My camera and gear didnt come for free, so dont ask for using my pictures without paying me.
| My Blog | Support My Work | Facebook | Website | Email Me | LinkedIn | My Stats
| Twitter | Vimeo | Getty | My Copyrights | My Gear | SMS 0323-***-**** |
A Thermal Power / Mechanical Engineer by profession and an artist by passion. Photography is in my genes and i see myself doing photo-realistic animations in future. Embroidery, science projects, drawing, painting, book reading, 3d rendering, generative modelling etc have been on my list of interest. Still, i love DIY things in daily life. My Graduation and Post Graduation is from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore from 2001-2008. My current research interest are various fields of computer graphics and physics animation. I have worked on CFD modeling of evaporating and non-evaporating fuel sprays under different conditions. Now I am quite busy in 9-to-5 research job in Islamabad, having little time for photography.
I am using GIMP 2.6 on Ubuntu 11 at home.
Using PS CS5 on Win 7 64bit for photo editing. (more photo editing tools list soon)
I am using 3ds Max 2011, AutoCAD 2012, Pro E WF5, Ansys 13, Maxwell 2.6, Realflow 5 and many thousand other latest tools on Win XP 64bit 16 Core 32Gb RAM supercomputing node.
© 2011 Muhammad Junaid Rashid
I actively participate in photo-walks etc arranged by national groups of flickr (including a few i was once an admin). I love to experiment with software, equipment, technique and technology.
If you add me, thank you. Usually i will add you back. If you comment or fave my pictures, i will most likely to return favour. But i like faves, they are harmless and easy just like facebook likes. If you have larger images settings for your profile's first page, you have done most annoying thing on flickr for me. You would find me out of my contacts list when i start clean-up. If my work is included in a gallery you curate, i will be grateful. I have a hard time to list down themes for galleries, if you suggest, i might make some.
The most annoying thing you do is to use unconstrained resize (e.g a stretched buddy icon). I hate that. Its almost like fitting a square peg in a round hole (or rather relevantly, a rectangular peg in a square hole).
Some of my work is presented and protected by Getty Images. While some more is protected by Alamy Images.
All of my images on my flickr stream are copyright managed upon creation, in Unites States of America
I also have copyright protection services from another source on internet (check links above).
Soon, i will also be enjoying additional rights on my pictures in Pakistan as well. So, the editorial staff of tv channels and magazines, newspaper, websites must put an end to abusing my copyrights. If i found you doing so, i will send you an invoice.
People love to steal and use my photos, please dont mess with my rights. Send a request of license by email or consider purchase from Getty Images. Ever searched for DMCA?
This profile and all the text and images presented here is also copyrighted and protected.
Many Thanks for reading my profile.
- Switzerland 167,671 photos, 8,129 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 625 members
- Flickr Friday 2,752 photos, 5,106 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 8,877 photos, 2,523 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,305 photos, 7,451 members
- Dull Men's Club 492 photos, 46 members
- ISLAMABAD - Scott Kelby's 5th Worldwide photo-walk. 1 photo, 25 members
- Children in Pakistan 1,142 photos, 195 members
- PHOTOS STOLEN 331 photos, 460 members
- 25 to 49 Faves (Post 1, Comment and Fave 2) 10,631 photos, 718 members
- ! !^FAVTOP 0-19 FAV "- P1/-AWA FAVE2 !!!USE NEWCODES!!! 26,682 photos, 3,436 members
- 10+ Faves (10-24): P1, aw & fav 2 on the 2 newest pages 17,290 photos, 6,307 members
- NASA Venus Transit Observing Challenge 2,157 photos, 1,179 members
- flickr (unofficial) 905,413 photos, 68,401 members
- 52 weeks project 32,402 photos, 2,666 members
- Engineering as Art *** WELCOME! OVER 50,000 PICS!! *** 48,538 photos, 3,255 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,978 photos, 14,978 members
- Recipes to Share 32,441 photos, 10,477 members
- Fave, Fave, Fave! (Post 1, Fave 3) 15,547 photos, 1,389 members
- Worldwide Flickr Friends 9,918 photos, 637 members
- Textures for Layers 15,647 photos, 16,234 members
- COKE IN ARABIC كوكا كولا 13,400 photos, 3,768 members
- Lehya - Growing The Muslim Beard 468 photos, 158 members
- Press F 0 photos, 3 members
- Global Photojournalism; Politics, News, Protest, and Culture 231,655 photos, 16,408 members
- ALTERNATIVE and UNDERGROUND (only HQ) 524 photos, 87 members
- Design my Header 123 photos, 165 members
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM 127,311 photos, 8,545 members
- Canon Imagination 570,391 photos, 17,489 members
- tianjin 2,267 photos, 228 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 846,646 photos, 44,271 members
- Wuhan 2,099 photos, 181 members
- Islamabad 051 0 photos, 1 member
- Wuhan Photographers 武汉摄影者 1,776 photos, 231 members
- iF Photo Award 583 photos, 352 members
- Photofocus 60,404 photos, 7,307 members
- HIPSTER 1,520 photos, 413 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - JAPAN 1 photo, 1,437 members
- Streets of Shanghai 29 photos, 26 members
- China, The Middle Country 中国 208,511 photos, 11,390 members
- Beijing 86,160 photos, 3,997 members
- Beijing Flickr Meetup 16,701 photos, 983 members
- 上海 Shanghai 109,575 photos, 6,159 members
- 2010 Pakistan Floods 332 photos, 82 members
- Inspiration 2011 2,491 photos, 1,076 members
- Group ƒ/64 753 photos, 89 members
- Group f/64 242 photos, 53 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 19,261 photos, 23,579 members
- German Lenses 3,401 photos, 99 members
- M42 99,140 photos, 6,060 members
Ganymede: Photography says:
"Junaid is a very talented photographer and also a great friend. You can't miss his gallery! He's such a nice artist. Keep up the good work, always!"
30th December, 2011
"juni's photos take me to a place i may never get to visit. he makes me see the true value of things i take for granted every day. for that, i thank him. i don't believe i have ever seen someone so enthusiastic and persistent about learning photography. thank you, juni...your friend, jenny."
7th April, 2007
zdc _ 70+30 !!! says:
"“Un-armed and dangerous !”………… no other words can describe EJ…..Imagine the day when he gets the full minimal kit and LIKES to roam free in the in the wild !
So what…..he is young and above all, self-critical. He is in the same depression phase I have faced for a decade. Roam wasn’t built in a day………so EJ is in building phase. We all are, more important to realize that we always are. Life through-the-lens is no different from life itself.
EJ is a thermal engineer……….he is about to develop a camera out of a flat-bed scanner, in fact he has in papers ! Back in early 90s, a doc friend of mine once produced a razor-sharp mirror image of a building on a single 35mm film frame using 50mm lens without double exposing the negative or putting a mirror in front of the lens…….how could he, as he didn’t even know where the double exposure switch was ! He left the camera because he had strong myopia and no view-finder refraction correction aid was available, while stating the reason “I don’t know why the heck photogs use two hands to hold the SLR !” I will not let anything like this to be concluded by EJ now !
EJ you should be engaged a little more in the photography while retaining your technography. It is an extremely rare combination ………….. in fact a mutant one ! ‘Evolution’ is a word meant for masses……… like me !"
1st April, 2007
- October 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken