and welcome to my Flickr photostream! I hope you enjoy my photos as much as I have enjoyed diving for and taking them. I love diving and observing marine life so much that I began taking photo's to record what I found and share the experience. I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia and the bulk of my diving is done in Port Phillip and Westernport Bays. I love showing people the amazing marine diversity that these southern temperate waters contain as most people including locals don't have a clue of the treasures under the surface here. Please note that although I do try to be accurate when naming the animals and plants I find, I am not a professional taxonomist and if you have any ID corrections I'd be more than happy to hear from you. I go on regular shore dives, mainly on the Mornington Peninsula and can be found most weekends in my underwater photography studio.
Portrait photo of me taken by Cal Mero check-out his awesome photos
At the start I did a fair bit of research looking at what others where using UW and asked a lot of questions on the Dive Oz discussion forums. In Feb 2007 I purchased a point & shoot Fuji E900 in an Ikelite house + Ike' DS125 strobe from Digital Diver in Cairns. I was very happy with results I achieved with that rig and I enjoyed the learning curve it provided me. I've since upgraded to a DSLR, Nikon D90 in a Nexus housing with Inon Z240 strobes and have been using it UW since October 2009.
Since getting a DSLR I have renewed my childhood interest in Birds and native flora & fauna in general. During my surface intervals from diving I go bush-walking and post images of what I see on another Flickr site- JimsWalks.
NB- My images do not belong to The Public Domain. All of my photos are © James Peake, worldwide, All Rights Reserved. Copying, altering, displaying or redistribution of any of these images without written permission from the artist is strictly prohibited. Any infringements of my rights will be rigorously pursued for full compensation with included penalties. Please email me for any inquiries relating to the purchase and/or use of any of my images.
MY WORK HAS VALUE!
Photographers' Rights Group.
I have a selection of some of my finest images and some Calendars available for purchase on RedBubble-
If there is a particular image you'd like to see on Redbubble just let me know & I can upload it for you.
Click the link below-
to see a range of my images on Alamy ready for stock use. Please contact me for any images I have on Flickr that you'd like me to upload to Alamy for you.
- GREEN- 24,295 photos, 1,676 members
- Water, water, water 146,596 photos, 9,085 members
- Green or Blue Colors in NATURE 6,736 photos, 1,325 members
- Green is Beautiful 680,778 photos, 64,495 members
- Sea & Ocean ( invite your contacts ) 245,244 photos, 20,189 members
- #1 Nature & Wildlife Photographers Corner 461,118 photos, 9,933 members
- Here's lookin at you 2,765 photos, 239 members
- Melbourne 148,800 photos, 6,938 members
- Photographers' Rights. 240 photos, 3,597 members
- Micro-Nikkor 60mm 2.8 18,068 photos, 1,515 members
- Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S VR Micro Lens 6,640 photos, 3,166 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,790,244 photos, 80,921 members
- Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye 20,247 photos, 1,432 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Contest 5,168 photos, 3,263 members
- Australian Geographic 7,747 photos, 630 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 610,709 photos, 17,014 members
- Gold 21,246 photos, 3,368 members
- Annelida 360 photos, 80 members
- Flatworms 534 photos, 107 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue....... Only Nature Please! 12,670 photos, 1,758 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2014 917,131 photos, 76,689 members
- Seahorses, Razorfishes & Pipefishes 1,280 photos, 140 members
- Marine Mammals 22,712 photos, 2,572 members
- Seals and Sea Lions 14,200 photos, 2,424 members
- Eels - Moray, Snake, Garden, Ribbon etc. 2,030 photos, 275 members
- BORN to be WILD 24,506 photos, 2,207 members
- Wilsons Promotory National Park 412 photos, 31 members
- Nikon D90 916,348 photos, 36,148 members
- DivePhotoGuide Underwater Photography 27,658 photos, 926 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 161,380 photos, 19,156 members
- Water Birds 67,584 photos, 3,195 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 810,073 photos, 29,417 members
- PLANET EARTH UNDERWATER 20,147 photos, 852 members
- Wonderful Divers 448 photos, 99 members
- Wilsons Promontory 865 photos, 106 members
- Divine Geometry 1,097 photos, 139 members
- Life Aquatic 47,621 photos, 3,695 members
- Wreck Diving 2,017 photos, 300 members
- * NuDI LoVERS * 5,590 photos, 316 members
- Welcome, Squid Overlords 741 photos, 215 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,159 photos, 3,941 members
- Octopi (the living animal only) 456 photos, 242 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 35,055 photos, 2,925 members
- INTERESTING SHOT ●Add 1 - Award or Invite 3● 16,247 photos, 1,873 members
- Marine life of Port Phillip Bay 558 photos, 34 members
- Mating (No Humans!) 246 photos, 72 members
- Negativity 103 photos, 39 members
- Seahorses underwater 232 photos, 37 members
- FiNS Group 53,947 photos, 1,480 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 74,165 photos, 2,974 members
Cal Mero says:
"Whilst Jimswims is both a birlliant diver and underwater photographer, he is also a skilled naturalist. Diving with Jim is always a pleasure as he often finds and observes remarkable marine animal behaviour that other divers/photographers simply miss. I can always rely on Jim to I.D the interesting and unique creatures we encounter on our dives.
His photography is always rewarding to view as he has a great ability to turn his encounters with marine animals into memorable and artisitic photos.
Click on the links below to see some of Jim's award winning photos.
After a year of diving with Jim I've found that both my diving and photographic skills have increased remarkable due to Jim's input and constructive criticism.
16th March, 2008
- James Peake
- February 2007
- Melbourne, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Disability Support.
- My Gallery on Redbubble.
- peakeexperience [at] hotmail.com