I'm a landscape photography nut and a very proud co-founder of the best photography workshop company in California.
Join photography guru and flickr celeb Jim Patterson and I for an exciting and fun photography workshop. We'll take you to amazing and beautiful locations, all while teaching you how to create breathtaking landscape and seascape photos.
More about me
Despite my profile pic, I am not really a cheetah. In truth I am a photographer living in Santa Cruz, California. I grew up in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada and completely took that amazing opportunity for granted. For example, I lived about 2 hours away from Yosemite and visited the park maybe 5 times in 15 years. Yeah, I know.
When I moved to LA to study engineering I realized just what I had been missing out on by not spending more time in the woods. Ever since then I've been getting out and exploring as many neat places as I can, from the high sierra, to New Zealand, to Mongolia.
My studies in engineering ultimately led to a job designing autonomy and fault protection systems in communications satellites for Boeing. While it was a good job, it didn't really give me the freedom I needed to pursue the life I wanted to live. In 2008 I made a drastic change: I left my job at Boeing and started my own nature photography business.
Since then I've met countless people, shared lots of stories, traveled to places near and far, and even sold a few photos. The one thing I've found really amazing is the personal connections with people my photographs bring about. People tell me all about the yearly backpacking trips they would take past Cathedral Peak, or through the Little Lakes Valley; they talk to me about their African safaris; or they tell me about the places they dream of going. It's really neat to see all these wonderful moments in my life reflected in the lives of the folks who view my work.
All images are copyright Joshua Cripps 2006-2012. Use of any images without my express written permission is illegal and punishable by law.
If you wish to use an image for any reason, please contact me. In general I am ok with non-commercial uses as long as attribution is given. However. as with all copyrighted works, commercial use of my photos requires a commercial license. Please contact me for a quote.
I am against flickr glittr. Just say no to flashy group badges!
A quick note about contacts: I am flattered if you add me as a contact. But I apologize in advance if I don't add you as a contact back. I can't keep up with my current contacts as it is so I'm very hesitant to add more. If you add me, I will do my best to check out your work, but I have a backlog of 1000+ contact addees to go through so please bear with me.
- New Zealand Geographic 40,533 photos, 2,144 members
- Croporamas 706 photos, 275 members
- Yosemite Conservancy 5,008 photos, 701 members
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Utah 1,276 photos, 153 members
- Fall Color in the American West 346 photos, 72 members
- Landscapes Photographers 295 photos, 22 members
- Naturography 274 photos, 67 members
- Best of U.S. National Parks 9,023 photos, 1,685 members
- Utah 47,204 photos, 2,615 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 395,511 photos, 21,881 members
- My 25 Best Photos Mis 25 Mejores Fotos 63 photos, 26 members
- Death Valley 15,029 photos, 2,170 members
- Nikon D300s Users Group 157,948 photos, 5,654 members
- Photographing California 553 photos, 37 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,320 photos, 2,040 members
- Capturing the Light - Exploring the World 2,067 photos, 122 members
- Sea to Summit Workshops 149 photos, 55 members
- LEE Filters 23,090 photos, 2,271 members
- Top 20 Water Photos 18 photos, 1,201 members
- The Pantheon of Landscape 4,164 photos, 540 members
- Faves EXTREME 100 (<10 views per fave) 568 photos, 166 members
- Outstanding Shots - Invite Only 22,352 photos, 8,658 members
- Amazing Shots Gallery! 228,289 photos, 22,134 members
- Cloudporn 119,926 photos, 15,510 members
- I WILL SHOW YOU MY PHOTOS! THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD FEEL! 26,795 photos, 544 members
- ♥ PLANET FLICKR! ♥ WHERE WE LIVE! ♥ POST EVERYDAY ♥ 21,949 photos, 405 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 181,683 photos, 6,839 members
- Zion National Park 8,909 photos, 1,260 members
- Nikon D300 Users 522,011 photos, 16,925 members
- Pacific Seascapes 2,584 photos, 284 members
- Elemental Photography 1,289 photos, 204 members
- Davenport, California 853 photos, 160 members
- Flickr One [the #1 once a week posting group on Flickr] 2,653 photos, 225 members
- California Photographer 15,629 photos, 908 members
- Flickr's Best Sunsets 2,676 photos, 807 members
- National Wildlife Magazine Photo Group 97,596 photos, 5,836 members
- Photoshop Support Group 198,739 photos, 32,356 members
- Technique 204 photos, 16,306 members
- ***THE BEAUTIFUL ♥ GROUP!*** 29,788 photos, 826 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 442,400 photos, 94,225 members
- A "Quality Only" Club -Admin Invite+Moderated Post 12,266 photos, 2,168 members
- SmugMug Users 3,276 photos, 183 members
- Beautiful Mountains 29,700 photos, 2,496 members
- Mountains Anywhere 229,922 photos, 20,343 members
- Mountains 3000 meters or 10000 feet and above 831 photos, 122 members
- World's Most Beautiful Mountains 435 photos, 187 members
- Post-Processing: Before and After 0 photos, 3 members
- One Strobe Pony 62,381 photos, 8,396 members
- Studio Splash 3,305 photos, 788 members
- High Speed Photography 29,086 photos, 7,344 members
Joshua Cripps doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Joshua Cripps
- January 2007
- Sonora, CA
- Santa Cruz, CA
- I am:
- Joshua Cripps Photography