Trying to become a professional photographer and make a living out of it. Recently became part of the 15 M unemployed.
I also blog at My Chicago Photowalks,
www.uncommonphotographers.net/ (Photographing the Photographer) and at Manong Ken's Carinderia, a Filipino food blog. Enjoy.
And have a look at the Chicago Photography Collective site for information about the latest photo community in Chicago!
Snapshots with Ken Ilio - online interview by Noah Bulgaria at the Animal Kingdom pool.
- animal photographs 1,840 photos, 72 members
- Every flower 478 photos, 31 members
- The Great Lakes (3/day) 18,386 photos, 1,787 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 20,939 photos, 3,687 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 431,745 photos, 100,487 members
- Kilted Life - A Celebration ! 15,047 photos, 2,269 members
- Chihuly Art 10,726 photos, 1,355 members
- Be My Flickr Valentine 246 photos, 259 members
- Flickr for iPhone 29,578 photos, 3,770 members
- Tamron SP AF200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) 2,674 photos, 211 members
- Pulaski County Indiana 65 photos, 15 members
- 12-12-2012 392 photos, 379 members
- Chicago's Architectural Ornamentation 1,283 photos, 49 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,157 photos, 7,120 members
- Lincoln Sightings 440 photos, 164 members
- Lincoln Sites 1,054 photos, 145 members
- Look through my Lens 341 photos, 66 members
- Eastwooding 1 photo, 1 member
- Feelings Colour 3,469 photos, 378 members
- Sequence Photography 5,320 photos, 2,486 members
- Avibase 47,994 photos, 821 members
- Wicker Park & Bucktown 3,213 photos, 263 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 3,699 photos, 769 members
- Captive Dolphin & Whales 291 photos, 41 members
- PINOY AKO / FILIPINO-MESTIZO 181 photos, 31 members
- Birds of Minnesota 4,677 photos, 201 members
- Fuji FinePix "Point and Shoot" Pix 12,117 photos, 373 members
- A DAY 274 photos, 157 members
- Perigee "Super Moon" 2012 368 photos, 196 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 2,795 photos, 340 members
- Illinois Emergency Services 23,990 photos, 347 members
- Art Deco The Deliciously Detailed To The Sublime Streamline 15,198 photos, 718 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,552,261 photos, 78,522 members
- ART Selected By ADMINISTRATORS *Public Group (P1 ~ A 3)Level 1 20,353 photos, 1,422 members
- New York, New York 373,857 photos, 15,337 members
- Earth Hour | 2012 267 photos, 148 members
- Earth Hour 2012 2,241 photos, 120 members
- Skylines around the world 40,239 photos, 3,571 members
- Northwestern University and Evanston, IL (Illinois) 5,730 photos, 284 members
- The Philippine Travel,Tourism and Bus Photography 21,497 photos, 654 members
- Travel And Tourism in the Philippines(Wow Philippines) 14,606 photos, 831 members
- Muffler Men and other Roadside Statues, also cool signs. 3,984 photos, 267 members
- Southwest Michigan 4,214 photos, 92 members
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago 227 photos, 37 members
- Art Deco 30,565 photos, 2,888 members
- ART DECO - Miami Beach - Invite your Contacts 2,859 photos, 506 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 292,152 photos, 15,830 members
- Wonders of Oxidation 41,088 photos, 7,866 members
- Chicago Photography 52,661 photos, 2,103 members
- What's your angle, buddy? 446,449 photos, 26,021 members
"I love love love Flipped Out's photostream! It is one of the most diverse and interesting set of photos on Flickr. This is one of the places I visit for inspiration and some amazing shots of Chicago."
6th December, 2008
Friendly American says:
"Frank Sinatra was known the world over as a "Man's man". The kind of man that other males of his time would aspire to imulate. In the same vein, Ken is a photographer's photographer. He is very kind and giving of his time and his talent and he is extemely humble even though he is extremely talented and beyond the skill and aptitude of mere mortals such as myself.
I witnessed a women that Ken knows running into him on a recent shoot and the excitement in which she introduced him to her family was that of a person introducing a distinguished professor that she held in the highest regard.
Ken, I'm going to be watching for the next opportunity to shoot with you, I suspect that there is still so much you can teach me."
26th August, 2008
omar cruz says:
"I've met Mr. Ken just two days ago and I thought it would just be a normal eyeball but to my surprise it became an adhoc photography opportunity. He gave tips about photography and on post processing. Thank you sir! You're such a nice man, and it was a real pleasure to have met you. Hope to see you next time. Thanks again for the food and for the lessons.
Ken is truly an educator, one passionate photographer, and a genuine artist."
8th November, 2007
"Ken is one of my very favorite flickr photographers! I LOVE the pictures he takes of Chicago. I always look for his new pics on my photostream to see what awesome picture he has captured on the magical camera of his!"
2nd April, 2007
"Your photos are incredible. What an artist. I have really enjoyed viewing them!"
18th December, 2006
Liz O Hamm says:
"I get such a kick out of your snaps of the Philippine tarsier! Thank you so much for sharing. You are one of my favorite profiles to visit. Keep 'em coming!! ~liz, Los Angeles"
8th August, 2006
"I can't even begin to describe Ken in a testimonial. An outstanding photographer, a great personality and the willing to help others where needed. He inspires me to push the limits and always do my best. Thank you for all your support. = )"
28th July, 2006
"Ken challenges both photography and photographers alike. He sees wondeful images in the most random places and for that eye I admire him. Yet, at the same time, he can take the obvious shots and make them unique and special!! Not to mention he's an all around kick-arse kind of guy!! (c:"
9th July, 2006
"As someone who has aspirations for a future in Photography I have certainly been inspired by your work and comments. Trully one of the most impressive artist on Flickr."
28th June, 2006
Rey Nocum says:
"If I'm a good photographer now, it's because of this person. The inspiration, teachings and his websites helped me a lot in my photography.
I was surprised to see his name in the contact list of a filipino photographer and when I examine the contact list of some photographers, I was even more surprised to seem his name included in their list too. He seem to be in everyone's contacts list.
I love his Bean series.
God bless you, Ken."
15th June, 2006
"His Chicago photos are unparalleled for their beauty and in capturing the essence of the city. I consider myself lucky to have accidently stumbled upon his work and fortunate, all the same."
22nd May, 2006
"I am honored to know Ken and have seen his photographs. I am inspired by his visions, EVERYDAY, when he posts! He has such a generous heart, sharing what he knows about photography, and sharing with us his gifts of beautiful, emotional, and FUN pictures!!! He's my "flickr hero" =)"
16th May, 2006
"A consumate artiste at heart. Proud to be your friend."
27th April, 2006
- Ken Ilio
- December 2005
- Malinao, Aklan, Philippines
- Chicago, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Ken Ilio Photography