Hello and welcome to my corner of the Flickr world!
I've had the great pleasure to have some grand adventures and plenty of less grand but still greatly enjoyable experiences. Generally, my adventures usually involved my terrific friends Sherri, Bob, or Mike, but occasionally other friends show up as well. I've set up this Flickr account to share these opportunities with you.
I am definitely an amateur photographer, and sometimes the quality of the photos reflect this fact. Almost all the pictures on this site were shot with a Nikon Coolpix 800 (which met a painful death on a ceramic tile bathroom floor the second day we were in Peru), my current pride and joy -- a Nikon D50 digital SLR, or a Canon SD 600 ELPH that serves as a backup camera (or the one I use when I just want to slip a camera into my pocket and not carry the big Nikon around my neck). Eventually, I'll post some pictures of Peru that were taken with my 1970 Minolta SRT 101 film SLR, which was my primary camera for decades and still does excellent work.
About the pictures, I generally don't do prints. Your local camera shop can certainly do a better job of printing these than I can. Take this page along to show that I've given them permission.
These photographs are available for any non-commercial use without permission (folks who wish to use them commercially should contact me; I usually give permission.) Most were taken (or scanned) at approximately 3000 x 2000, regardless of the dimensions of the Flickr photo; ask if you'd like me to replace a specific photograph with a larger copy. I try to respond to those requests promptly.
So click back and enjoy the photos! If you see any that are mislabeled, please let me know. And If you have comments or questions, please send them my way.
Thanks for viewing my photos!
UPDATE 6/22/2009 -- I've recently upgraded to a Nikon D-80, when the prices dropped as the D-90 took over. Still have the D-50 as a backup. Also, still haven't posted those Peru photos yet!
- The West Virginia State Police 129 photos, 206 members
- Fast Food Chains in the 80's 239 photos, 4 members
- State Police and Highway Patrol 7,273 photos, 374 members
- 20000 VIEWS 571 photos, 561 members
- 20,000 Photostream Views 7,006 photos, 522 members
- Movie and TV Vehicles and Cars 492 photos, 208 members
- Vintage Fast Food Chains 1,579 photos, 187 members
- Outdoors in Michigan - WKAR 1,074 photos, 40 members
- Over 10000 Views 989 photos, 981 members
- Views: 10000 5,768 photos, 3,329 members
- 5000 VIEWS(must have 5,000 views) 884 photos, 550 members
- Steam Locomotives 82,833 photos, 2,016 members
- Save The Delta Queen! 553 photos, 51 members
- Modern Supercars 58,377 photos, 841 members
- Michigan Woods, Water and Nature 32,360 photos, 1,253 members
- Fin and Fender [CLOSE-UPS ONLY!] 4,977 photos, 879 members
- RiverBoats 1,728 photos, 243 members
- Elkhart - Indiana 548 photos, 60 members
- Renaissance Festivals and faires 38,984 photos, 1,708 members
- Studebakers 912 photos, 123 members
- Corvairs 1,278 photos, 200 members
- Tired Iron, Antique Farm Equipment 7,349 photos, 320 members
- Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village 4,766 photos, 273 members
- Born Free, Living Free 91,582 photos, 2,734 members
Corvair Owner doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Joe Ross
- August 2005
- A genuine Hoosier
- Lansing, Michigan
- I am: