American creative director with over a decade of professional experience working Asia, floating between Tokyo, Japan and Singapore. I chase light and color, finding that "moment" gives me energy and motivation to explore this remarkable world around me.
I never leave home without my camera, much like I never leave without my shoes. Photography has given me a means to express myself in ways I never could through other creative mediums. Through photography I try to weave a loose narrative that tells the tales of my travels and life. It is the story of complete strangers, dark alleys, neon lights, the dim glow of the late hours, and anything else that catches my eye.
If you want to explore my origins, what I have seen and experienced that brought me to where I am, please buy my book of travel photography:
It is only a glimpse of my time these past years and the people, places and events that have directly influenced my style and personality.
If you want to dig deeper, have a look at my photo blog.
For the curious:
Voigtländer 20mm F3.5
Nikkor 35mm F1.4 ais
Nikkor 50mm F1.2 ais
Nikkor 85mm F1.4 af-d
Nikkor 135mm F2.8 ai
I can't reveal how i get "those colors", but I assure you, it's all about unicorns and cheeseburgers and how you tame them.
GENERAL PHOTO USAGE:
If you are interested in high res versions of my photos for print or you want to use them for your web project then please ask and I will be happy to work something out. I am not keen on giving away my photos for free use, that is not fair to me or my friends who are professional photographers who rely on this for a stable income.
If you want a hand with a project, send me a message and lets talk. I LOVE shooting band photos, and will happily trade a few shots for some beer.
Publishers! I aspire to publish of a proper book of my photos one day, please do contact me if you are interested in working me along that road. I am also very keen to hold gallery shows, particularly if it is to benefit a good cause.
**Please do not thieve my photos for use in your ads or strange art projects. Ask first before taking, I will ALWAYS listen.**
*Some of you viewing my photos for the first time may know me by my name, Yoneoka. After marrying Waki, my wonderful wife, I adopted her last name as my own and use it while traveling Asia. In Japan I am legally Yoneoka, although when I return home to America it reverts back to Siegel.
- Vietnam Images 104,479 photos, 5,881 members
- Vietnam - Street photography 1,485 photos, 1,509 members
- Street Portraitist 56,457 photos, 2,733 members
- Streets of Asia 3,784 photos, 67 members
- Singapore Food & Beverages 12,367 photos, 746 members
- WKW/ Christopher Doyle 2,370 photos, 329 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 244,785 photos, 19,922 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,156 photos, 7,118 members
- Cake Tourism 757 photos, 543 members
- + Toys ( 玩具,おもちゃ ) 365,480 photos, 22,205 members
- Urban Vinyl 11,578 photos, 752 members
- Custom Vinyl Toys 10,263 photos, 1,483 members
- Vinyl Abuse 1,169 photos, 124 members
- Vinyl Toys Trade 1,209 photos, 196 members
- Flâneurs et Flâneuses 323 photos, 348 members
- Pensieri distratti - Thoughts distracted 708 photos, 70 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 57 photos, 97 members
- Nanyang Photography 962 photos, 34 members
- Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI-S 767 photos, 87 members
- India Travel and Photography 14,822 photos, 654 members
- India Images 304,657 photos, 14,868 members
- Indian wedding photography 891 photos, 291 members
- Cosina Voigtländer Color Skopar 20mm f/3.5 3,661 photos, 416 members
- Malaysia Images 140,993 photos, 6,738 members
- Malaysia Street Photography 9,114 photos, 1,521 members
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 170,172 photos, 7,334 members
- Food and Drinks creative photography 9,134 photos, 4,829 members
- İstanbul 39,498 photos, 2,569 members
- francexploration 16,813 photos, 701 members
- FONTAINEBLEAU ! 790 photos, 94 members
- Tea & Coffee 2,338 photos, 727 members
- Best Photo on Flickr ~~~ (Must COMMENT or INVITE 3!!!) 182 photos, 16 members
- Egoshooting photographers 753 photos, 35 members
- Curry Rice 723 photos, 188 members
- Nikkor 35mm 1.4 2,272 photos, 353 members
- donut whores 1,537 photos, 511 members
- The Ultimate Dessert Flickr Group 18,106 photos, 1,680 members
- Cosplay Photography 37,126 photos, 3,196 members
- Le temps & L'instant 1,042 photos, 830 members
- Nikon FE 19,421 photos, 1,547 members
- Theater and Stage Photography 3,441 photos, 432 members
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR & VRII 83,440 photos, 6,377 members
- Cambodia Images 72,298 photos, 4,997 members
- Beauty of Bintan 134 photos, 11 members
- Indonesian Street Photography 1,293 photos, 142 members
- Walked Down The Street (Indonesia) 4,404 photos, 431 members
- The Coffee Bar 20,604 photos, 5,154 members
- Exquisite Bokehs 29,446 photos, 1,720 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 979,199 photos, 59,163 members
- Architecture at Night 7,644 photos, 556 members
"Jon is a great guy, and great photographer. I've had the pleasure of meeting him in Singapore and walking around Chinatown talking shop. His style is very unique and if you get to see him in action you WILL be amazed, unorthodox, and brilliant, photography really is second nature to him."
22nd October, 2012
"here i go, adding the first testimonial of this great photographer, Yoneoka. indeed he have traveled through a series of evolutions to become what his today as a photographer, a master class night time kind of look with no other flavor than oriental culture today, I'm just talking for me here but that's are some really appealing things for me in kind of photography, Jon has become one of my main point of influence here in flickr, i love the images he create and i hope one day to go there and see the wonders of what Japan, India and Singapoore has to ofer to my eye, brain and heart.
i know Jon Siegel has become what it is because of this kind of life that he shows spread in his photo stream. indeed is something worth to show.
Keep the best moments, Forever."
11th May, 2012
- Jon Siegel
- December 2008
- Walpole, MA
- Singapore, Singapore
- I am:
- Creative Director / Entrepreneur
- Jon Siegel