Flipped Out's photostream Pro User
Trying to become a professional photographer and make a living out of it. Recently became part of the 15 M unemployed.
I also blog at My Chicago Photowalks,
www.uncommonphotographers.net/ (Photographing the Photographer) and at Manong Ken's Carinderia, a Filipino food blog. Enjoy.
And have a look at the Chicago Photography Collective site for information about the latest photo community in Chicago!
Snapshots with Ken Ilio - online interview by Noah Bulgaria at the Animal Kingdom pool.
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 8,727 photos, 2,482 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 443,386 photos, 93,839 members
- Kilted Life - A Celebration ! 13,201 photos, 2,232 members
- Chihuly Art 10,414 photos, 1,321 members
- Be My Flickr Valentine 263 photos, 282 members
- Flickr for iPhone 10,081 photos, 1,778 members
- Tamron SP AF200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) 2,237 photos, 187 members
- Pulaski County Indiana 65 photos, 14 members
- 12-12-2012 398 photos, 400 members
- Chicago's Architectural Ornamentation 908 photos, 48 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,314 photos, 7,460 members
- Lincoln Sightings 416 photos, 158 members
- Lincoln Sites 954 photos, 137 members
- Look through my Lens 250 photos, 66 members
- Eastwooding 1 photo, 1 member
- Feelings Colour 2,866 photos, 342 members
- Sequence Photography 5,118 photos, 2,444 members
- Avibase 32,518 photos, 751 members
- Wicker Park & Bucktown 3,078 photos, 259 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 3,521 photos, 740 members
- Captive Dolphin & Whales 289 photos, 40 members
- PINOY AKO / FILIPINO-MESTIZO 139 photos, 31 members
- Birds of Minnesota 3,747 photos, 194 members
- Fuji FinePix "Point and Shoot" Pix 11,318 photos, 338 members
- A DAY 276 photos, 164 members
- Perigee "Super Moon" 2012 342 photos, 189 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 2,631 photos, 318 members
- Illinois Emergency Services 21,024 photos, 323 members
- Art Deco The Deliciously Detailed To The Sublime Streamline 14,577 photos, 698 members
- flickr (unofficial) 901,916 photos, 68,310 members
- ART Selected By ADMINISTRATORS *Public Group (P1 ~ A 3)Level 1 16,645 photos, 1,439 members
- New York, New York 352,112 photos, 14,968 members
- Earth Hour | 2012 251 photos, 148 members
- Earth Hour 2012 2,239 photos, 122 members
- Skylines around the world 32,597 photos, 3,133 members
- Northwestern University and Evanston, IL (Illinois) 5,024 photos, 280 members
- The Philippine Travel,Tourism and Bus Photography 18,893 photos, 626 members
- Travel And Tourism in the Philippines(Wow Philippines) 11,362 photos, 776 members
- Muffler Men and other Roadside Statues and Tourist Attractions. 3,164 photos, 212 members
- Southwest Michigan 2,861 photos, 90 members
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago 219 photos, 34 members
- Art Deco 29,496 photos, 2,810 members
- ART DECO - Miami Beach - Invite your Contacts 2,736 photos, 493 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 229,406 photos, 14,821 members
- Wonders of Oxidation 40,117 photos, 7,855 members
- Chicago Photography 53,670 photos, 2,123 members
- What's your angle, buddy? 399,175 photos, 22,306 members
- Pinoy Flickrs 107,701 photos, 4,363 members
- Sleepless in Chicago 1,431 photos, 281 members
- New York City Skyline 21,162 photos, 2,131 members
"I love love love Flipped Out's photostream! It is one of the most diverse and interesting set of photos on Flickr. This is one of the places I visit for inspiration and some amazing shots of Chicago."
6th December, 2008
Friendly American says:
"Frank Sinatra was known the world over as a "Man's man". The kind of man that other males of his time would aspire to imulate. In the same vein, Ken is a photographer's photographer. He is very kind and giving of his time and his talent and he is extemely humble even though he is extremely talented and beyond the skill and aptitude of mere mortals such as myself.
I witnessed a women that Ken knows running into him on a recent shoot and the excitement in which she introduced him to her family was that of a person introducing a distinguished professor that she held in the highest regard.
Ken, I'm going to be watching for the next opportunity to shoot with you, I suspect that there is still so much you can teach me."
26th August, 2008
omar cruz says:
"I've met Mr. Ken just two days ago and I thought it would just be a normal eyeball but to my surprise it became an adhoc photography opportunity. He gave tips about photography and on post processing. Thank you sir! You're such a nice man, and it was a real pleasure to have met you. Hope to see you next time. Thanks again for the food and for the lessons.
Ken is truly an educator, one passionate photographer, and a genuine artist."
8th November, 2007
"Ken is one of my very favorite flickr photographers! I LOVE the pictures he takes of Chicago. I always look for his new pics on my photostream to see what awesome picture he has captured on the magical camera of his!"
2nd April, 2007
"Your photos are incredible. What an artist. I have really enjoyed viewing them!"
18th December, 2006
Liz O Hamm says:
"I get such a kick out of your snaps of the Philippine tarsier! Thank you so much for sharing. You are one of my favorite profiles to visit. Keep 'em coming!! ~liz, Los Angeles"
8th August, 2006
"I can't even begin to describe Ken in a testimonial. An outstanding photographer, a great personality and the willing to help others where needed. He inspires me to push the limits and always do my best. Thank you for all your support. = )"
28th July, 2006
"Ken challenges both photography and photographers alike. He sees wondeful images in the most random places and for that eye I admire him. Yet, at the same time, he can take the obvious shots and make them unique and special!! Not to mention he's an all around kick-arse kind of guy!! (c:"
9th July, 2006
"As someone who has aspirations for a future in Photography I have certainly been inspired by your work and comments. Trully one of the most impressive artist on Flickr."
28th June, 2006
Rey Nocum says:
"If I'm a good photographer now, it's because of this person. The inspiration, teachings and his websites helped me a lot in my photography.
I was surprised to see his name in the contact list of a filipino photographer and when I examine the contact list of some photographers, I was even more surprised to seem his name included in their list too. He seem to be in everyone's contacts list.
I love his Bean series.
God bless you, Ken."
15th June, 2006
"His Chicago photos are unparalleled for their beauty and in capturing the essence of the city. I consider myself lucky to have accidently stumbled upon his work and fortunate, all the same."
22nd May, 2006
"I am honored to know Ken and have seen his photographs. I am inspired by his visions, EVERYDAY, when he posts! He has such a generous heart, sharing what he knows about photography, and sharing with us his gifts of beautiful, emotional, and FUN pictures!!! He's my "flickr hero" =)"
16th May, 2006
"A consumate artiste at heart. Proud to be your friend."
27th April, 2006
- Ken Ilio
- December 2005
- Malinao, Aklan, Philippines
- Chicago, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Ken Ilio Photography