This is Kalanidhi (Kals). Photography is a gift from my friends Rajarajan, Subash Chandran and Vijay Venkatesh. CWC / Chennai Weekend Clickers took that into a different level.
Lots of interest in travel and slowly but steadily photography grew in me leading me to where I stand today as it has become a part of my daily life. A person with great adoration towards my country's people, culture, tradition and landscapes.
Some of my accomplishments in photography below...
1. Hinduism today magazine October 2009
2. "III Standard - Tamil text book" for children in Singapore
1. Won the "Thanga Meengal" competition - Photo got selected for display in title credits [Photo from a CWC walk]
1. f/2 - A photgraphy exhibition by "Chennai Weekend Clickers"
2. A week in the life of Chennai - A photography exhibition by "Art Chennai" and "Goethe Institute"
3. Third eye - A photgraphy exhibition by "Chennai Weekend Clickers"
4. Selected for the National Exhibition conducted by Kalanirvana: "Frames of India: 9" - Theme: Places of India
Photo and video tripod
Photos of Kals Pics (7)
- ***Real life 1,999 photos, 190 members
- Children allover the World 973 photos, 50 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 431,950 photos, 100,204 members
- Child of nature, barefoot and dirty. 449 photos, 101 members
- In the eyes of a child 2,771 photos, 637 members
- The soul and the photography 1,218 photos, 157 members
- Hindu 9,021 photos, 625 members
- Holy Ganges 1,859 photos, 288 members
- Ganga Devi 1,381 photos, 97 members
- People of the Great Rivers 5,071 photos, 937 members
- Varanasi/Benares 7,399 photos, 739 members
- Agra Life and Monuments 1,614 photos, 150 members
- Taj Mahal & Other Historical Monuments of India 11,869 photos, 1,324 members
- "TRE - THREE - TRES - TROIS - DREI" 2,307 photos, 642 members
- Pacific&South Asia 2,646 photos, 98 members
- Travel and Daily life 10,865 photos, 461 members
- "South and Southeast Asian LIFE" Post 1 - Award at least 1 55,161 photos, 1,463 members
- Wildlife - animal in freedom 5,869 photos, 147 members
- Portrait Photograph 3,017 photos, 776 members
- People allover the world 373 photos, 22 members
- Urban Views 3,264 photos, 81 members
- People all around the world 15,496 photos, 1,228 members
- PhotoPlus Magazine 79,707 photos, 3,533 members
- EOS magazine Flickr group 25,286 photos, 886 members
- The Best Black and White Photography 9,884 photos, 513 members
- Impressions! 1,185 photos, 159 members
- Pure Chance and Happenstance 2,415 photos, 139 members
- burn magazine 1,951 photos, 124 members
- The GUT's Gallery 1,059 photos, 314 members
- RAW Street Photography 764,476 photos, 29,094 members
- * Travel Photography by World Nomads * 228,748 photos, 7,232 members
- Best of Chennai - CWC 72 photos, 27 members
- Project Weather 106,127 photos, 31,273 members
- Story Telling Through Images 82,630 photos, 6,960 members
- !!Perfect Composition!! 443,760 photos, 10,470 members
- DePhotoGroup 1,143 photos, 95 members
- Compositions 276,881 photos, 9,219 members
- What's your angle, buddy? 442,330 photos, 25,809 members
- *People All Over World* 163,996 photos, 9,586 members
- HCB's "The Decisive Moment" 524 photos, 7,086 members
- Wide Angle Fun 9,744 photos, 646 members
- Wide Angle and People 17,265 photos, 1,985 members
- Wide Angle 1,394 photos, 388 members
- SIGMA 10-20 EX DC HSM The world by a sigma 10-20 mm 32,465 photos, 2,056 members
- Kolkata Photographers and Photographs 11,299 photos, 645 members
- Calcutta / Kolkata 24,024 photos, 1,538 members
- Kolkata Amateur Photographers 14,768 photos, 765 members
- flickr kolkata 4,549 photos, 325 members
- Kolkata Photowalking 2,364 photos, 221 members
- Kolkata - EYE piece 649 photos, 88 members
Daniele Romeo Ph says:
"Kals' photostream is full of stunning images and Indian stories. He gives us a rare insight into Indian country and traditions. Much is to be learnt and enjoyed by viewing his photos. Keep alive your passion and your light! Dan"
12th May, 2013
"Along the infinite galleries of Flickr there are many excellent photographers that have a fantastic technique and wonderful images, but only very, very few of them have been able of shaking my heart as those of Kalanidhi Pajanissamy, Kals Pics.
He takes us by the hand into the unknown corners of their culture, of their country. Through his images, we walk between their houses, their dresses, their landscapes and flowers, their colours, the cry of a child, the wrinkles of the oldest people, the smile of a girl, the painted bodies for a singular celebration, their rituals...
But his gallery is not only a set of images for a travel agency and allow us to get close to their problems, their pain, their contradictions, the coexistence with modernity, the spectacular wealth of their palaces and the most humble streets, so full of life, dignity and beauty.
Thank you, Kalanidhi, for your way of approaching India to us.
Salva Benlloch from Valencia, Spain."
27th February, 2013
Shyam Prasad S says:
"Right from the time I stumbled upon Kals pics I am still awestruck at the creative angles in which he has captured such wonderful photographs..
Each snap tells a compelling story....Rich tones, different perspectives, capturing life as it is his.. Images that truly stand a class apart.
Photography is something about capturing "light and lives" as they appear -as is and also to look beyond what is obvious.Kals has been doing exactly that..(and even more!).
His visual narration of India and places & people of Tamilnadu in specific give you an insight into his creative mind and the art and elegance he conveys via his clicks leave you with a deep sense of satisfaction..
Kals - May you click more..We want to be entralled...we want to be visually delighted..Loved every work of yours...
13th January, 2011
- October 2007
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Kals Pics