I'm a Third generation journalist born and raised in Broken Bow, Nebraska. Back then it was an hour to the nearest stoplight or to the nearest McDonalds. But you knew everyone, and they knew you.
Growing up in a publishing family, I had two darkrooms to use! I've been published in sports, news, wildlife, landscapes, and social events.
I was introduced to digital images working as a graphic artist/pre-press in Chicago. Some of the clients were models, agencies, fashion designers, and high-dollar auction houses. I even worked on most of the small newspapers of the area no matter what their language.
Migrated to Tucson a few years back. I enjoy the desert life. Been using Photoshop since the early 80s and here in Tucson I've been experimenting with photography. I love it!
Please feel free to contact me regarding your photographic needs.
Photos of Jim Purcell (5)
- Rocket stoves 66 photos, 33 members
- HTML Code Writing on Flickr 6,746 photos, 733 members
- Master of photoshop 302 photos, 252 members
- FIELD GUIDE OF BIRDS 26,009 photos, 493 members
- in explore 156,477 photos, 10,460 members
- Fotodiox Pro 631 photos, 295 members
- Pentax Medium Format 645 / 67 (Cropping Allowed) 5,118 photos, 308 members
- Pentax España 5,506 photos, 185 members
- Pentax Greece 980 photos, 57 members
- PentaxOnline 2,589 photos, 160 members
- HDR - Portraits 2,393 photos, 422 members
- Flickr's FAV : 50 1,681 photos, 266 members
- What's In Your Bag? [but NOT camera bags] 12,807 photos, 28,740 members
- HDR Churches 12,606 photos, 976 members
- Reid Park Zoo 104 photos, 14 members
- Lifehacker Workspace Show and Tell 9,928 photos, 8,967 members
- Light Stalking 40,574 photos, 2,542 members
- Digital Photography School 257,583 photos, 17,131 members
- Geotagged: Arizona 1,194 photos, 46 members
- American architecture 513 photos, 35 members
- Holy Buildings 2,177 photos, 35 members
- HDR Cemeteries 5,427 photos, 470 members
- U.S. National Natural Landmarks 160 photos, 33 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,819 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 428,983 photos, 102,659 members
- Baja California Sur, Mexico 2,926 photos, 246 members
- Arizona Architecture 3,248 photos, 218 members
- Hot for Hibiscus 3,941 photos, 497 members
- Studio Lighting On A Budget or Not. 9,412 photos, 1,572 members
- Pentax SMC DA* 55mm 1.4 SDM 2,718 photos, 202 members
- Restaurants, Lounges, Bars, Taverns, Cafes, Pubs & Employees 90,275 photos, 7,163 members
- SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, ARIZONA 588 photos, 3 members
- Banking in Photos / banking on photos 5,918 photos, 379 members
- Mosques and Minarets 42,946 photos, 6,033 members
- Macro Photography 309,355 photos, 36,425 members
- Your Preferred Picture **WELCOME! ** 38,175 photos, 1,429 members
- Pentax Zooms 11,665 photos, 200 members
- Pentax Primes 28,817 photos, 983 members
- arizona urban explorers 1,376 photos, 127 members
- Team Pentax DSLR 39,366 photos, 695 members
- Flickr's FAV : 70 1,505 photos, 143 members
- Favorites: 70 3,973 photos, 1,893 members
- All of Arizona Photography 4,730 photos, 82 members
- MODEL FOR A DAY (NO SELFPORTRAIT) 61,041 photos, 5,432 members
- ***MACRO NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY INTERNATIONAL*** (p1/a1) 13,704 photos, 1,247 members
- Out Of Bounds (OOB) Creations 13,384 photos, 2,917 members
- National Register of Historic Places 43,959 photos, 848 members
- * making planets * 8,613 photos, 1,545 members
- Miniplanetas 2,594 photos, 393 members
- Official National Geographic Group 577,892 photos, 17,651 members
"Jim is on a continous search after the most striking processing. His work, or better say, footprints along the journey is always striking, refreshing and obviously surprising."
19th November, 2011
"I've only recently come to 'know' Jim via Flickr and I have to say he is a very kind and generous person. He has been very patient in answering some questions I've had. And if you check out his galleries you'll see a tremendous talent as well. He makes beautiful pictures which he shares with the rest of us...
If I am ever in Tuscon I think I owe him and his lovely a nice lunch at In-n-Out (check his gallery to get that bit of a joke.. :D) that is if I don't melt driving through AZ. ;)"
20th June, 2011
- January 2006
- Broken Bow, NE
- I am:
- Male and Taken