Home or away, I love to go for a walk in a nice place, chase the light fantastic, and see what photos show up.... Some days I can't believe how much beauty I have been blessed to see in my life. I shoot other things, but I'm focusing my flickr collection on nature and travel images.
I've been amazed the last few years to find out how many wonderful nature images I can find on photowalks at Chisholm Creek Park, a small prairie restoration city park near where I live in Wichita. I know the great national parks are photogenic, but little did I realize how photogenic the tallgrass prairie flora and fauna can be.
I enjoy looking at all the great images flickrites post and I try to find and favorite the very best nature images I find on flickr (at least the ones without large frames). Take a look at a few of them below. If you love nature, I'm pretty sure you should visit my favorites collection and put it on slideshow.
Photography has been my hobby for twenty years and it just dazzles me to see how much more I can do with a digital camera than with my old film camera. The best thing is it's free so I can try things I would never try before and get instant feedback. I could never go back.
A little about me and some thoughts on nature photography: www.flickr.com/photos/johnfrisch/sets/72157613457967620/
- Chisholm Creek Park & GPNC 44 photos, 9 members
- STORMSCAPES 9,033 photos, 935 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES (2/day) 66,638 photos, 8,258 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,662 photos, 2,090 members
- high quality nature - Vote for Icon!~~~ 110,375 photos, 3,435 members
- ID Please 8,265 photos, 832 members
- Backpacking Photographers 377 photos, 28 members
- Butterflies' Elegance (invite only) 12,382 photos, 3,031 members
- Best of Iceland 3,603 photos, 2,008 members
- Field Guide to Insects and Spiders 37,989 photos, 2,397 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,700 photos, 21,905 members
- Oman 15,836 photos, 830 members
- Kansas Thunderstorms 2,569 photos, 392 members
- Great Plains Nature Photographers 2,014 photos, 87 members
- NaturePhotographs 129,550 photos, 6,660 members
- *ABW* Gallery ~ by invitation only 1,079 photos, 1,402 members
- FrHwoFavs 3,532 photos, 699 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 485,191 photos, 44,940 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 290,704 photos, 29,384 members
- visit the world - the travel guide 1,914,953 photos, 48,261 members
- Butterflies 127,030 photos, 12,903 members
- MY WINNERS P1/A2 / WINNERS NOW SHOWING 973,907 photos, 86,577 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only)-Post 1/Fave or Comment 2 492,227 photos, 63,026 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,852 photos, 7,640 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 369,134 photos, 50,382 members
- Wichita Photographers 27,542 photos, 683 members
- Kansas 35,293 photos, 1,192 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 296,942 photos, 39,380 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 14,166 photos, 6,213 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 285,548 photos, 42,635 members
"John has been a friend for quite some time now. His photography is always inspiring and impressive. Every year he puts out excellent work. I truly look forward to seeing his latest posts and only wish I could get as great results as he seems to produce! Outstanding work, John! Keep it up! Really looking forward to your SE Asia trip photos!"
9th January, 2011
"John has a wonderful, at times askance vision of our planet that always offers a fresh angle to contemplate, and his wide travels mean we have the privilege of armchair travel as seen through the eyes of a witness as artist."
17th May, 2010
"John is multi-talented photographer that never stops to astonish us with his breath-taking photos. Anything he chooses to capture from landscapes, to flowers, to insects, to animals, to sunsets, his photos are truly amazing! Thank you, John, for taking us on your adventures and let us see through your eyes what beautiful nature is all around us. Thank you for being awesome Flickr friend. :)"
4th October, 2009
Elizabeth Gadd says:
"All I can say is this: With every new photo posted, I can't help staring at it for what seems like hours before I eventually call my family over to see the beautifully captured scenes as well. I am always amazed with John's work. He was also one of my very first contacts on flickr, and without his inspiring photos and supportive comments, I don't think I could have ever come this far in the world of photography. Thank you John, and keep up the wonderful work! I look forward to logging onto flickr every day so I can see what new wonders you've seen and captured for us. :)"
26th June, 2009
Alpine Light & Structure says:
"What, only two testimonials? Well, here’s another. NaturalLight is a FlickrName, but it might well be a manifesto too. If you have the eye – as NaturalLight has – to scout out and visualise natural wonders anywhere from your local park to Africa’s highest mountain and everywhere in between, then who needs HDR and the whole photoshop pantechnicon of special effects? NaturalLight doesn’t: he lets nature speak for herself in natural light. And with great eloquence."
28th August, 2009
"John is nothing short of an inspiration. there's not one photo of his where I can find a flaw. He captures nature in all its glory that never fails to impress anyone who visits his site. pictures we all wish we could capture with the same finesse. you are an amazing photographer . im truly grateful and honoured to have you not only as a flickr contact, but as a friend as well.
your pictures are pure eyecandy, that eases the mind to look at and puts a smile on my face.
always with you on your travels through your art,
10th April, 2008
"John has had the privilege to explore places around the world that I can only dream of. And he has given us the privilege to come along with him on his travels by way of his beautiful photos, making my dreams come that much closer to reality. Keep exploring John, and keep giving us a view through your eyes with your beautiful photos - I always look forward to them."
7th February, 2008
- John Frisch
- February 2007
- Wichita, Kansas, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- flickr addict
- frisch.john [at] sbcglobal.net