ABOUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY
I haven't updated this section for a while, but here is some old news about my photos.
Four of my photos of Paris (Notre Dame, the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower and Saint-Denis) were displayed at the 2007 Rugby World Cup website, but are offline now.
From March 31 until September 9, 2007, this photo from Cartagena was displayed in an exhibition in Manchester called Play: Experience the adventure of our cities. Flickr user FraukeFoto took a photo of my photo.
The summer 2007 edition of 108, an American baseball magazine, is on newsstands now. This edition's pictorial features this photo that I took in Havana, Cuba, in 2005.
Meanwhile, this photo of Shea Stadium is in the new Schmap Guide to New York. While on Schmap, shots of San Giovanni in Laterano and the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina are in the latest Schmap Guide to Rome.
In December 2006, 12 of my photos (including 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) were displayed in the Live Site exhibition on Doha's corniche to coincide with the Asian Games.
Also in December 2006, the Solitaire Pop game (free demo download for PCs) was released, incorporating this picture of the Jaguar Temple at the Maya ruins of Tikal, Guatemala.
Meanwhile, many of my photos make up part of the photo archives at Panraven, an online journal service.
I'm Australian, but I've been overseas since June 2001, mostly travelling but also working occasionally in Rome (as a tour guide) and on various sports event news service projects including Athens 2004, Torino 2006, Doha 2006, RWC 2007, Beijing 2008, and Vancouver 2010. I now live in Geneva, Switzerland.
Since 2001 I've travelled in nearly 90 countries on all continents. My favourite countries, in no particular order, are: Egypt, Mexico, India, Italy, Pakistan, Peru, Argentina, Sri Lanka, Spain, Yemen, Morocco, Madagascar, Syria, Ethiopia, Tunisia and, though it's not really a country, Antarctica. My favourite cities are Rome, Damascus, Jerusalem, Constantinople (Istanbul), Paris, Varanasi, Fez, Havana and Valparaiso.
Writing and photography are two of my greatest hobbies. In 2006 I self-published a book documenting my travels in Burma, India and Pakistan with my wonderful fiancee (now wife), Wendy, which you can check out by clicking this link. I also have a travel blog with Boots 'N' All here.
Photography is an on-going challenge that I greatly enjoy. It is one of my favourite aspects of travel - the ability to capture a place, or a moment.
- Skeleton sliding (sport) 50 photos, 3 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,310 photos, 7,456 members
- Asian cave 亚洲洞穴 1,629 photos, 917 members
- 40 000 views 129 photos, 239 members
- Half-timbered Houses 962 photos, 286 members
- Footprint Photo Library Submissions - OPEN TO ALL 1,508 photos, 138 members
- Autumn colors 108,536 photos, 9,754 members
- Fall Into Autumn 84,496 photos, 8,088 members
- Vines and Vineyards 27,841 photos, 3,683 members
- Glaciers, Icefields and Icebergs 15,141 photos, 2,055 members
- Alps 91,086 photos, 5,697 members
- Switzerland 167,640 photos, 8,127 members
- Hope Photo Contest 603 photos, 130 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 19,271 photos, 23,583 members
- Youth Olympics Photographer Challenge 897 photos, 294 members
- I s t a n b u l 34 33,949 photos, 1,778 members
- Ice is nice! 43,766 photos, 7,071 members
- Destination: Antarctica 10,906 photos, 488 members
- People of North East India 2,767 photos, 182 members
- Torres del Paine 3,826 photos, 332 members
- Paisajes de la Patagonia / Patagonian Landscapes 20,350 photos, 2,002 members
- Argentina Central 26,755 photos, 1,259 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 21,872 photos, 4,827 members
- Made in Soviet Union 9,935 photos, 862 members
- Lijiang, China 中国丽江 2,375 photos, 237 members
- China 150,141 photos, 5,676 members
- Beautiful China 157,621 photos, 5,036 members
- Rooftops 4,529 photos, 699 members
- Digital Sports / Photojournalism Photography 147,578 photos, 6,575 members
- Sports Photography 295,823 photos, 23,151 members
- Basketball 47,011 photos, 4,068 members
- Beijing Summer Olympic Games 2008 4,446 photos, 425 members
- North American Birds: Field Guide (Total = 687 Birds) 56,010 photos, 2,616 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 31,125 photos, 6,524 members
- The Great Wall of China 660 photos, 108 members
- 'Views: 15,000 - 20,000 179 photos, 313 members
- APF contest is Closed 0 photos, 1,409 members
- Gothic Churches 16,422 photos, 762 members
- Notre-Dame de Paris 5,150 photos, 1,229 members
- Paris 284,897 photos, 31,280 members
- Super Shots - Only Invited Photos - Nominate Now 259,611 photos, 40,937 members
- Windmills 22,950 photos, 5,111 members
- Views: 5000 6,131 photos, 3,724 members
- People sitting 12,945 photos, 850 members
- Yemen 5,944 photos, 543 members
- Morocco 36,585 photos, 4,718 members
- Buildings/Architecture 825,624 photos, 33,098 members
- France 202,656 photos, 5,964 members
- France image 276,360 photos, 10,591 members
- canals 52,709 photos, 3,665 members
Jungle_Boy doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Nick Leonard
- March 2005
- Sydney, Australia
- Geneva, Switzerland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Sports Statistician
- Wanderings: A Travel Journal