Un Bienvenue spécial ,aux Francophones
If I did not have my dogs I would be in a wheel chair,, Thanks you Holly, Barbie and Fabio xoxoxo
All images( including special effects) are taken by myself. I don't use stock photos on the net and photos taken by someone else .
I broke my back a few years ago as a Firefighter / Medic and to replace all that passion I found photography along with Photoshop and Flickr has put the flame back into my heart
My life revolves around my Royal Standard Poodles , they are therapeutic and make me walk every day , I bring my camera and they act as my Models..
For more photos on my Royal Spoos please look at my Friend's Andrée photo stream
#1 Dog on Flickr Explore
Some of my most interesting photos
Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk
Barbie & Holly
Barbie & Fabio
Please let me know where my photos are Blogged , also if you are the 1st one to comment on a photo , please do not put an invite with a big image , I find it distracting to mine ( I don't want to sound Fancy but it bugs me ) Please no Flashing Gif comments or invites under my photos I HATE that ..................
More on me in interview I ......Interview II
all my photos are under full copyright. all rights are reserved.
if you are interested in my photos, please contact me via e-mail.
I do not post my images in full-resolution on Flickr
My female Caniche Royal ( Standard Poodle ) Holly Wood is my Karma , my zen my everything , she really is an Angel disguise as a dog ;o)
On Flickr I want to be part of Artists that share their knowledge as I try to share mine ,
The more you give , the more you receive....
Norman Rockwell is my artistic Hero
Group that I Founded on May 30 2006
Standard Poodle - Caniche Royal Group ( SPCR ) ©
I understand French , English , Spanish and some Italian
* note * If you do add me as a contact - Thank you! .....But Please don't be offended if i don't add you back,as i struggle to keep up with my present contacts as it is! However i will try to look at your photos when and if i have a chance to do so
My Artist look
MY WORK HAS VALUE!
Photographers' Rights Group.
Flag counter installed on 1/29/2011
- ~The Magic of Colours~ 7,583 photos, 3,743 members
- Artistic and creative dog shots! 54,251 photos, 4,178 members
- "Je suis Charlie" 4,134 photos, 1,009 members
- LG G3 3,801 photos, 538 members
- poodles 14,784 photos, 985 members
- Golden Retrievers, we love them! 22,154 photos, 1,354 members
- Aboriginal People/First Nations/Autochtones 5,009 photos, 182 members
- ANIMAL FRIENDS! 16,079 photos, 569 members
- Sweet Dogs 12,481 photos, 957 members
- 100 x: The 2014 Edition 6,394 photos, 138 members
- Winterland 11,495 photos, 440 members
- ~Stealing Shadows~ - by ADMIN invite - *+18, Cmt 1 10,821 photos, 2,790 members
- Paw Nation 22,820 photos, 4,403 members
- Fine Gold 1,524,648 photos, 39,522 members
- ~* Beauties Beasts *~ [ By Admin/Mod Invite Only ] 2,688 photos, 802 members
- INTENSOS ANIMALES / Intense animals 163,595 photos, 10,093 members
- The man's best friend 23,068 photos, 1,988 members
- Henny's Animal Kingdom - (P1/C2) 27,239 photos, 1,653 members
- Dog Expressions 349,131 photos, 32,431 members
- "Croque NATURE" 415,140 photos, 5,704 members
- squareFormat 990,763 photos, 40,533 members
- Amazing Animals and Animal Faces 29,447 photos, 551 members
- Our Dog Photography - High Quality Petography - NEW CONTEST! 17,085 photos, 2,041 members
- The Best Dogs in Flickr (Invited Photos Only) 1,799 photos, 829 members
- Alpha Strobist 8,842 photos, 1,126 members
- Escher's Droste Print Gallery 2,309 photos, 1,261 members
- Lytro Photography 720 photos, 193 members
- Photographes Québécois 90,580 photos, 1,148 members
- 10th anniversary of 9/11 433 photos, 239 members
- Native Canadian Women as Photo Subjects & Photographers 1,309 photos, 120 members
- Search The Best (Post INVITED Photos Only) 1,670 photos, 564 members
- Blink Again Level 3 SUPERSTARS - SHOWCASE 9,150 photos, 2,018 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 21,897 photos, 2,466 members
