Well, the designers at Flickrbook® from Yahoo!® have decided to change everybody's profile page, without prior consultation, and without warning.
For some strange reason they think that placing photos of me that others have tagged around the site on my profile is a Good Thing, and don't give me the option of switching this off. Thankfully I don't have a vengeful ex who could abuse this feature, but I wonder how many other users out there have been (and are being) harmed by this change.
They seem to think that My Favorite (sic) photos should also appear on my profile, though they are not my own work, and haven't given me the option of turning them off.
So, my apologies if my Profile says more about other users on Flickrbook® from Yahoo!®, but that seems to be how the current administration want it. Every single day that I use this site, I feel I understand more and more why its founders Stuart Butterfield and Caterina Fake left it. It's sad to see a community which once so coherent being ruined by poor administrative decisions.
I left Fotolog after I felt that its staff were not paying enough attention to its users and I'm now, sadly, getting the same feeling from Flickrbook® from Yahoo!®. I'm starting to look at different photo sharing sites, both in Portuguese and English. If anybody has any suggestions, please drop me a Flickrbook mail.
create your own visited countries map
- I love all cats 3,788 photos, 381 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 19,261 photos, 23,579 members
- Post-Processing Addicts 28,078 photos, 1,407 members
- Bittersweet 2,643 photos, 234 members
- * Vanishing Points * 144,063 photos, 24,419 members
- Gotta Love a Boston Terrier 9,411 photos, 693 members
- cat criminalz 1,178 photos, 89 members
- Stuff With Six Legs 22,094 photos, 705 members
- Falar de Fotografia 1,374 photos, 168 members
- Imagem Imaculada 206 photos, 21 members
- So your Cat wants a Massage? 860 photos, 148 members
- in loving memory of imapix 132 photos, 156 members
- Dona Isabel 749 photos, 238 members
- The Weimaraner Group 11,662 photos, 795 members
- Weimaraners 16,861 photos, 1,083 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 4,038 photos, 1,621 members
- 10.10.10.10 AM GMT ART project 1,007 photos, 546 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,322 photos, 1,820 members
- October 10, 2010 1,863 photos, 2,582 members
- Flickr's pets (NO PEOPLE) 18,095 photos, 1,543 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,528 members
- Guardian Datastore 1,011 photos, 1,607 members
- Big Rock Cat's Love, Life, Art 1,673 photos, 78 members
- People with wetsuits that look like seals from the bottom 1,406 photos, 100 members
- Hummingbirds 33,067 photos, 4,073 members
- A message for the new Con/LibDem Coalition Government 150 photos, 152 members
- Red Bull Air Race - Rio de Janeiro/RJ - Brazil 300 photos, 30 members
- MacroChicken (& ostrich) 224 photos, 119 members
- Post 1 leave 3 passive aggressive comments, notes, or tags 8,706 photos, 836 members
- My little brats! 2,055 photos, 339 members
- Free Flickr Flowers ~FFF~ New Contest: Pure White 126,588 photos, 7,392 members
- Class 1 Powerboats 170 photos, 28 members
- I see faces ( Not a Portrait Group ) 7,519 photos, 1,828 members
- Vertoramas 12,457 photos, 1,854 members
- Photo Madness: Congratulations DeeMac! Our 2013 champion!! 444 photos, 351 members
- SOOC (Straight Out of the Camera) 155,621 photos, 7,987 members
- Great Photography, in Marc's opinion 211 photos, 1,099 members
- Cover Street 271 photos, 727 members
- FlickrCentral Brasil 73,348 photos, 4,524 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - JAPAN 1 photo, 1,437 members
- SOS Haiti 1,543 photos, 374 members
- Downtown Dormancy 1,188 photos, 180 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,875 photos, 19,464 members
- Siamese Cats and their Feline Brothers 124,675 photos, 10,243 members
- Cats - Show off your cat(s) ~ NEW ICON/AWARD CONTEST 82,785 photos, 9,020 members
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 62,918 photos, 1,975 members
- HQC - High Quality Cats 1,056 photos, 124 members
- Cabo Verde 4,275 photos, 368 members
- My 2010 Daily Photo Diary 420 photos, 127 members
- La mia prima foto su Flickr - My first photo on Flickr 11,916 photos, 23,079 members
"I keep trying not to look at Jim's stream, on account of his deeply upsetting subject matter, so I suppose it's a tribute to his excellence as a photographer that I'm prepared to brave his frightening cat shots in order not to miss his wonderful portrayals of Rio and the other places he visits. There are also some fabulous portraits in his stream, and that impossible shot of the smoking stunt plane is for my money the best action photo that's ever appeared on Flickr. He's one of our finest, and though I shall bitterly regret writing this, I think he once posted a cat shot I liked, as well."
1st February, 2009
Kristina J. says:
"I've been following Jim's work from early fotolog days and he has been inspiring me and awing me with his photos ever since.
Mind you, it helps that the bugger lives in hotter, more photogenic country than I do. :P"
1st May, 2007
"I seem to have known Jim here for ever. Although transplanted to a different culture and climate, he still seems to retain a peculiarly gritty and dry wit that could only have originated in the rain-drenched North of the ould sod.
As a photographer, he's one of those versatile buggers who can do landscapes, portraits, macros and urban stuff with equal facility and style. A jack of all trades and master of most of them too."
10th December, 2006
sous les pavés, la plage says:
"Without doubt, Jim is one of those very rare persons that manage to elevate the very common "torch lit cat hunts bug on flower in dramatic storms" shot into a true work of art.
Before you set sail and take course to his stream, let me just very quickly tell you that he is topless all the time - I believe it will add to your viewing pleasure."
9th March, 2006
"Jim's personality somehow really shines through in his thoughtful photos. His thoughtful commentary that is given unequivically to all that ask truly is an example to all, and is a great example of his desire to serve photography and enthusiasts. Enjoy his photos, then go to deleteme and enjoy his sharp mind. You won't regret it."
1st October, 2005
"I'm constantly impressed by the insightful, intelligent and reasoned comments that Jim makes. I consider him to be one of the most valuable assets of the Deleteme group! His photostream is also interesting and very diverse, as Jim seems to be well travelled and very interested in the world around him."
9th September, 2005
"At DeleteMe (that highly controversial and nasty group of critics), I learned that Jim was always unfailingly kind, constructive, and quite brilliantly accurate with all of his critical commentary. Browsing through Jim's photostream, I learned that Jim is a brilliant and, more unusually, an incredibly diverse photographer. He not only captures landscapes and macros well, but does an excellent job on abstracts and the odd photo of his cat. One wonders how that's possible, but he does it."
8th September, 2005
"When I grow up I want to be like Jim."
9th July, 2005
Kalense Kid says:
"Jim is truly one of the greats in flickr. His wise and witty comments are inevitably accurate, and I have rapidly come to regard him as an authority with a keen and critical eye. His own photos are interesting and thoughtful.
Of course, this all makes his inexplicable love of Lomo even more puzzling...
But despite this odd quirk, Jim is a person I would really like to meet one day."
7th July, 2005
First Contact says:
"I met Jim in the controversial "deleteme!" group. His wise @rse, but mostly witty, comments didn't go unnoticed. I was forced to view his photos while dutifully casting votes, but I'm glad for it! This is how I discovered his photostream which contains tonnes of amazing photos. Go and see for youselves!"
20th June, 2005
- Jim Skea
- October 2004
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- I am: