups 380 photos, 25 members
- 100 Strangers 35,171 photos, 8,920 members
- Farming Life 14,712 photos, 959 members
- Ordinary Sunset, Common Sunrise 370 photos, 54 members
- Stoke Park, Country Club & Resort 60 photos, 5 members
- Architecture (Clean Shots) 16,149 photos, 1,212 members
- Bus UK: The Bus Stations Of Britain 3,504 photos, 138 members
- RED photos only 21,169 photos, 2,533 members
- Urban Landscape 69,489 photos, 3,202 members
- Eton College 129 photos, 3 members
- Castles from the world. 52,534 photos, 4,420 members
- The Thematorium:: CONTEST #119:: Bokeh Challenge with props :: 1,904 photos, 416 members
- Photofocus 60,327 photos, 7,315 members
- A Walk in the Woods 5,676 photos, 207 members
- Luminous Landscapes 9,098 photos, 1,423 members
- west park hospital 2,378 photos, 164 members
- Farriery 597 photos, 94 members
- Lowepro UK Photo Comp Pool 238 photos, 225 members
- Lowepro UK Comp Pool 'Invention' 96 photos, 98 members
- The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment 1,916 photos, 247 members
- Lowepro UK Comp Pool 'Material' 95 photos, 93 members
- Cream me! 822 photos, 81 members
- Royal Marine Commandos 1,251 photos, 254 members
- The empty times. 694 photos, 188 members
- This Is Berkshire 2,648 photos, 77 members
- Military Bands and Music 1,534 photos, 142 members
- Royal Guards 3,774 photos, 493 members
- Biffa Bins Are Lovely 101 photos, 33 members
- Industry 58,452 photos, 4,603 members
- Isle of Skye 13,708 photos, 1,661 members
- fungi 60,250 photos, 6,886 members
- Early morning mist 5,944 photos, 986 members
- Burnham Beeches 1,059 photos, 72 members
- Adobe Lightroom 21,355 photos, 21,318 members
"Kevin is the type of photographer that everyone deep down aspires to be. Just look at his stuff and you will see what I mean."
11th April, 2012
"Bizarre. Kevin's one of my oldest Flickr acquaintances, and a friend in real life too, yet I never got round to penning a paean. In person, he's one of the most down-to-earth, modest and affable people who really do have talent and flair that I've met. None of your miserable tortured artiste here.
His photos speak for themselves; I don't need to say much other than look at the care he takes over composition, exposure, focus, post-processing, all the arts of digital capture (and he takes a mean 6x7 film shot too). His dead tree and contrarily beautiful Sloughscapes get most of the attention, but don't overlook his eye for a telling portrait or a commentary on the urban either."
14th February, 2009
"There's not much I can add to the glowing testimonials listed hereunder, but I just wanted to say this. Anyone who ever thinks of taking a picture of a tree should first find a carpet of leaves, kneel down in the direction of Slough, and say five Hail Kevins. You might then have a chance of taking a shot half as good as Mr Day's most ordinary effort. As for his good stuff, don't even think about it. The man's a master, in a class of his own. And he somehow manages to be a lovely chap, even though he lives in Slough. On second thoughts, you'd better say 10 Hail Kevins. This man is clearly a god."
1st February, 2009
"After following Kevins work for a year now, he will always suprise you with a new and open angle on life with fresh colour. Constructive comments are always there too.
Thanks for the support over 2006, looking forward to following you on your ever changing path for another year of inspireing work.
17th January, 2007
"Kevin's images all have so much heart and grace in them -- all considered and returned to with loving care and detail... if I can't get out of my office for a stroll on a frazzled day, wandering through his collections of photos is often a good substitute. plus he's known for occasional indulgences in lovey-dovey-ness for his Flickr friends, and that makes him all the more charming."
4th May, 2006
"Kevin has made a collection of outstanding pictures here. The world is full of magical light and colour as seen through his eyes and lens."
22nd March, 2006
Lynn Morag says:
"A stunning photographer with a wonderful variety of subject matter, Kevin is also a very genuine person who goes out of his way to help those who are learning.
Thank you for being you, Kevin!"
12th March, 2006
Kalense Kid says:
"Kevin takes the photos that I aspire to take."
19th February, 2006
"Slough, it seems, has always been the subject of much derision. However Kevin shows us that beauty can be found within its cold concrete exterior. His wonderful photography has proved to be a sharp rebuttal to John Betjeman's description of the town.
With his talent of finding the hidden beauty within the mundane I am hoping I can commission him to take my picture :)
Thank you for being one of my Flickr highlights."
16th February, 2006
"Not being a religious man myself, there is no greater compliment I can pay Kevin than by saying that his images make me gape in awe at god's creation... Kevin's photographs capture moments that can't be described in any way other than magical, sublime, exquisite. The man is an artist with an obscene amount of talent, make no mistake. Moreover, as if that wasn't enough... he's also one of the nicest, warmest and friendliest of people in the Flickr community. And now need you ask why I sometimes turn green with envy??? Haaaa! Kevin Day, I raise my hat to you, man!"
29th December, 2005
- Kevin Day
- October 2004
- Slough, Berkshire, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Graphic Designer
- kevday2008 [at] yahoo.co.uk