Bikes, street art, trees, and other delights of the mostly-urban landscape. I seem to have more photos of pavement here than I planned to.
I got a digital camera in 2004 to document the Bike National Convention and, later, to provide material for the Time's Up! website. That camera died 3 days after its 1-year warranty expired.
I started this flickr stream for photos of a visit to China in 2005, and I've been taking pictures ever since.
I seem to prefer Canons, though in all honesty I have no idea what I'm doing with them. In 2012 I started fooling around with the Flickr Android App and Instagram, giving myself less control over things, and I'm not so sure about the results. It's all a work in progress ...
The metadata here is great! I spend perhaps too much time getting things just right on the map (the photo metadata isn't always correct, especially with my Eye-Fi card), and I'm fastidious about tags. The ones with a # in front live a double life, as hashtags on Twitter.
I'm Male and Achin'.
- Cole Valley 106 photos, 33 members
- THE RALEIGH TWENTY 469 photos, 99 members
- Bike Sharing 219 photos, 93 members
- **KLAPPRAD**folding-bikes**mini-bikes**vintageweels 99 photos, 32 members
- Blue Bottle Coffee 348 photos, 61 members
- Street Art * Williamsburg Bridge * NY 404 photos, 53 members
- 2013 San Francisco 3,008 photos, 47 members
- "I Hella Bike Oakland" also "Biking Bay Area" 319 photos, 51 members
- Bike Stencils 227 photos, 102 members
- Dating is boring 742 photos, 97 members
- YOU GO GiRL 1,829 photos, 281 members
- Obama Street Art 1,533 photos, 611 members
- Sunday Streets Berkeley 607 photos, 44 members
- GATS (Graffiti Against The System) Sightings 853 photos, 173 members
- Bicycles at Bay Area Flea Markets 355 photos, 101 members
- Bicycle License Plates 102 photos, 10 members
- Bay Area Graffiti 94,220 photos, 2,176 members
- Instagram 132,924 photos, 8,187 members
- Machine Tags 8 photos, 119 members
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden Visitors 13,339 photos, 1,014 members
- Discovered by bicycle 208 photos, 21 members
- Car Free and Carefree 47 photos, 12 members
- MINIVELO GROUP 841 photos, 88 members
- Caltrain 1,423 photos, 123 members
- Bikes and Transit 485 photos, 75 members
- -Broke One / Beer Is Good - The Graffiti Artist 432 photos, 281 members
- Edible Root Crew sightings 73 photos, 8 members
- Rock The Bike 249 photos, 17 members
- foldr: A retro folding-bikes pool 547 photos, 232 members
- Public Transport: Self-Harming Adverts 111 photos, 10 members
- East Bay Bicycle Coalition 2,339 photos, 68 members
- Guess Where SF 29,969 photos, 1,604 members
- Girls on folding and small-wheel bikes 560 photos, 58 members
- East Bay Bike Party 376 photos, 42 members
- Zo Bags 144 photos, 40 members
- Bike to Work Day San Francisco Bay 242 photos, 11 members
- Cycling over Bridges 402 photos, 59 members
- Vancouver Critical Mass 1,171 photos, 167 members
- Homegrown Cycling Infrastructure 43 photos, 18 members
- Prospect Park West Bike Lane 311 photos, 19 members
- #BikeNYC 1,468 photos, 216 members
- San Francisco Bike Party 1,511 photos, 114 members
- Oakland Graffiti 22,803 photos, 418 members
- BikeAlameda 207 photos, 21 members
- Your Bicycle is Hot 3,921 photos, 755 members
- Banksy - the complete works 317 photos, 308 members
- Bicycling Lifestyle of the Bay Area - Momentum Magazine 92 photos, 6 members
- Obey Giant 7,273 photos, 1,909 members
- Commuting WITHOUT a car 20,721 photos, 690 members
- Linden Alley Project 173 photos, 58 members
"I...just want to testify. Jym Dyer is Jym Dandy...because have you ever seen them together? Jym is a lover of cats, and any friend to cats is a friend of mine...and my cats. He takes excellent care of them when mom is away, and takes excellent pictures of pavements, bikes, bike parts, Kathy and cats. He is worldy, wise and wacky. I recommend him. I am proud to call him "my friend flickr."
I...just wanted to testify."
3rd March, 2009
- Jym Dyer
- November 2005
- San Brooklyn Francisco, NY, CA
- Jym's Eco Page