- Goldendoodle 7,488 photos, 542 members
- Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Pictures 6,559 photos, 730 members
- SoloReflex 101,089 photos, 1,937 members
- Blink again level 2 best of blink - INVITE ONLY Please award two 25,804 photos, 5,679 members
- Australian Shepherds 10,916 photos, 789 members
- Animals in B/W, Sepia & Minimal Color 23,893 photos, 2,069 members
- Blink Again (no children) Post 2 award 3 473,719 photos, 17,461 members
- Digital Enhancement with Aaron Nace 964 photos, 260 members
- PhotoshopCAFE 2,948 photos, 281 members
- high quality nature 147,457 photos, 3,918 members
- FOLKCLORE (164 INTERESANTES GALERÍAS ABIERTAS) 35,992 photos, 1,786 members
- Horse Tales 11,938 photos, 1,064 members
- Standard Poodles, your best shot 1,757 photos, 70 members
- PET STANDARD POODLE (PSP) 13,516 photos, 94 members
- Standard Poodle - Caniche Royal ( SPCR ) group © 15,105 photos, 402 members
- Standard Poodle FUN 3,051 photos, 130 members
- Art of Images ~ AOI L1~ ( P1,A3) Re-Opened Now...!!!! 959,855 photos, 38,981 members
Alise Lamoreaux says:
"Like everyone else who has posted a testimonial for Johny, I too am taken with his photography and artistic skill. He understands his subjects to such great depth that even the simplest photo makes you feel like you know the subject. I have had the special privilege of having Johny work on a couple of my photos for me. He used the photos I took and his amazing artistic skills to produce an amazing quality product. Our first collaboration was on a photo for a fiend of mine’s birthday. He took my simple shot and added strength to it with his amazing photoshop skills. The he worked on a very personal shot for me of my oldest horse. When he was finished, the photo was printed on canvas and looks like a painting by one of the great masters… which it now is. He brought out her soul so perfectly through his technique. Collaborating with Johny was a great experience and one I would highly recommend."
September 9th, 2008
"Johny Day...yeah, he IS an artist - but more than that he is the most sensitive guy around - always! He sets the bar higher every day and gives himself (and therefore all of his fans) permission to expression of ALL the facets that make us humane (rhymes with germane). Pied Piper? Prince Charming? OMG a Canadian Adonis!!!"
June 30th, 2008
greg westfall says:
"Man, what can I say about Johny?
All of his shots are fantastic.
Some of his shots of Holly are magical.
She is the clay in the master's hands.
Every picture of Holly is a surprise.
Neverending is their journey.
Give Johny a camera and the magic begins.
Inspiration on four paws.
Love those shots of Holly.
Live long, love large."
April 24th, 2008
Jill's Junk says:
"This is long overdue Johny but hard to come up with something that hasn't already been said and you know it isn't easy for me to get too gushy but want to do this justice:-). It goes without saying that you are a very talented photographer and are so committed to the craft that I know you are always learning and growing as an artist and it shows.
Having met Johny and having had the pleasure of getting to know him, I think the biggest compliment I could give is that he is also a caring and sensitive guy (which also shows in his photos) and it's my pleasure to call him my friend. Keep up the great work Johny and keep inspiring all of us."
January 12th, 2008
Jennifers Photography says:
"Johny Day. Hmmmm, let me see, what can I say about Johny Day?
He takes good pictures.
Hmmmm, now that doesn't really say much, let me try again.
Okay, here we go. He takes good pictures because he always sees something in his subjects that he knows will touch us before he even presses the shutter button.
Then after he has taken the picture/pictures, he continues the process of creating his masterpiece and believe me, that is what he produces.
Time after time, I have gone to his stream and have been astounded at how he can turn what may be at times, an ordinary image, into a real work of art.
