Hello and welcome to my corner of the Flickr world!
I've had the great pleasure to have some grand adventures and plenty of less grand but still greatly enjoyable experiences. Generally, my adventures usually involved my terrific friends Sherri, Bob, or Mike, but occasionally other friends show up as well. I've set up this Flickr account to share these opportunities with you.
I am definitely an amateur photographer, and sometimes the quality of the photos reflect this fact. Almost all the pictures on this site were shot with a Nikon Coolpix 800 (which met a painful death on a ceramic tile bathroom floor the second day we were in Peru), my current pride and joy -- a Nikon D50 digital SLR, or a Canon SD 600 ELPH that serves as a backup camera (or the one I use when I just want to slip a camera into my pocket and not carry the big Nikon around my neck). Eventually, I'll post some pictures of Peru that were taken with my 1970 Minolta SRT 101 film SLR, which was my primary camera for decades and still does excellent work.
About the pictures, I generally don't do prints. Your local camera shop can certainly do a better job of printing these than I can. Take this page along to show that I've given them permission.
These photographs are available for any non-commercial use without permission (folks who wish to use them commercially should contact me; I usually give permission.) Most were taken (or scanned) at approximately 3000 x 2000, regardless of the dimensions of the Flickr photo; ask if you'd like me to replace a specific photograph with a larger copy. I try to respond to those requests promptly.
So click back and enjoy the photos! If you see any that are mislabeled, please let me know. And If you have comments or questions, please send them my way.
Thanks for viewing my photos!
UPDATE 6/22/2009 -- I've recently upgraded to a Nikon D-80, when the prices dropped as the D-90 took over. Still have the D-50 as a backup. Also, still haven't posted those Peru photos yet!
- The West Virginia State Police 129 photos, 206 members
- Fast Food Chains in the 80's 216 photos, 4 members
- State Police and Highway Patrol 7,104 photos, 369 members
- 20000 VIEWS 449 photos, 536 members
- 20,000 Photostream Views 7,031 photos, 515 members
- Movie and TV Vehicles and Cars 492 photos, 205 members
- Vintage Fast Food Chains 1,558 photos, 188 members
- Outdoors in Michigan - WKAR 1,054 photos, 40 members
- Over 10000 Views 836 photos, 951 members
- Views: 10000 4,626 photos, 3,205 members
- 5000 VIEWS(must have 5,000 views) 717 photos, 519 members
- Steam Locomotives 77,029 photos, 1,957 members
- Save The Delta Queen! 536 photos, 50 members
- Modern Supercars 57,005 photos, 820 members
- Michigan Woods, Water and Nature 31,025 photos, 1,223 members
- Fin and Fender [CLOSE-UPS ONLY!] 4,988 photos, 879 members
- RiverBoats 1,707 photos, 241 members
- Elkhart - Indiana 538 photos, 60 members
- Renaissance Festivals and faires 38,409 photos, 1,706 members
- Studebakers 889 photos, 121 members
- Corvairs 1,261 photos, 199 members
- Tired Iron, Antique Farm Equipment 7,273 photos, 316 members
- Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village 4,633 photos, 268 members
- Born Free, Living Free 89,847 photos, 2,711 members
Corvair Owner doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Joe Ross
- August 2005
- A genuine Hoosier
- Lansing, Michigan
- I am: