I shoot outside the box, that's where the light is!
VIEW MY MOST INTERESTING
YES I BLOG
In 2004 we sold our San Joaquin Valley home of almost two decades and moved to the town of Morro Bay, California. Morro Bay a small long time fishing town of 10,000 residents on the Pacific Coast is centrally located between San Fransisco and Los Angeles. For many years Morro Bay was our little Hawaii, a place within a few hours drive where we could spend the weekend relaxing in the cool coastal breezes and stuffing ourselves with fresh fish from the Pacific Coastline. So, in 2004 when it was time to make the decision of where to spend our relaxing years, it was a no brainer.
In 2004 I also decided to retire from the business world after being a business owner and manager for over 25 years. It was now time to spend life enjoying my childhood passion of photography. During the days of film most of my equipment preferences were Nikon, but this time I chose to hone my creativity with Professional Canon equipment.
I joined Flickr a few years ago to share my images with others and enjoy images from around the world. I do reserve the rights of my imagery ©2013 All rights to the images on this Flickr site, and parts of, are the property of Kevin Cole, "www.kevinlcole.com" and may not be used without the express written approval of Kevin Cole. For use of this image contact Kevin Cole at kevin@kevinLcole.com. All my image have been digitally watermarked with a Digimarc digital ID and are internet searchable to identify copyright violators.
I enjoy seeing comments on my images from fellow Flickrites and group invites are always welcome. My goal is to develop a vast network of Flickr friends that enjoy my imagery, and I theirs. If you stop by to view my imagery please make a comment, if you don't like what you see, tell me so, I have big shoulders. If you do comment I will gladly reciprocate and add my supportive comments to your images as well. Everyone is welcome to make me a contact, but please do not take offense if I choose not to reciprocate if your work does not fit my interests.
Happy shooting to all, and, don't forget to take that picture of what you don't see.
Taken in Arches National Park, Utah. Balance Rock in the background.
Photos of kevincole (6)
- flickr (unofficial) 1,554,459 photos, 78,546 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 26,077 photos, 1,886 members
- Pro Photo - Flickr Group 846 photos, 183 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 37,580 photos, 7,565 members
- Your Best Hipstamatic Prints- p1a5 118 photos, 28 members
- Project Weather 109,698 photos, 31,975 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 45,674 photos, 2,623 members
- Hipstamatic 292,405 photos, 16,647 members
- iPhoneography 341,803 photos, 11,850 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 292,339 photos, 15,830 members
- iPadography 0 photos, 1 member
- iPhoneograph 219 photos, 8 members
- iPhone-art iphoneography 27,985 photos, 732 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 449,550 photos, 16,179 members
- I Love Black and White! 998,666 photos, 45,674 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 490,705 photos, 35,492 members
- Central Coast Sunsets 273 photos, 24 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a5) 43,759 photos, 6,428 members
- HDR! (P1/C3) 33,540 photos, 1,700 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 100,772 photos, 4,505 members
- Super Photographer (Post1 -Award 5) 287,228 photos, 16,983 members
- Bodie Ghost Town 5,791 photos, 823 members
- EXPLORE Worthy Chall#58 Voting NOW, HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 8,673 photos, 580 members
- Platinum Universe ( ADM INVITE ) (1-5) Sweeper super active 1,748 photos, 542 members
- Golden Universe (1-5) Sweeper super active 13,609 photos, 1,622 members
- Forced Perspective 1,274 photos, 698 members
- My Gear and Me #1 - (Post 1 - Award 5) 511,412 photos, 15,530 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 2 (p1/a5) 36,365 photos, 7,525 members
- Scott Kelby's 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk - July 24, 2010 14,674 photos, 3,817 members
- Show and Shine 504 photos, 42 members
- San Luis Obispo Camera Club 7,370 photos, 64 members
- Rate My Photograph Now! 30,427 photos, 5,688 members
- Hot Rods - Only!!! 7,496 photos, 195 members
- Hot Rods & Racing 14,845 photos, 768 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 305,046 photos, 24,398 members
- Life´s a Journey INVITED PHOTOS ONLY 2,800 photos, 1,210 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 58,854 photos, 2,273 members
- Photomorrobay Headshots 43 photos, 10 members
- avp&a #3 - GOLD group Post 1, AWARD 2 Read NEW procedures 8,187 photos, 1,040 members
- The Photo Professionals Post 1 ~ Award 3 Enhanced Photos Only 9,839 photos, 651 members
- avp&a #2 - PLATINUM group - P1/A3, SWEEPER active again 21,824 photos, 1,783 members
- ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS NOW (Post1/Comment3) 24,103 photos, 1,799 members
- avp&a #1 - MAIN group (Post 1-AWARD 4) SWEEPER active 81,379 photos, 3,734 members
- cRAzY aBoUT naTuRE(This Group is Closed) 223,854 photos, 8,861 members
- God Has Been Painting Again! 3,527 photos, 455 members
- * THE NATURES~~GREEN PEACE~~ 100%Nature~NO People/NO Buildings 46,871 photos, 3,566 members
- WORLD Peace HallofFame<LEVEL 3>INVITED ONLY :POST 1 - AWARD 4 14,904 photos, 3,484 members
- !Photographers REALLY Gone Wild ~ Invited photos P1/A3 MANDAT 19,349 photos, 4,362 members
- Top Seven Gallery ~ Admin Invite Only 3,360 photos, 821 members
- ₪ HDR & PS Post-Processing ₪ (Add 1 ~ Award 2) MOD-Q 107,126 photos, 6,518 members
"Creativity is one thing, but when combined with technical mastery, the result is imagery that not only holds up well but continues to reveal itself over time. Kevin is a consumate photographer in this regard: he has an artistic sensibility and a keen eye for composition, seemingly infinite patience in the timing of his shots for lighting and subject placement, and a master's command of his tools and medium. But that is just half the story because Kevin is also one of the most generous contributors on Flickr in sharing the secrets of his craft, both in his detailed description of methods and settings, and in his thoughtful response to any questions.
Do yourself a favor: find the images in Kevin's photostream that call out to you, then study how they were made. Regardless of the level of your experience or equipment, you will find something that you can apply beneficially to your own photography. And you will find beautiful images that bring you back for repeated viewing."
19th July, 2009
- Kevin Cole
- June 2007
- Pacific Coast, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Business owner and Aerospace parts manufacturer