Many people are disdainful of those of us who enhance photos with Photoshop, calling it Photocrutch and other some such ignorant names, but Johny does with Photoshop what many great photographers in the past accomplished after hours in a dark room with chemicals.
He is truly an artist and if you spend even two seconds browsing his photo stream, you will surely agree."
January 5th, 2008
"Johny Day is a funny, kind and compassionate person who is extremely talented! His photographs are always creative, colourful and full of emotion. He's a person who truly loves the art of photography, and his passion clearly shines in his work.
I was honoured to have him comment on my pictures and then add me as a contact. His sense of humour makes him quick to like and he's helpful too, willing to share ideas and help when asked.
Even though I haven't known him long he is truly an inspiration to me.
December 18th, 2007
Rock and Racehorses says:
"Johny Day has a great eye for detail and his portraits are very intimate and inviting. It's always a pleasure to check out his latest work."
September 24th, 2007
Chris (archi3d) says:
"Johny has a great talent for capturing characters/animals attitudes.
And his artistic sense is also very developed in landscapes, beautifully rendered. Pictures are always rich in details with marvelous colors treatments. "Passion" seems to be the good word to describe his personality, as he knows to be creative, distinctive, clever with subjects that we could think everything has been done before.
All along this photostream, it brings up much nobility in the way to show these scenes."
June 6th, 2007
Philippe Sainte-Laudy says:
"Johny is a superb photographer with an eye for detail, and an ability to turn the ordinary into extraordinary!
His photos of animals are always magnificent!!!
He knows also how to be creative!
I look forward to seeing your next work of art!
Greetings from France
June 3rd, 2007
"Consistency is one of Johny Day's trademarks. He has a consistently amazingly wonderful photostream. Is there ever a bad one in the bunch? I don't think so. Each and every shot in his photostream cause me to sit back in awe... Wow... he has developed his talent and skill to a level I can only aspire to.
Entertaining and inspring... thank you Johny Day!"
March 26th, 2007
"Johny Day is not only an exceptional artist and photographer, with amazing gifts for communicating with animals, Johny is also one of the finest people you'll meet on flickr. He is generous and encouraging, and I owe him a ton of thanks for the help he has given me. He also has the finest Caniche Royale that you ever did see!"
March 28th, 2007
"* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * A M A Z I N G* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
His talents and creativity show through his amazing pictures.
When we first became Flickr friends he would ask me how I do things with my images now I am gonna have to ask him how he does what he does to make his images so fantastic. He has improved the quality of his images drastically. He is not scared to
try new things thats what makes him great. Keep an eye on his future masterpieces because they will be great ones. Johny! Keep up the amazing work.........
March 5th, 2007
Ms Ladyred says:
"I am proud to call Johnny one of my flick friends. He has a beautiful photo stream. He has an amazing diversity within it. Have a look and you will see the beauty within.
He has a trully artistic talent. He is a great asset to the Flickr community."
January 9th, 2007
The Pack says:
"A tour through Johny Day's photography will bring you through a brilliant range of emotions. He's a passionate man who entices the very best from his subjects. Whether you're drooling with envy at the flash and shine of sport cars and motorcyles, smiling at the sweet love of his caniche royal in a bed of flowers, or enjoying his beautiful portraits you'll see in each of these subject their finest inner character. Johny Day makes the everyday things around us, extraordinary. And yet through his photography, he's able to maintain within the viewer the sense of connection. Johny Day's passion for living certainly colors and enriches his photographic treasures. Have a look through his photostream, you're sure to see his passion."
September 23rd, 2006
"Johny is a fantastic photographer no matter what the subject- his images of architecture, sky, landscapes, and humans have all blown me away- but it's his shots of his supernaturally ADORABLE poodle-y balls of fluffy goodness that repeatedly melt my heart & blow my mind. How he gets the shots he gets, I don't know... but thank goodness he does.... they are wonderful to behold..."
September 16th, 2006
- Johny Day
- January 2006
- USA / Canada
- I am:
- johnydaystudio [at] yahoo.com