ABOUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY
I haven't updated this section for a while, but here is some old news about my photos.
Four of my photos of Paris (Notre Dame, the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower and Saint-Denis) were displayed at the 2007 Rugby World Cup website, but are offline now.
From March 31 until September 9, 2007, this photo from Cartagena was displayed in an exhibition in Manchester called Play: Experience the adventure of our cities. Flickr user FraukeFoto took a photo of my photo.
The summer 2007 edition of 108, an American baseball magazine, is on newsstands now. This edition's pictorial features this photo that I took in Havana, Cuba, in 2005.
Meanwhile, this photo of Shea Stadium is in the new Schmap Guide to New York. While on Schmap, shots of San Giovanni in Laterano and the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina are in the latest Schmap Guide to Rome.
In December 2006, 12 of my photos (including 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) were displayed in the Live Site exhibition on Doha's corniche to coincide with the Asian Games.
Also in December 2006, the Solitaire Pop game (free demo download for PCs) was released, incorporating this picture of the Jaguar Temple at the Maya ruins of Tikal, Guatemala.
Meanwhile, many of my photos make up part of the photo archives at Panraven, an online journal service.
I'm Australian, but I've been overseas since June 2001, mostly travelling but also working occasionally in Rome (as a tour guide) and on various sports event news service projects including Athens 2004, Torino 2006, Doha 2006, RWC 2007, Beijing 2008, and Vancouver 2010. I now live in Geneva, Switzerland.
Since 2001 I've travelled in nearly 90 countries on all continents. My favourite countries, in no particular order, are: Egypt, Mexico, India, Italy, Pakistan, Peru, Argentina, Sri Lanka, Spain, Yemen, Morocco, Madagascar, Syria, Ethiopia, Tunisia and, though it's not really a country, Antarctica. My favourite cities are Rome, Damascus, Jerusalem, Constantinople (Istanbul), Paris, Varanasi, Fez, Havana and Valparaiso.
Writing and photography are two of my greatest hobbies. In 2006 I self-published a book documenting my travels in Burma, India and Pakistan with my wonderful fiancee (now wife), Wendy, which you can check out by clicking this link. I also have a travel blog with Boots 'N' All here.
Photography is an on-going challenge that I greatly enjoy. It is one of my favourite aspects of travel - the ability to capture a place, or a moment.
- Skeleton sliding (sport) 56 photos, 4 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,164 photos, 7,132 members
- Asian cave 亚洲洞穴 2,082 photos, 1,262 members
- 40 000 views 151 photos, 245 members
- Half-timbered Houses 967 photos, 290 members
- Footprint Photo Library Submissions - OPEN TO ALL 1,575 photos, 140 members
- Autumn colors 129,239 photos, 10,699 members
- Fall Into Autumn 96,231 photos, 8,711 members
- Vines and Vineyards 29,025 photos, 3,767 members
- Glaciers, Icefields and Icebergs 15,922 photos, 2,137 members
- Alps 98,736 photos, 6,016 members
- Switzerland 182,025 photos, 8,556 members
- Hope Photo Contest 622 photos, 129 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,907 photos, 23,185 members
- Youth Olympics Photographer Challenge 893 photos, 292 members
- I s t a n b u l 34 34,824 photos, 1,781 members
- Ice is nice! 43,903 photos, 7,086 members
- Destination: Antarctica 11,104 photos, 501 members
- People of North East India 2,879 photos, 192 members
- Torres del Paine 3,873 photos, 342 members
- Paisajes de la Patagonia / Patagonian Landscapes 20,876 photos, 2,014 members
- Argentina Central 28,562 photos, 1,286 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 21,584 photos, 4,932 members
- Made in Soviet Union 10,575 photos, 875 members
- Lijiang, China 中国丽江 2,482 photos, 245 members
- China 160,274 photos, 5,846 members
- Beautiful China 166,708 photos, 5,122 members
- Rooftops 4,864 photos, 723 members
- Digital Sports / Photojournalism Photography 159,158 photos, 6,725 members
- Sports Photography 313,912 photos, 24,055 members
- Basketball 49,408 photos, 4,175 members
- Beijing Summer Olympic Games 2008 4,436 photos, 425 members
- North American Birds: Field Guide (Total = 687 Birds) 60,623 photos, 2,643 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 31,027 photos, 6,527 members
- The Great Wall of China 660 photos, 112 members
- 'Views: 15,000 - 20,000 224 photos, 333 members
- APF contest is Closed 0 photos, 1,396 members
- Gothic Churches 18,060 photos, 811 members
- Notre-Dame de Paris 5,345 photos, 1,243 members
- Paris 302,053 photos, 35,717 members
- Super Shots - Only Invited Photos - Nominate Now 257,372 photos, 40,629 members
- Windmills 24,289 photos, 5,277 members
- Views: 5000 8,521 photos, 3,953 members
- People sitting 13,279 photos, 865 members
- Yemen 6,063 photos, 556 members
- Morocco 38,450 photos, 4,871 members
- Buildings/Architecture 899,985 photos, 34,601 members
- France 237,274 photos, 6,548 members
- France image 308,723 photos, 11,311 members
- canals 58,105 photos, 3,803 members
Jungle_Boy doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Nick Leonard
- March 2005
- Sydney, Australia
- Geneva, Switzerland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Sports Statistician
- Wanderings: A Travel Journal