and welcome to my Flickr photostream! I hope you enjoy my photos as much as I have enjoyed diving for and taking them. I love diving and observing marine life so much that I began taking photo's to record what I found and share the experience. I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia and the bulk of my diving is done in Port Phillip and Westernport Bays. I love showing people the amazing marine diversity that these southern temperate waters contain as most people including locals don't have a clue of the treasures under the surface here. Please note that although I do try to be accurate when naming the animals and plants I find, I am not a professional taxonomist and if you have any ID corrections I'd be more than happy to hear from you. I go on regular shore dives, mainly on the Mornington Peninsula and can be found most weekends in my underwater photography studio.
Portrait photo of me taken by Cal Mero check-out his awesome photos
At the start I did a fair bit of research looking at what others where using UW and asked a lot of questions on the Dive Oz discussion forums. In Feb 2007 I purchased a point & shoot Fuji E900 in an Ikelite house + Ike' DS125 strobe from Digital Diver in Cairns. I was very happy with results I achieved with that rig and I enjoyed the learning curve it provided me. I've since upgraded to a DSLR, Nikon D90 in a Nexus housing with Inon Z240 strobes and have been using it UW since October 2009.
Since getting a DSLR I have renewed my childhood interest in Birds and native flora & fauna in general. During my surface intervals from diving I go bush-walking and post images of what I see on another Flickr site- JimsWalks.
NB- My images do not belong to The Public Domain. All of my photos are © James Peake, worldwide, All Rights Reserved. Copying, altering, displaying or redistribution of any of these images without written permission from the artist is strictly prohibited. Any infringements of my rights will be rigorously pursued for full compensation with included penalties. Please email me for any inquiries relating to the purchase and/or use of any of my images.
MY WORK HAS VALUE!
Photographers' Rights Group.
I have a selection of some of my finest images and some Calendars available for purchase on RedBubble-
If there is a particular image you'd like to see on Redbubble just let me know & I can upload it for you.
Click the link below- to see a range of my images on Alamy ready for stock use. Please contact me for any images I have on Flickr that you'd like me to upload to Alamy for you.
- Billy the Blowfish 52 photos, 9 members
- GREEN- 35,278 photos, 1,883 members
- Water, water, water 439,993 photos, 18,605 members
- Green or Blue Colors in NATURE 6,484 photos, 1,635 members
- Green is Beautiful 789,107 photos, 88,290 members
- Sea & Ocean ( invite your contacts ) 371,629 photos, 25,453 members
- #1 Nature & Wildlife Photographers Corner 925,712 photos, 14,126 members
- Here's lookin at you 3,029 photos, 280 members
- Melbourne 169,772 photos, 7,643 members
- Photographers' Rights. 223 photos, 3,647 members
- Micro-Nikkor 60mm 2.8 23,198 photos, 1,772 members
- Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S VR Micro Lens 6,375 photos, 3,875 members
- flickr (unofficial) 5,214,588 photos, 109,890 members
- Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye 22,910 photos, 1,588 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,357 photos, 3,752 members
- Australian Geographic 31,474 photos, 1,358 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 2,030,925 photos, 55,885 members
- Gold 33,306 photos, 4,009 members
- Annelida 437 photos, 94 members
- Flatworms 700 photos, 132 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue 15,432 photos, 1,833 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2016 948,720 photos, 89,015 members
- Seahorses, Razorfishes & Pipefishes (Geo -Tag mandatory !!!!!) 1,640 photos, 178 members
- Marine Mammals 30,803 photos, 3,134 members
- Seals and Sea Lions 20,219 photos, 2,896 members
- Eels - Moray, Snake, Garden, Ribbon etc. 2,365 photos, 301 members
- BORN to be WILD 26,135 photos, 2,610 members
- Wilsons Promotory National Park 425 photos, 37 members
- Nikon D90 1,059,587 photos, 37,306 members
- DivePhotoGuide Underwater Photography 40,187 photos, 1,186 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 193,828 photos, 26,254 members
- Water Birds 118,775 photos, 3,992 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,232,019 photos, 34,424 members
- PLANET EARTH UNDERWATER 31,542 photos, 1,027 members
- Wonderful Divers 758 photos, 130 members
- Wilsons Promontory 988 photos, 127 members
- Divine Geometry 1,858 photos, 210 members
- Life Aquatic 72,858 photos, 4,542 members
- Wreck Diving 2,614 photos, 429 members
- * NuDI LoVERS * 6,986 photos, 306 members
- Welcome, Squid Overlords 759 photos, 219 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,605 photos, 4,391 members
- Octopi (the living animal only) 744 photos, 261 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 71,326 photos, 3,683 members
- INTERESTING SHOT ●Add 1 - Award or Invite 3● 14,824 photos, 1,858 members
- Marine life of Port Phillip Bay 742 photos, 43 members
- Mating (No Humans!) 347 photos, 106 members
- Negativity 105 photos, 40 members
- Seahorses underwater 508 photos, 51 members
- FiNS Group 66,472 photos, 1,676 members
Cal Mero says:
"Whilst Jimswims is both a birlliant diver and underwater photographer, he is also a skilled naturalist. Diving with Jim is always a pleasure as he often finds and observes remarkable marine animal behaviour that other divers/photographers simply miss. I can always rely on Jim to I.D the interesting and unique creatures we encounter on our dives.
His photography is always rewarding to view as he has a great ability to turn his encounters with marine animals into memorable and artisitic photos.
Click on the links below to see some of Jim's award winning photos.
After a year of diving with Jim I've found that both my diving and photographic skills have increased remarkable due to Jim's input and constructive criticism.
March 16th, 2008
- James Peake
- February 2007
- Melbourne, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Disability Support.
- My Gallery on Redbubble.
- peakeexperience [at] hotmail.com